Carnival Freedom

sassy~one

It a very nice ship. Wife and I did the 8 day eastern last December. Weather the first week of Dec was 75-80 all week. Ship is clean,food good,commedians were so-so. I rate it near the top and i have been on 8 Carnival cruises and 1 RCI.

I went on the Freedom a year ago and liked it. I also booked her again for this December. it's a bigger ship, about 110,000 tons, so it is nice to have that extra weight/size, but it's also not a mega ship. Like another posted said, she's just right :)

We are traveling on her in July. Can't wait. Just wondering, does anyone know if the balcony partitions are able to be opened between rooms? If so, how many can we have opened? We have 3 balcony rooms and wanted to be able to hang out there together.

We sailed the Freedom 2/25-3/4 and it was excellent! I wrote a reveiw recently, but it has not been added to the site yet. I had read a lot of negative reviews before we sailed (but after we booked). However, none of the negatives affected us having a great time:)

Just off the Freedom last week on a back-to-back! It's a great ship! Loved every minute of it!

Im going in 3 days you dont have a Review anywhere do you?????

Sassy~one.. I all ways try to write one, SO after my Mothers Day Carnival Freedom Cruise look me up :-) I have heard nothing but great things about this ship..

We sailed the Freedom 2/25-3/4 and it was excellent! I wrote a reveiw recently, but it has not been added to the site yet. I had read a lot of negative reviews before we sailed (but after we booked). However, none of the negatives affected us having a great time:)

Where else can I see ur review? I really want to read it..

I notice she docks back in Fort Lauderdale at 8am, on Sundays, with 5 or 6 other ships in port, including (I think) Oasis? Can anybody comment on how it was getting off Freedom and out to the FLL airport on a Sunday? Was it hard to get a taxi? Were lines at the airport insane?

Seems like the other ships dock earlier in the morning...

I notice she docks back in Fort Lauderdale at 8am, on Sundays, with 5 or 6 other ships in port, including (I think) Oasis? Can anybody comment on how it was getting off Freedom and out to the FLL airport on a Sunday? Was it hard to get a taxi? Were lines at the airport insane?

We had no problem at all though we did Luggage Express. We were off the boat by 9:00 a.m. and sitting comfortable at our gate at about 9:30 for our 11:15 a.m. flight home. No problems on the ship or in the airport. We just walked out of the terminal and took a taxi to the airport. Smooth...

We debarked on 4/29 and did NOT use self-assist. We were assigned group 7 for debarkation and were called at about 9:30AM. We were off and in the terminal with a porter in hand, with our luggage waiting for Customs check by 9:45 and at the airport by 10:15. Even though Carnival is using terminal 29 (which is new for them), the debark was smooth (can't say the same for embarkation) and there was a line of taxi's outside waiting for passengers. The FLL airport was not bad in terms of lines or anything - at least, nothing out of the ordinary and things moved pretty smoothly.

Also, you mention 5 or 6 other ships in port in FLL, that will not be the case for the remainder of the summer as HAL, Celebrity and Princess pull their ships for Alaska, Europe and other itineraries. Only RCI's Allure, Oasis and the Freedom will be in FLL until sometime this Fall and only one of them (either Allure or Oasis) will be in port the same time as the Freedom - not both.

Archived