Buying Allegrisimo Drinks Package

TYRONEMAN

Question: Can the Allegrissimo plus be used in all bars and alternative dining restaurants?

That is also a good question. When package was launched it was mentioned on MSC sites that it doesn't apply to speciality restaurants. However now they say that food consumption on speciality restaurants doesn't apply - nothing mentioned about drinks there.

So the only way to avoid paying the 15% is to pay through a travel agent - is this correct?

Question: Can the Allegrissimo plus be used in all bars and alternative dining restaurants?

Finally - is anyone on the NY cruise leaving Bracelona on 31st December?

Doesn't have to be booked through a TA. I booked mine (and the cruise) direct with MSC and paid it as part of the final invoice and did not pay a service charge.

It can be used in all bars but not in the speciality restaurants.

This gets pretty confusing with MSC again. On some website they say that ala carte restaurants aren't included in the package and on some pages they say that those are included. It also depends on the season. For winter season it isn't included and for summer 2013 it is included. Really hard to find the real answer.

http://www.msckreuzfahrten.at/at_de/Images/msc_getraenke_sommer_2013_tcm21-63019.pdf

This is in German and for summer 2013 ala carte restaurants are included.

http://www.msckreuzfahrten.at/at_de/Images/msc_getraenke_winter_2012_mm_ant_red_tcm21-60405.pdf

German again from the same site. Ala carte restaurants aren't included for winter season.

EDIT: Well after this confusion I contacted MSC customer service and got on answer according the files. On winter season it is not included but on summer is.

Doesn't have to be booked through a TA. I booked mine (and the cruise) direct with MSC and paid it as part of the final invoice and did not pay a service charge.

It can be used in all bars but not in the speciality restaurants.

The drinks were included in the Tex Mex on Splendida, despite the package information saying they wouldn't be

The drinks were included in the Tex Mex on Splendida, despite the package information saying they wouldn't be

Very confusing. At the end of September it definitely wasn't included in the a la carte restaurant on the Musica. I definitely had a drinks bill although I did get a discount on it with my MSC Club Status.

Maybe this is another policy that is in the process of changing (like buffet opening hours)

If you book in the UK via a travel agent then MSC will Not let you book any package including drinks with them! i know i rang and tried it.

We booked the Alli package onboard the ship and it did not include the Two speciality restaurants, and despite receiving an E mail from MSC regarding the New Buffet opening times which they say was in force .. on Poesia recently they were still closing at around 10-30pm.

so it looks like it is taking some time for information to filter through to the ships for whatever reason.

I contacted my UK travel agent today - and they confirmed they had booked the Allegrissimo plus package for the 4 people in our party - I am just awaiting confirmation of the price. I would have preferred to have paid in euros as we live in Spain - so I will probably lose out on the exchange rate - but it will probably be less than the 15% service charge on board - anyway however you look at it - it will be a bargain/chollo!

Any idea how many formal nights will be on the 7 night cruise - we are driving to Barcelona - so luggage isn't a problem.

I contacted my UK travel agent today - and they confirmed they had booked the Allegrissimo plus package for the 4 people in our party - I am just awaiting confirmation of the price. I would have preferred to have paid in euros as we live in Spain - so I will probably lose out on the exchange rate - but it will probably be less than the 15% service charge on board - anyway however you look at it - it will be a bargain/chollo!

Any idea how many formal nights will be on the 7 night cruise - we are driving to Barcelona - so luggage isn't a problem.

There are always 2 formal nights on a 7 night cruise

• 4 weeks later...
Hi

In response to one of the posts above, we live in the UK, booked our holiday with a TA but I managed to book the Allegrissimo package online

Hi eveyone, am enjoying reading about everyone's experiences. We are on the Splendida on 25th Feb from Barcelona and originally booked the Allegissimo with our cruise through the TA, then when paying the final bill had second thoughts. So our TA spoke to MSC who removed it.

We are not huge drinkers but I like wine and will indulge in a cocktail or two while the OH will have soft drinks and probably a whisky. It is difficult to gauge whether it is a real savings but we are on holiday so what the heck and don't need to think about the final tab.

So went online with my booking reference and booked the package, noo problem It apparently will come off our card at embarkation but not 100% sure about the surcharge of 15%.

Mayzee M, we will also be in Spain beforehand but will fly from Alicante to Barcelona with a very cheap and well known airline:)

Ann

It may be that they have different marketing stratagies in the US and Europe.

