Buying Allegrisimo Drinks Package

TYRONEMAN

Hi Skipper: MSC just told me it is not possible to buy drink package on board - daughter on Divina Feb 20 from Rome ????????????? do you think this is incorrect info

In a word, no. It is only possible for the sale to go through your national MSC office by pre-booking. After that, it is an on-board sale and they don't get the benefit.

As far as I know, on my repo cruise November/December, there was nothing that could have been pre-booked that was not available onboard. Allegrisimo was marginally cheaper onboard, at €20 pn +15%, than the £20 pn we had paid in advance.

Hi Skipper: MSC just told me it is not possible to buy drink package on board - daughter on Divina Feb 20 from Rome ????????????? do you think this is incorrect info

That might be true. All packages aren't sold on all ships or itineraries.

We are booked on MSC Davina in June this year - and cannot get an answer from our local MSC office if Allegrissimo is available or not - if we cannot purchase in advance then I hope we can buy on board.

Have you tried booking via the MSC website? Choose 'On Board services' tab from the home page, then 'Book your services on board'. It asks for your booking ref. etc. then gives you the range of things pre-bookable for your cruise. In my case this is zilch as it is a repo cruise but for a regular itinerary the available options should be there.

Have you tried booking via the MSC website? Choose 'On Board services' tab from the home page, then 'Book your services on board'. It asks for your booking ref. etc. then gives you the range of things pre-bookable for your cruise. In my case this is zilch as it is a repo cruise but for a regular itinerary the available options should be there.

Skipper Tim,

Thanks for the advice. Tried it, the site recognises the booking, but when I click on the Allegrissimo button it says "access denied" and the beverages package button has a "sorry under construction" message.

The local office have been extremely poor - with continual answers to questions along the lines of "I must refer this to head office", followed by "I havn't had an answer from head office"

When i log into the msc UK site for our TA in November it shows the booking etc but nothing for drink packages nor excursions, maybe it is a bit too early for them to be online ? tought for the last one we had to buy it onboard ship.

I booked the Allegrissimo package on the UK website without problem, but now seeing as the Euro has strengthened considerably and I was already in 2 minds as to whether the package was worth it for me I am going to cancel it.

It actually cost more than the 20 day cruise! But that's because the cruise was cheap.

We stop at enough islands and other ports that if I get the DT's I can top up my blood alcohol level on shore.

Actually my main problem is that as a diabetic I am somewhat limited to what I can drink, red wine is about it for me sadly, I'd be OK with rum but the mixers are out, regular ones have heaps of sugar and diet ones taste disgusting with rum. And as for the cocktails anything like a Pinacolada is just not drinkable because of the sugar content once again.

When i log into the msc UK site for our TA in November it shows the booking etc but nothing for drink packages nor excursions, maybe it is a bit too early for them to be online ? tought for the last one we had to buy it onboard ship.

Repos are different - they don't seem to bother loading the prebookable extras online. This was the reply I received for my last MSC repo cruise.

Please note that for the positioning cruises, drink packages can be booked just over the phone with us.

You can find us on 0844 561 1955.

(That's a UK number).

This is the selection available to prebook i the UK for our repo from Brazil to Venice - note no all-in options.

Wine Package "4 Classicos" - 4 bottles of RED wine + 7 bottles of mineral water. Vouchers can be used only in main restaurants - £50.00

Wine Package "7 Superiores" - 7 bottles of wine selected by our sommelier (2 white + 5 red) + 7 bottles of mineral water. Vouchers can be used only in main restaurants - £83.00

Package "21 Agua" - 21 bottles of mineral water 50cl. Vouchers can be consumed at any bar, restaurant and buffet - £27.50

Package "21 Refrigerantes" - 21 soft drinks in cans and/or fruit juices. Vouchers can be consumed at any bar, restaurant and buffet - £33.50

Package "21 Cervejas" - 21 local beers in bottle or can 33cl. Vouchers can be consumed at any bar, restaurant and buffet - £36.00

There may be further packages available onboard your cruise to book.

The above would need to be pre-booked outside of 21 days prior to departure.

Dave, When I used to book through a TA, they used to always insist that I booked extras like drinks or spa packages via the TA and some TAs just didn't want to do the legwork.

Griller, if you're limited to what you can drink and to mainly red, you'd just be better buying bottles onboard. If you don't finish a bottle at dinner, they record it and bring it back the next day. The carafes are reasonable and the house wine OK, you're not drinking big quantities, it is probably betterbtompay a bit more and get a wine you really enjoy. There's plenty to choose from, from around €18 up to €75 with a lot in the €22-28 range.

Hi Pete and Marian ..... Great to hear form you again neighbours ... :)

A few days ago i was wondering if you two may be on the Divina trip so it is great to read that you will be there again.

According to our travel agent they were told by MSC that at the minute they cannot say if the drink packages will be available for the winter cruises ? ..... :rolleyes: funny thing is they said that last year as well.

My mail address is below if you want to get in touch, will tell Kerry you guys are on the trip.

I couldn't book at their site so I called. Was told info not available til April or May.

Barbara

• 2 weeks later...

We're booked on the Divina TA in November and have also been told by our travel agent and MSC that we can't book the Allegrissimo in advance.

However, I have managed to book it online as detailed below:

- Go to tours on the MSC website

- find your excursion

- reserve your excursion now

- enter your booking details

- add allegrissimo

- choose your package

It will then be added to your basket and you can checkout.

All booked and confirmed at 23 euros per day. :)

Thanks Cruise Ranger....However, I tried this today for our Divina 12/10/13 cruise from Miami and cannot do so.

Barbara

We're booked on the Divina TA in November and have also been told by our travel agent and MSC that we can't book the Allegrissimo in advance.

However, I have managed to book it online as detailed below:

- Go to tours on the MSC website

- find your excursion

- reserve your excursion now

- enter your booking details

- add allegrissimo

- choose your package

It will then be added to your basket and you can checkout.

All booked and confirmed at 23 euros per day. :)

Hi Pete .... We had already booked the package for our June Opera cruise to Norway for £20pppd, checked our booking for November and the system has allowed me to book the package for the Divina TA in November at the 23 euro pppd price .... :) there has been a lot of talk surrounding the packages in recent months and i take it that having booked in advance there will be no Service Charge added to it ?

Hi Barbara,

I'd keep trying and hopefully you'll get there in the end.

This is just another example of different rules for different nationalities / currencies that MSC seem to adopt. They could do with taking a step back and look at introducing a new set of terms and conditions to suit all ships / sailings / nationalities, with the only difference being the euro or dollar. Surely it can't be that hard, as most other cruise lines manage it.

Glad you've managed to book it Dave, we were so envious last year when we kept meeting up with you and you always had a drink or an ice cream in your hands. We would have booked it as well if we had'nt already pre booked some drinks vouchers.

I'm pretty sure that the price you pay pre cruise is all you pay and the 15% charge is'nt added to it.

Archived