My ship may sail without me tomorrow

vacruizer

Checked in here at the hospital and just waiting right now. I was an extra on their schedule so no telling when they'll take me back.

Good luck on your surgery....hope you feel better .............keep us posted

Heck while you are in "the shop" and they are "working under the hood", maybe see if they have a 2 for 1 special?? Maybe give the girls a lift, or get that spare tire out? :D

Just messin with ya, but hoping everything goes well for you and you are up and posting and cruisin' real soon.

Oh, uggg.... did you have any stones or just sludge? What's puzzling the drs. is that it's just sludge. All my bloodwork is great for everything under the sun. One doc says sludge can cause this sick feeling (my pain is still minimal but very uncomfortable, overall sick feeling, and gastro symptoms mainly) then other docs say sludge doesn't mean anything and it's my stomach.

All I know is I want an answer and it to go away. A month ago I was leading a normal and active life and this hit me like a ton of bricks two weeks ago and hasn't stopped since.

Good luck with the surgery. I had just sludge and that was the issue with getting it out. But I also had a narrow common bile duct that clogged up when stressed, etc. due to sludge. Also had (spelling??)

Indrotremetriosis on the gallbladder - found that out in surgery. So very much better now! I cannot tell you how glad I am to have it out!! 2 years now and I can't even see the tiny scars. All the best to you!! It is a rotten club to belong to.

Heck while you are in "the shop" and they are "working under the hood", maybe see if they have a 2 for 1 special?? Maybe give the girls a lift, or get that spare out?.

When I had my gall bladder out I had scaring on my belly button from a previous surgery. They said they were going to go around it to remove my gallbladder. I gave them my sad face and asked if they could just give me a two-fer and give me a new belly button. When I woke up from surgery the first thing they said was "congrats! You have a new belly button!" :D

Surgery is done and I'm home. Pretty sore and some pain but probably nothing you wouldn't expect after having someone rooting around in your abdomen for an hour so. :p

I didn't get to see the surgeon afterwards to ask questions but am pretty sure I heard him say stones while in the recovery room and he told my husband it was inflammed so a good thing getting it out.

Will see as I eat more tomorrow if it fixed everything. :D

So glad to hear the surgery is over and you are on your way to RECOVERY! (and yummy food!) When I had my gall bladder out many many years ago the laparscopy type of surgery did not exist! So we are talking major surgery - with 5 days in hospital and 6 weeks at home (and lovely scar to show for it) - nowadays it is much simpler and obviously a quicker recovery!

Relax and enjoy the weekend (and dream about your next cruise! :D)

Told me i could go back to work mon.:eek:

Guess they want to make sure you can pay the bill. :mad: I would rest up over the weekend and go back to work when you feel up to it. Dont risk your recovery to make sure you are back to work on Monday.

When you are all better i would go for Indian. Nice spicy lamb curry with garlic naan. Yummmm. (Making myself hungry)

I started reading this thread late last night and just couldn't stop....I was feeling your pain and sadness about not being to go on your cruise. I'm so glad that your surgery went well and that you are back home and hopefully eating some good food soon.:)

Feeling better today? Keep us updated.

I am amazed at how much better I feel. Don't get me wrong - I'm sore and tender moving slowly from the surgery. The pain meds are taking care of that. But it's like a fog lifted overnight - appetite is back, dizziness gone, tummy not upset, can concentrate again, energy is back. I knew something was majorly wrong but didn't realize just HOW bad I felt.

I am amazed at how much better I feel. Don't get me wrong - I'm sore and tender moving slowly from the surgery. The pain meds are taking care of that. But it's like a fog lifted overnight - appetite is back, dizziness gone, tummy not upset, can concentrate again, energy is back. I knew something was majorly wrong but didn't realize just HOW bad I felt.

So glad all is well for you and can look forward to your next cruise - you never know how bad you feel until you no longer feel that way. Awesome

VACruizer, so glad to hear you're feeling so much better. I felt so badly for you when you had to cancel but it sounds like things worked out for the best (for your health anyway!). I know had I been in your shoes I would have been heartbroken! But you've taken it like a real trooper, and sounds like when you're recovered and ready to cruise again, you'll be ready to take it head on! Are you going to return to work Monday?? :eek:

So glad you are feeling better.....hope you are 110% SOON!!

VACruizer, so glad to hear you're feeling so much better. I felt so badly for you when you had to cancel but it sounds like things worked out for the best (for your health anyway!). I know had I been in your shoes I would have been heartbroken! But you've taken it like a real trooper, and sounds like when you're recovered and ready to cruise again, you'll be ready to take it head on! Are you going to return to work Monday?? :eek:

Don't think I have a choice since my leave time is tied to what the dr. certifies to them as my return date. :eek: Can't quite fathom it at this point - still pretty sore and moving VERY slowly. But two more days may bring a huge improvement. I'm kind of dreading work at this point.

Been a little down in the dumps tonight. No cruise, time off was definitely not a vacation, will probably be fall at least before we can actually take time off again, and I'm going back to work a day earlier than I'd even originally planned for vacation. Have already had the office bugging me to do something today work-related and then had a co-worker get nasty with me on the phone about it first thing this morning. :( All I could think was "could you let me get 24 hours out of surgery before you make me deal with this stuff?"

I know it will all get better, though, just need to get my head wrapped around heading back to the stressful work madness now.

Archived