They cetainly have different marketing stratagies with regard to water with meals. In the US bottled water is free with Dinner, in Europe there is a charge. The same goes for after dinner coffee.

Pete

Really? Bottled water is free? Not tap water? I don't know any cruise line that gives bottled water for free! Or do you mean it is included in the allegrisimo package?

Really? Bottled water is free? Not tap water? I don't know any cruise line that gives bottled water for free! Or do you mean it is included in the allegrisimo package?

Yes the BOTTLED water is FREE if you book in the US, the post above this one agrees with my statement.

Pete

Yes the BOTTLED water is FREE if you book in the US, the post above this one agrees with my statemen

Pete

But not an unlimited supply they get one voucher for each evening. It's to get around tap water not being so easy to obtain on European cruises.

I for one can highly reccommend the drinks package.

On the Armonia last may, we managed to get the package for £1 each for the week! After totting up the bills, I found we spent just over 1000 euros. So it turned out to be the best pound we had ever spent.

This July sailing on the Divina we are lucky enough to be staying in a Yacht Club suite free of charge, after I won photo competition. We will still be purchasing the Allegrismo package to give us complete freedom of where we decide to drink at any time of the day. I believe it will still work out cheaper over the week.

We have two friends on the same cruise so will not spend the whole week hidden away within the confines of the YC anyway.

Anyone not sure about the package!? You've only got to buy a couple of beers, glass of wine, cocktail, coffee and / or an ice cream and thats about the cost of unlimited drinks / ice cream on the package. What is there to think about!?

Enjoy your cruises!! :)

I for one can highly reccommend the drinks package.

On the Armonia last may, we managed to get the package for £1 each for the week! After totting up the bills, I found we spent just over 1000 euros. So it turned out to be the best pound we had ever spent.

This July sailing on the Divina we are lucky enough to be staying in a Yacht Club suite free of charge, after I won photo competition. We will still be purchasing the Allegrismo package to give us complete freedom of where we decide to drink at any time of the day. I believe it will still work out cheaper over the week.

We have two friends on the same cruise so will not spend the whole week hidden away within the confines of the YC anyway.

Anyone not sure about the package!? You've only got to buy a couple of beers, glass of wine, cocktail, coffee and / or an ice cream and thats about the cost of unlimited drinks / ice cream on the package. What is there to think about!?

Enjoy your cruises!! :)

Just get your drinks in the yacht club and go with drink(s) in hand to meet your friends, I would suggest the solarium, upper level, as the main door is there, if not get your drimks at the one bar and let yourself out of the glass gate and down to the pool deck. After all you get free drinks , coffee, and mini bar, 24hrs a day, as part of the yacht club. Why waste £40 day (2 x £20, unless you are a single passenger then it's only £20). That buys a lot of ice cream.

You could always ask your butler to bring a drink to you whereever you are, he might even say yes and then there's no problem.

The YC lounge is brilliant anyway and with the port intensive itineraries you can meet your friends off the ship and in the theatre for the show, you don't want to be in their pocket, nor them in yours, 24 hrs a day.

Don't miss out on the YC experience you'll only regret it.

An alternative is to go halves on your friends package and then they get some drinks for you when you meet.

Pete (on Divina in YC last Oct.)

Just get your drinks in the yacht club and go with drink(s) in hand to meet your friends, I would suggest the solarium, upper level, as the main door is there, if not get your drimks at the one bar and let yourself out of the glass gate and down to the pool deck. After all you get free drinks , coffee, and mini bar, 24hrs a day, as part of the yacht club. Why waste £40 day (2 x £20, unless you are a single passenger then it's only £20). That buys a lot of ice cream.

You could always ask your butler to bring a drink to you whereever you are, he might even say yes and then there's no problem.

The YC lounge is brilliant anyway and with the port intensive itineraries you can meet your friends off the ship and in the theatre for the show, you don't want to be in their pocket, nor them in yours, 24 hrs a day.

Don't miss out on the YC experience you'll only regret it.

An alternative is to go halves on your friends package and then they get some drinks for you when you meet.

Pete (on Divina in YC last Oct.)

Hey Pete,

I see your point. Our friends have paid for drinks package already as part of their cruise package. I don't really want the hassle of running from here to there to get free drinks from the YC. As we got the trip free I don't really mind stumping up the price of a couple of drinks packages to give us peace of mind to be able to relax where ever we choose.

