Buying Allegrisimo Drinks Package

TYRONEMAN

I am just back from the MSC Splendida New Year cruise around the med. - before we left we bought the Allegrissimo Premium package - it was well worth the money as it included everything. There were lots of people on board who had purchased the lower package - Allegrissimo - and on the face of it there doesn't look to be much difference - however there is a big difference on board.

There was alot of problems in the bar with people ordering drinks and then being charged for all of part of the drink. I assume this is why they have discontinued the Allegrissimo package.

During the 7 days on board - we totaled all our bills and they came to 1200.00 euros per cabin - this is more than double the cost of the Allegrissimo Premium package.

Drinks are quite expensive on board - and we are quite big drinkers - a drink before lunch - bottle of wine with lunch - a sailaway cocktail - a drink before dinner - a bottle of wine with dinner and a couple of drinks after - you add it up at 7.00 euros per cocktail and 24 euros for a bottle of wine - the total at the end of the week is a far sum.

This is not worth it if you only drink beer and wine. Ice creams are also included plus the mini bar and room service.

Your choice!

Cam anyone tell me, is Heineken the only draft beer available on the Allegrisimmo package?

Accordiing to my bar list Hienekin is NOT available on the Alligressimo package, it doesn't specify the brand just says draught beer large or small

See image

NOTE:- the RED asterisk means excluded from alligressimo and the two beer lists have RED asterisks

IMG_0009_zpsa022aa8a.jpg

THE COMPLETE DRINKS LIST LINK:---

https://skydrive.live.com/?cid=1cdc327c72a4c6d9#cid=1CDC327C72A4C6D9&id=1CDC327C72A4C6D9%211189

Pete

I am going on the msc divina 7 december 2013 sailing solo... i wanted to purchase the drink package...but as i have been reading... people are saying that it is much too expensive..... reading ur thread and seen u purchased beer coupons... can u tell me how i can go about purchasing them..and also how much are the coupons.....

ALL the info you need about vouchers and packages is on this thread

http://cruiseforums.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1769744http://cruiseforums.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1769744http://cruiseforums.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1769744http://cruiseforums.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1769744http://cruiseforums.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1769744

Pete

Accordiing to my bar list Hienekin is NOT available on the Alligressimo package, it doesn't specify the brand just says draught beer large or small

See image

NOTE:- the RED asterisk means excluded from alligressimo and the two beer lists have RED asterisks

IMG_0009_zpsa022aa8a.jpg

THE COMPLETE DRINKS LIST LINK:---

https://skydrive.live.com/?cid=1cdc327c72a4c6d9#cid=1CDC327C72A4C6D9&id=1CDC327C72A4C6D9%211189

Pete

Thanks for your response Pete, although I wonder if anyone knows what the draft beer is, OH quite fussy about what beer he drinks!!

Thanks for your response Pete, although I wonder if anyone knows what the draft beer is, OH quite fussy about what beer he drinks!!

On Poesia last September the draught beer was Heineken.

The Heineken NOT on the package is in bottles.

Cheers,

Hi there,

We sailed on Divina last October from venice - lovely ship - we enjoyed it so much we are going back on Feb 4th sailing to Canaries. The Allegrissimo drinks package is well worth it and we will be buying it again. If you log onto MSCs website and click on ONBOARD SERVICES you can view the drinks packages and follow the link to book. You just need your booking reference. You dont have to pay the 15% service charge if you pre-book. You dont need to pay in advance. There is a good range of drinks and its useful at breakfast - you can order the fresh orange juice as part of the deal instead of the standard orange juice which is a bit iffy. The package says wine by the glass but our waiter just stuck a bottle (or 2)on the table. Great range of cocktails. We added up what we would have spent on drinks without the package when we got home (you get a receipt for every drink but then its credited)and it was well worth it. Happy cruising.

Hi there,

We sailed on Divina last October from venice - lovely ship - we enjoyed it so much we are going back on Feb 4th sailing to Canaries. The Allegrissimo drinks package is well worth it and we will be buying it again. If you log onto MSCs website and click on ONBOARD SERVICES you can view the drinks packages and follow the link to book. You just need your booking reference. You dont have to pay the 15% service charge if you pre-book. You dont need to pay in advance. There is a good range of drinks and its useful at breakfast - you can order the fresh orange juice as part of the deal instead of the standard orange juice which is a bit iffy. The package says wine by the glass but our waiter just stuck a bottle (or 2)on the table. Great range of cocktails. We added up what we would have spent on drinks without the package when we got home (you get a receipt for every drink but then its credited)and it was well worth it. Happy cruising.

I sailed on Divina in October also and thought the Allegrissimo was fantastic value. Agree with you on how lovely the ship is. Hopefully will sail on her again with the All inc. package. Enjoy your next cruise which will be quite soon.

Short answer is don't know as it's a bit too far in advance but based on this year's Varro bean sailings, only the premium Allegrissimo is available which pretty much includes everything butnis double the price of the other package. If you don't drink much it's unlikely that this would be cost effective for you.

If you have your booking number you could try the online booking to see what packages are coming up as available or ask your TA. There isn't an additional 15% service chargenif you prepay for the package but the rules may be different in the US

I booked the 20 day transatlantic next month on Lirica and for me as a solo passenger the allegrissimo adult deal was 460 euros total, yes euros although it was the UK website.

Does that sound correct?

Is the 60 euros likely to be a service charge? Its 15% when added to the 400 euros.

I booked the 20 day transatlantic next month on Lirica and for me as a solo passenger the allegrissimo adult deal was 460 euros total, yes euros although it was the UK website.

Does that sound correct?

