My ship may sail without me tomorrow

vacruizer

OTOH, there seems to be some policing on your part, as well. Are you a host? :p

Sargent_Schultz,

I can moderate and I can administrate, but I'm quite sure I can't host. Case in point; this thread avoided falling into political quagmire without any hosting and we all managed to moderate our discussions and keep it civil. If we'd have hosted ourselves, wouldn't we be mailing cookies and party favors back and forth or something? :D

That is FANTASTIC news. All the pain will finally be over for you.

Forgot to mention, have someone jot down notes on what happened, when, etc. They might come in handy when filling out the forms.

Now I expect 'Jamie Lee Curtis' to come in a admonish you for not taking 'Activia'...lol.

Melanie

That is FANTASTIC news. All the pain will finally be over for you.

Forgot to mention, have someone jot down notes on what happened, when, etc. They might come in handy when filling out the forms.

Now I expect 'Jamie Lee Curtis' to come in a admonish you for not taking 'Activia'...lol.

Melanie

LOL - icckkk, I hate yogurt. :p I was taking acidolphilus as soon as my tummy got messed up thinking that would help, though.

A lot of stuff is making sense now - I think I've actually had gallbladder attacks over the years that I chalked up to really painful digestive issues. Hoping this will be all over by this time tomorrow and all I'll have to worry about is healing a couple small incisions and planning another cruise! We may not get to do a replacement cruise since DH has used up all his vacation time this week over this, but will see what happens (he doesn't have a separate pool of sick time like I do unless it's an extended illness.) We usually do a trip to the Smoky Mountains in the fall (he loves cruises but isn't quite the junkie I am) so not sure if we'll stay with that plan or maybe try another cruise. If nothing else, I'm booked on the Liberty next January. :)

Too bad your husband couldn't change his vacation time to FMLA...but then, he probably wouldn't get paid for the time he was off.

It is good that he is with you to help.

Looking forward to your post tomorrow!

Melanie

Too bad your husband couldn't change his vacation time to FMLA...but then, he probably wouldn't get paid for the time he was off.

It is good that he is with you to help.

Looking forward to your post tomorrow!

Melanie

Will do - it may be late (or the next morning depending on how I feel.) I don't have a specific surgery time. They are working me in since they deemed it fairly urgent but didn't have an open space.

Sargent_Schultz,

I can moderate and I can administrate, but I'm quite sure I can't host. Case in point; this thread avoided falling into political quagmire without any hosting and we all managed to moderate our discussions and keep it civil. If we'd have hosted ourselves, wouldn't we be mailing cookies and party favors back and forth or something? :D

Cookies work for me.

Been reading the posts - wanted to wish you all the luck with surgery tomorrow and a happy birthday. Sorry for everything you had to go thru. Gallbladders are no fun and haven't missed mine in 22 years. Had mine cut out when my oldest was 8 weeks old, started having attacks when I was 7 months preg and had to wait for baby to be born before I had it removed. I only made 6 trips to ER for the pain. NO FUN! Got a jar full of little green stones that looks like sweet peas. I did feel so much better afterwards but had to move in with mom because I couldn't lift over 5 lbs and baby was 7 13 1/2 when she was born. DH had to work so we had no choice but to move in for 6 weeks. Keep us posted as soon as you feel up to it. GOOD LUCK!!!

Cookies work for me.

Sargent_Schultz,

Sorry man, all I've got to send is protein bars. They are really good protein bars though. Cookies don't even last a full evening in this house.....:(

ugggh.... no cookies. Jello and saltines are bad enough. :o

vacruizer,

Anything that requires an enzyme to break down is gonna spasm your bile duct. Hopefully your diet choices will be like mine afterwards; so far I've found nothing I can't eat and nothing that even slightly bothers me. Many post chole patients have issues with spicy foods mainly, but many also have chocolate issues. I could pass on spicy, but passing on chocolate would do me in for sure.

You might look into the FMLA thing for your husband. At my company it is paid like sick time. Maybe he could get his week of vacation back?

Oh, how I wish we could. It all comes out of the same pool of "personal" days unless he's out over a week when it switches over to medical leave.

Mine is similar where the extended leave doesn't kick in until you've been out a week, but at least my vacation time is separate from sick days.

Sargent_Schultz,

Sorry man, all I've got to send is protein bars. They are really good protein bars though. Cookies don't even last a full evening in this house.....:(

vacruizer,

Anything that requires an enzyme to break down is gonna spasm your bile duct. Hopefully your diet choices will be like mine afterwards; so far I've found nothing I can't eat and nothing that even slightly bothers me. Many post chole patients have issues with spicy foods mainly, but many also have chocolate issues. I could pass on spicy, but passing on chocolate would do me in for sure.

Nooooooo, say it ain't so on the chocolate!!! :eek: Spicy has bothered me for a few years now so no big deal on that one. Probably another sign that the Gb was messed up and I just didn't recognize it along with what I called "gas in my chest" pains but were the most horrific pains ever. I thought I was having a heart attack the first time it happened years ago. I always jsut chalked it up to indigestion. Haven't had those with this recent mess that led to the diagnosis, but suffered them for years on and off. Looking back I am thinking they were probably attacks and I've had it happen several times in the last 6 months or so.

My thoughts will be with you tomorrow, and look forward to hearing of a speedy recovery for you.

After booking our April Splendor cruise last August, I was diagnosed with breast cancer, and wasn't sure I would make it. Two lumpectomies and a double mastectomy later, I set sail in April, and the cruise was all the sweeter after having gone through such a major medical problem -- and survived it! I have one more surgery this June (gotta replace my expand-a-boobs with a more permanent solution, LOL) before we sail again in July, and knowing I have the July cruise booked will help me through it.

I guess my point is, that after surviving such a traumatic medical problem, we sometimes appreciate our cruising even more. I hope that you can find a similar positive aspect of what you are going through. From all you've written so far, I expect that you will :)

I usually get the feeling that overwhelms me on a cruise on how fortunate I am to be there.

After what both of you went through, I will feel doubly fortunate.

Good for you for not rolling over and giving up!

Melanie

LOL - icckkk, I hate yogurt. :p I was taking acidolphilus as soon as my tummy got messed up thinking that would help, though.

A lot of stuff is making sense now - I think I've actually had gallbladder attacks over the years that I chalked up to really painful digestive issues. Hoping this will be all over by this time tomorrow and all I'll have to worry about is healing a couple small incisions and planning another cruise! We may not get to do a replacement cruise since DH has used up all his vacation time this week over this, but will see what happens (he doesn't have a separate pool of sick time like I do unless it's an extended illness.) We usually do a trip to the Smoky Mountains in the fall (he loves cruises but isn't quite the junkie I am) so not sure if we'll stay with that plan or maybe try another cruise. If nothing else, I'm booked on the Liberty next January. :)

Hey, enjoy your cruise next January!

Hoping for a speedy recovery - you should feel much better once it's gone.

Archived