pillowtop mattress on some Princess ships?

vmom

We are on the Ruby for our Med Cruise this August and just read on the Princess website that the mini-suites have pillow-top mattresses. I certainly do not know about the other types of cabins, but this is a welcome plus for us. It is the first time in a mini-suite for us, but so far I am getting even more excited about our trip.. It was a free upgrade that started out as a BG GTY. Live is good.:D

Our Sapphire Princess VS suite on Dolphin deck had the pillow-top mattress last week - it was lovely. On another thread I read that a mini on Dolphin also had it -- I don't know if that means all the mattresses on Sapphire Princess or maybe just on Dolphin deck (or maybe just our two :o) have been changed out. Even though we were never really bothered by the old mattresses (we like firm mattresses) these are a definite improvement -- really comfy!

Interesting - where on the Princess website did it talk about pillow-tops in mini-suites? I'm wondering if it's all mini-suites, or just for the specified ships. We're in a mini-on the Coral in July and don't know if we need to bring the memory foam or not. FYI - we were in a mini on the Emerald in January and did have a memory foam topper (not the egg crates but a proper memory foam with a cloth cover) which could be described by some as a "pillow top", and was very comfortable.

I always have to use an eggcrate on the bed. I have a lot of back problems. At times the thin eggcrates didn't help so I have the steward put a comforter doubled in half lengthwise under the sheet, and that does the trick. Don't know how people sleep on those rocks they call a mattress, but our friends who recently cruised with us, didn't even notice the mattress was hard.:)

We recently got off the Coral, were a midship balcony on Caribe deck. No pillowtop in our cabin, had preordered an egg crate topper, and it was there when we arrived. One of the thickest ones we have seen in a long time. We slept very well. Asked our TA to order it or us, and it worked.

Just returned from Caribbean Princess, no pillow tops just the same old sad foam toppers which are nest to useless. We take our own self inflating mattress toppers which work a treat.

Sonic.

We are on the Ruby for our Med Cruise this August and just read on the Princess website that the mini-suites have pillow-top mattresses.

Interesting - where on the Princess website did it talk about pillow-tops in mini-suites? I'm wondering if it's all mini-suites, or just for the specified ships.

Could you direct me to where on the Princess website it says there are pillowtop mattresses in mini-suites? I've only seen that statement for all of the Royal Princess' cabins but not for any existing ships. Thanks. :)

We recently got off the Coral, were a midship balcony on Caribe deck. No pillowtop in our cabin, had preordered an egg crate topper, and it was there when we arrived. One of the thickest ones we have seen in a long time. We slept very well. Asked our TA to order it or us, and it worked.

Thanks. We will be on the Coral in August so I think I will call in a request either to princess or my TA to make a request.

I have sent a faxed request the last several times that I have cruised, but have yet to have a foam topper on the mattress after faxing a request. Each time the steward has told me that he was never informed of my faxed request.

I usually just ask the steward, but last January on the Ruby he told me that the twin size had run out. Instead he folded up a blanket for extra cushion. That worked for the first couple of day, but after that, the blanket got as hard as the mattress.

Thanks. We will be on the Coral in August so I think I will call in a request either to princess or my TA to make a request.

I have sent a faxed request the last several times that I have cruised, but have yet to have a foam topper on the mattress after faxing a request. Each time the steward has told me that he was never informed of my faxed request.

I usually just ask the steward, but last January on the Ruby he told me that the twin size had run out. Instead he folded up a blanket for extra cushion. That worked for the first couple of day, but after that, the blanket got as hard as the mattress.

My experience has been if after faxing a request it shows under "Special Services" on my "Travel Summary" available through the Cruise Personalizer there's a greater chance of it being on my bed when I arrive in my cabin.

Just returned from Caribbean Princess, no pillow tops just the same old sad foam toppers which are nest to useless. We take our own self inflating mattress toppers which work a treat.

Sonic.

We had a pillow top in a minisuite on Crown Princess the past two weeks. Family in a Caribe deck balcony did not.

Could you direct me to where on the Princess website it says there are pillowtop mattresses in mini-suites? I've only seen that statement for all of the Royal Princess' cabins but not for any existing ships. Thanks. :)

I am still looking for the link with the description that indicated this. When I find it again, I will report.

I did see it, I did, I did.. :confused:

Got of the Star April 13,we had mini suit D603,the mattress was terrible,had to place 2 toppers on it to get a decent sleep. We were in the same mini suit on the Golden last year and had a wonderful pillowtop mattress,so it seems to be hit and miss.

Here is the link http://www.princess.com/html/global/popups/metas/mini_suite.html

It clearly states "comfortable, luxury Pillow-top Mattresses"

But I suspect that this is for Mini suites in general, not just the Ruby. To find this on the Princess website, simply select a cruise and when you get to the point where there are prices for Suites, Mini-suites, balconies, ocean view, inside, just click on the cabin type (above the price and next to the little camera symbol) and a pop up will appear with this information. This is before hitting the "continue" button.

It looks like these mattresses are only in the Suites and Mini-suites.

Here is the link http://www.princess.com/html/global/popups/metas/mini_suite.html

I clearly states "comfortable, luxury Pillow-top Mattresses"

But this is for Mini suites in general, not just the Ruby. To find this on the Princess website, simply select a cruise and when you get to the point where there are prices for Suites, Mini-suites, balconies, ocean view, inside, just click on the cabin type (above the price and next to the little camera symbol) and a pop up will appear with this information. This is before hitting the "continue" button.

Thanks for locating the link & posting it...great detective work!

I just got off the Ruby on Sunday. I was upgraded to a Vista Suite and it had a pillow top mattress. I have to say, it was the most comfortable bed I've ever had on a Princess ship.

Hey Cathy.... if you read this send me an email as I have a photo of you on the wicker sled ride (with the spunky Princess video photographer) in Madeira, Portugal.

We also had a pillow top on the Ruby and we made it even better by having an egg crate put on it..... best 33 nights sleep we have had on a princess ship.

We are on the Ruby for our Med Cruise this August and just read on the Princess website that the mini-suites have pillow-top mattresses. I certainly do not know about the other types of cabins, but this is a welcome plus for us. It is the first time in a mini-suite for us, but so far I am getting even more excited about our trip.. It was a free upgrade that started out as a BG GTY. Live is good.:D

We were in an inside on Riviera deck on the Ruby and had a pillowtop.:D

Just got off the Star last Sunday. The bed was terrible. I requested an egg crate from the steward which he put on the bed that evening. Unfortunatly the bed had a big dip in the middle so the thin egg crate did not help.

I do believe that if Princess wants to continue being a 4 star cruise line, then they MUST change ALL of the old matresses.

If you checked into a 4 star hotel you would expect a decent matress. NOT a 1 star bed.

I have read many many complaints over the years I have been on CC but Princess still does not get the message.

Susan - Vancouver Canada

The bed we had on the Grand TA this spring was the worst we have had in 38 cruises. I asked for an egg crate which did not help! I wrote a note to the Hotel Manager and that afternoon someone came, looked at the bed and agreed it needed changing. It was changed out for a new pillowtop mattress that day! It made all the difference for the remaining 23 days of our cruise.

Archived