Is the 60 euros likely to be a service charge? Its 15% when added to the 400 euros.

Sounds about right, but not because of a service charge. 20 nights x £20 is £400 which is then converted to €s.

If your unsure email MSC but expect a couple if days wait for a reply.

Does that sound correct?

Last time I had mine I paid in £stg with my final invoice. However if your is being added to your onboard account, I can understand it being in euros. Either way there is no service charge. As papcx says it's just the conversion to euros at a pretty favourable rate.

On my recent repo, Allegrissimo was available at a special repo price of €20 per night. I assumed if buying on board 15% would be added to that. I had pre-booked and pre-paid £20/night. If there is no 15% to be added, that is quite a saving (€20 = £17.15 /night at current rates) to be had by not pre-booking.

Also Allegrissimo was promoted for sale right through the cruise, i.e. it would have been possible just to have it for the final few days or week etc. if it were not wanted throughout the cruise.

We also paid 20 Euros per night on our TA last November having booked it onboard and 15% was added to it.

As far as i understand if you pre book in advance you save the 15%, is that correct ?

Our problem is that msc so far are refusing to say whether the package will be available in November for the Divina TA ..... :mad:

We also paid 20 Euros per night on our TA last November having booked it onboard and 15% was added to it.

As far as i understand if you pre book in advance you save the 15%, is that correct ?

Our problem is that msc so far are refusing to say whether the package will be available in November for the Divina TA ..... :mad:

If you pre-book and pre-pay, yes there is no 15% service charge. If you are given the chance to pre-book but pay on board, I don't know.

Tim .... Received our invoice from MSC today via our travel agent for our 7 night June cruise and it shows 2 drink packages at £140 pp.

That counts as pre-book & pre-pay, hence £20 pppn and no service charge.

Some here have reported pre-booking but having the cost added in Euros to their onboard account. I am not sure if these pay 15% on top.

Some here have reported pre-booking but having the cost added in Euros to their onboard account. I am not sure if these pay 15% on top.

If you book on board then service charge is added. If you pre-book and pay on board - service charge isn't added.

I am sailing MSC Divinia 15 March 2014..... i want to purchase the drink package as well.... i know my cruise is far in advance...but the alessgrismo package in american dollars is 57 dollars a day.... now what u are saying is if i called my ta up and booked from them i would not be charged a 15% gratituty charge....i was under the impression once u booked the package that the gratituty charge was already included in the price of the package....

I will be staying in a balcony cabin 12008 on divina...can u tell me about the ship...i am going on a caribbean sailing out of miami, florida....:):p:o

Hi Sidari (and Kerry).

Do'nt know if you remember us, its Peter and Marian from the Poesia TA.

Great minds think alike and it looks like you enjoyed it just as much as us, as we've also booked the Divina TA and just seen that you'll be there. We're going with my brother and his wife and are really looking forward to it and it'll be nice to catch up.

We're also interested in the Allegrisimo package and can't seem to book it through MSC or our agent.

Lets hope they have the same offer as last time where they had a 3 euro discount to 20 euro's.

Hi Pete and Marian ..... Great to hear form you again neighbours ... :)

A few days ago i was wondering if you two may be on the Divina trip so it is great to read that you will be there again.

According to our travel agent they were told by MSC that at the minute they cannot say if the drink packages will be available for the winter cruises ? ..... :rolleyes: funny thing is they said that last year as well.

My mail address is below if you want to get in touch, will tell Kerry you guys are on the trip.

Hi Dave (SIDARI),

I remember you taking the Allegrisimo package last year and you said during the cruise that it was a wise decision.

When we booked a few weeks ago, we asked our TA if we could book the package and they said it would be available online........although no mention of cost.

It showed on the UK website at £20 each, but on board you will need to book in euro's which may be a bit costlier for us if the £ keeps sliding against the euro.

Either way, we'll probably book it because the MSC drinks prices in Euro's are certainly not cheap.

Say Hi to Kerry and we'll keep in touch.

Hi Pete ....

As long as they have Cueva Dolce onboard for Kerry it is worth it lol, mind you some of the other stuff you can get also makes it worthwhile as well.

We have paid £20pppn for our June cruise on Opera maybe that is what the travel agent was thinking ?

I am sailing MSC Divinia 15 March 2014..... i want to purchase the drink package as well.... i know my cruise is far in advance...but the alessgrismo package in american dollars is 57 dollars a day.... now what u are saying is if i called my ta up and booked from them i would not be charged a 15% gratituty charge....i was under the impression once u booked the package that the gratituty charge was already included in the price of the package....

I will be staying in a balcony cabin 12008 on divina...can u tell me about the ship...i am going on a caribbean sailing out of miami, florida....:):p:o

$57 sounds very much like the Allegrissimo Premium rather than Allegrissimo. The Premium is almost double the price but includes items in the minibar, premium brands of spirits and a greater choice of wines by the glass.

From the response above, however you pay, if you pre-book, i.e. book before boarding, the 15% is already included.

I can't tell you about the Divina I am afraid. Use the search box and see what comes up. There is a lot of knowledge here.

On my recent repo, Allegrissimo was available at a special repo price of €20 per night. I assumed if buying on board 15% would be added to that. I had pre-booked and pre-paid £20/night. If there is no 15% to be added, that is quite a saving (€20 = £17.15 /night at current rates) to be had by not pre-booking.

Also Allegrissimo was promoted for sale right through the cruise, i.e. it would have been possible just to have it for the final few days or week etc. if it were not wanted throughout the cruise.

Hi Skipper: MSC just told me it is not possible to buy drink package on board - daughter on Divina Feb 20 from Rome ????????????? do you think this is incorrect info

Archived