We will of course make full use of the YC facilities but the friends who are travelling with us are such great holiday companions I can't really see us spending too long apart :)

I think we will certainly make full use of all the ships facilities.......

Is the Allegromiso Drink Package available on MSC Divina...doing the caribbean sailing out of Miami Fl USA? If it is, i have been reading all of the posts, and will the price be the same? I dont drink alot...but do like to indulge in a cocktail, beer, or specialty coffee....can u send or post a list again what is included in the package? Is the ice cream included as well? and also the mini bar in the room...is that included.... also list for me things that are excluded...would appreciate it very much... as far as the 15% gratitudy... i booked through an internet agency... should i book this package through them...or online..... will i be charged the 15% gratitudy if i book through the agency :)

Is the Allegromiso Drink Package available on MSC Divina...doing the caribbean sailing out of Miami Fl USA? If it is, i have been reading all of the posts, and will the price be the same? I dont drink alot...but do like to indulge in a cocktail, beer, or specialty coffee....can u send or post a list again what is included in the package? Is the ice cream included as well? and also the mini bar in the room...is that included.... also list for me things that are excluded...would appreciate it very much... as far as the 15% gratitudy... i booked through an internet agency... should i book this package through them...or online..... will i be charged the 15% gratitudy if i book through the agency :)

Short answer is don't know as it's a bit too far in advance but based on this year's Varro bean sailings, only the premium Allegrissimo is available which pretty much includes everything butnis double the price of the other package. If you don't drink much it's unlikely that this would be cost effective for you.

If you havebyour booking number you could try the online booking to see what packages are coming up as available or ask your TA. There isn't an additional 15% service chargenif you prepay for the package but the rules may be different in the US

I just booked the Divina for 12/21/13 (Christmas) in the Caribbean and they only offer the premium package and it is $399/person for the week, in my opinion that is way too much. I was hoping for the non premium package and not as expensive. Do you think if I call them it will be any different?

I just booked the Divina for 12/21/13 (Christmas) in the Caribbean and they only offer the premium package and it is $399/person for the week, in my opinion that is way too much. I was hoping for the non premium package and not as expensive. Do you think if I call them it will be any different?

It's my understanding that on the Caribbean sailings they only offer the preminum package, not the allegrissimo. I agree the preminum costs too much.

But it can't hurt to call and find out. They can always change their policy.

It's my understanding that on the Caribbean sailings they only offer the preminum package, not the allegrissimo. I agree the preminum costs too much.

But it can't hurt to call and find out. They can always change their policy.

Only the premium was available for our upcoming Poesia cruise. I too find it too expensive for our needs. I have pre-purchaced beer coupons (28) and a 7 bottle wine package. I might get the odd frou-frou drink on top of this and it will still work out to be much cheaper.

Too bad though, if they had the regular package I would have been happy to get that.

Only the premium was available for our upcoming Poesia cruise. I too find it too expensive for our needs. I have pre-purchaced beer coupons (28) and a 7 bottle wine package. I might get the odd frou-frou drink on top of this and it will still work out to be much cheaper.

Too bad though, if they had the regular package I would have been happy to get that.

I am going on the msc divina 7 december 2013 sailing solo... i wanted to purchase the drink package...but as i have been reading... people are saying that it is much too expensive..... reading ur thread and seen u purchased beer coupons... can u tell me how i can go about purchasing them..and also how much are the coupons.....

I am going on the msc divina 7 december 2013 sailing solo... i wanted to purchase the drink package...but as i have been reading... people are saying that it is much too expensive..... reading ur thread and seen u purchased beer coupons... can u tell me how i can go about purchasing them..and also how much are the coupons.....

Because I booked directly with MSC I was able to call them myself and have them added. I believe if you use a TA you will need to have them add it. The cost for 14 beer coupons was $52.00 and includes gratuities. This works out to $3.71 per beer with tip included. Sometimes we still left an extra tip. It is a book of coupons and in our previous 2 experiences with them we were allowed to take any beer in a bottle or can. They were not available for on-board purchase.

There are also other packages you can buy onboard. The onboard beer one is only for draughts beer. You can also get mocktail ones, cocktails, soft drinks. The onboard ones have a service charge added. Typically you pay for 10 and get vouchers for 12. the beer package Monicajaynsays mentions sounds like a great deal

Archived