My ship may sail without me tomorrow

vacruizer

Too bad this thread is now turning political. :mad: I personally know folks who have greatly benefited from the new healthcare regs. It ain't all doom & gloom out there folks. Wisen up.;)

Too bad this thread is now turning political. :mad: I personally know folks who have greatly benefited from the new healthcare regs. It ain't all doom & gloom out there folks. Wisen up.;)

then you certainly haven't experienced it yourself!

Paul

Thank you for the info. Amazing how few people read 3000 pages to put us on this path.

Have to hope we the people rise up and remind the people in congress exactly whom they work for this November.

golfadj,

It would be nice to see a large turnout regardless of the outcome.

klmorg,

Personal not political. If you have a personal example to share, please do. If you simply know of someone who benefited, let them share thus avoiding any politics.

To me politics is saying 'It aint all doom & gloom out there folks. Wisen up.' There's an implication, but no substance. There's an inference that to feel otherwise is ignorant or not right hence the 'wisen up.' That might not be politics to everyone, but if not politics then what is it? Stir an emotion with a bold statement and no facts? Sure smells like politics to me.

I don't happen to care much for politicians so please don't imply that I turned a thread to politics. I answered a question posed directly to me. You opted to label it as politics and you can save it for another thread or another board for that matter.

Well said :D

Paul Im wishing you some good karma;)

OP GET WELL SOONNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN

Wish things with the health care would be different~~ wish the ones who took care of me would be better off

Paul

Thank you for the info. Amazing how few people read 3000 pages to put us on this path.

Have to hope we the people rise up and remind the people in congress exactly whom they work for this November.

I'm a die-hard democrat, a bleeding heart liberal, and I voted for Obama.

That said, my job is staffing a big, huge hospital on a day-to-day basis. I wholeheartedly believe that our healthcare system is in terrible need of reform. A lot of the changes I've seen actually started under a republican president, but certainly they have not gotten better since 2009. I'm the big, bad wolf that has to call the units and adjust their staffing for the day (cancel the OT, per diem, etc). No one loves me :(

......... No one loves me :(

BirthdayGirl,

I'm not any of the things you mentioned, but I can speak for those of us that you call; it's not you, but what you are required to do. It's also OK for you to enjoy your job as long as that's not the part you really like. ;)

Does your facility also use the term 'par?' I like golf and don't mind that they use golfing terms, but if they do then why not understand that when you've had countless bogies as well as double and triple bogies that it's expected you'll have some birdies and even an eagle or two? If our goal is par then we should take the overstaffed with the understaffed and why is it that we never get to call administration off? :eek: Yo VP and Pres, stay home; you aren't needed today! :cool:

I'm a die-hard democrat, a bleeding heart liberal, and I voted for Obama.

That said, my job is staffing a big, huge hospital on a day-to-day basis. I wholeheartedly believe that our healthcare system is in terrible need of reform. A lot of the changes I've seen actually started under a republican president, but certainly they have not gotten better since 2009. I'm the big, bad wolf that has to call the units and adjust their staffing for the day (cancel the OT, per diem, etc). No one loves me :(

It's funny how the gov. can bail out the auto industry and mortgage lenders but can't get the one thing straight that everyone dearly needs and thats health care. Absolutely rediculous---doesn't matter dem or rep---come together and get it straightened out.

to the op... hope you are feeling great soon and planning your next cruise. I had my gallbladder out several years ago. I understand the sickness.

I dont like the new healthcare bill. And for those that dont know... there is a stipulation in that bill, that has ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to do with health care. If you sell your house, you will pay a 3 percent fee . What has this to do with healthcare?? I hate it when they take these bills, and squeeze in all these little things... who knows what else is in there that we didnt know?

No matter whether it's homeowners, car, or medical--we only like our insurance when it pays what we wanted it to. Unfortunately, we often find out too late that the one time we need it, we aren't covered liked we hoped. There is always that fine print.

My kids couldn't believe it when I told them that when we were raising our family that we paid for our doctor bills out of pocket and that insurance was just for our hospital stays. It kept medical costs and insurance costs low. I remember when our doctor and dentist had only one assistant/nurse. Now they have a room filled with people just to process paper. Now we have tons of forms to fill out for nearly everything. Makes me laugh.

Imagine telling people today to pay for their own doctor visits. Just think how many cruises we could take with all the money we'd save on our insurance costs--especially those of us who only go to a doctor for a checkup. How many checkups do you go for each year: mammogram, skin doctor, gp, obgyn, dental. Seems like all I do is make appointments and we aren't even ill.

Hope you get your refund. I keep wondering why we don't earn cruise points for our national debt. Wasn't long ago that we wouldn't do business with China because of human rights violations--guess the option of bankruptcy means we will take money from any lender. Wonder if they will come back with 24% rates some day like the credit card companies. Asking for some cruising perks only seems fair.

It's funny how the gov. can bail out the auto industry and mortgage lenders but can't get the one thing straight that everyone dearly needs and thats health care. Absolutely rediculous---doesn't matter dem or rep---come together and get it straightened out.

That is because our representatives both D and R do not work for us anymore.

They work for the lobbyists who wrote the obama care law that almost nobody in govt bothered to read but voted for anyway.

I really appreciate everyone's insight, and I can't say it enough, support and advice. I can respect all differing opinions on various issues, but don't want this to turn into any type of political argument that will get the thread pulled or locked. Not that anyone has done that yet, I just know those things can sometimes degenerate quickly. :)

You guys have provided wonderful help. I'll keep everyone posted how things go.

In the good news, my family dr. said to just bring him the travel insurance forms and he'll take care of them.:) I'm probably going to need it to go towards the ER bills. :eek:

In the good news, my family dr. said to just bring him the travel insurance forms and he'll take care of them.:) I'm probably going to need it to go towards the ER bills. :eek:

vacruizer,

Awesome! But remember there's a cruise critic rule that says all travel insurance funds MUST be used for cruises!

It was only a matter of time. It is a shame And no, it is nothing like Canada's.

Thank you for posting back on your progress.

What a relief to know that you DR is on the ball with your travel insurance forms.

Will you get all the money you paid for the cruise back, or will Carnival hold some?

Melanie

Sargent_Schultz,

What would her ER visit have been expected to be like in Canada?

I am interested in a response from Sargent also......hmmm

VaCruiser...experienced what you are going thru a couple of years ago...after suffering for nearly 20 years of having attacks and n one ever finding any problems....2 years ago after 2 Er visits in a 12 hour period, I called my GYN ( iuse him for everything...LOL) and he had me come in the next morning and ran an ultrasound right in the office and lo and behold I had, small stones all the way to the top of the gallbladder, actually my Dr. said it looked like "caliche gravel", because the stones were so small and fine and he told me it has probably been my galbladder all these years, because it had to have taken years for that much "gravel" to have built up to finalize the deal....got it out laproscopically 1 week later after seeing a surgeon and he was worried about doing it that way because of the tiny stones..well 2 days after surgery I started feeling like I did before my gallbladder was removed and within 1 hour of the onset I was doubled over in a pain that was 10 times the pain of childbirth and on my way to the ER with the surgeon waiting for me....2 rounds of morphine and tests run all night long...it was confirmed some of the "gravel" probably broke loose and wound up in my pancreatic duct? or something like that and I had pancreatitis and stayed in the hospital for 7 days with no water or food until my enzymes levels? returned to normal.....

I didn't tell you to scare you, but just know try to find someone to get that nasty thing out....my thoughts and prayers will be with you!!!!

Sargent_Schultz,

What would her ER visit have been expected to be like in Canada?

I am interested in a response from Sargent also......hmmm

I'm not interested in playing your political games and disgusted that it has even been mentioned here. It is irrelevant to the thread.

What did I add other than my opinion?

Feel free to add your opinion but don't criticize others who think your opinion stinks.

Its disingenuous to add your opinion to a hot topic issue then blast them for daring to bring politics into it.

Anyway lets not get into this as i don't want to see the OP's thread closed/deleted for talking politics.

Feel free to add your opinion but don't criticize others who think your opinion stinks.

Its disingenuous to add your opinion to a hot topic issue then blast them for daring to bring politics into it.

Anyway lets not get into this as i don't want to see the OP's thread closed/deleted for talking politics.

That WAS my opinion. Keep the politics out of it.

I'm not interested in playing your political games and disgusted that it has even been mentioned here. It is irrelevant to the thread.

Sargent,

Did you mean to address your comments to me? You stated 'it was nothing like Canadas' and I assumed you were referring to a Canadian ER visit? If you were not referring to what a Canadian ER visit would be like then please explain what you were stating. The OP is in Virginia, I am in West Virginia, others have posted about what it's like in Ohio and other states so why wouldn't we want to know what it would be like in Canada?

As for a 'political game' being played, I can assure you I'm not playing any kind of game nor do I consider politics to be a game.

In terms of relevance to the thread topic, it's safe to say you have posted several times and have yet to be anywhere near the topic we are discussing.

I am well aware of Canadian Healthcare's reputation and have spoke with several Canadian Healthcare Providers about their experiences, but if you have info to add please do. If your opinion is all you have to offer then I think it's safe to say you've done so and that others disagree. It doesn't mean you are wrong or they are right; just that you don't agree. Why must you get so hostile about it? 'Disgusted.' That's a pretty strong emotion to be spouting off about.

I also don't see a 'host' before your name so why do you feel a need to police the boards for posts that you deem irrelevant?

Archived