Princess in 2006

BettyB2

After days and numerous hours of researching Princess cruiselines and the Princess forum, I have narrowed my first Princess cruise to three ships and look forward to any personal views, favorite room/balcony choices, THE FOOD and things to do on board etc. This will be my ONLY cruise in 2006 and I want it to be good (who am I kidding, I may fit in a 3-nighter sometime in March);)

Here are my three picks after going thru my pages of notes:

Coral out of FLL for a 10 night Panama Canal & Central America visiting Cozumel, Mexico; George Town, Grand Cayman; Puerto Limon, Costa Rica; Colon, Panama; Panama Canal (Cruise Into Canal); Montego Bay, Jamaica

Grand out of Galveston for a 7 nights Western visiting Belize City, Belize; Costa Maya, Mexico; George Town, Grand Cayman; Cozumel, Mexico

Golden out of San Juan for a 7 night Southern visiting Charlotte Amalie, St. Thomas; Basseterre, St. Kitts; St. George's, Grenada; La Guaira (Port Of Caracas), Venezuela; Oranjestad, Aruba

I would prefer to fly out of Florida as airfare does not cost as much as other port cities...but I have found that this is what I want for my third cruise and an extra $100-200 pp wont kill me.

Here is where all of you Princess cruisers can give me the advice I need to pick our next ship....so please help me. Are any of these your favorites?

PS I have been to Grand Cayman, Cozumel and MOBAY and will be visiting St. Thomas this December. Any of the above itineraries would make me VERY happy.

I look forward to hearing from you and my many days of posting here in this forum as I choose my ship for December 2006.

The Golden will probably not be doing the Southern itinerary in December 2006. She's doing a transatlantic Rome to Rio starting November 29, 2006 and ending December 19. I think the plan is that the Golden will be taking over the exotic itineraries that the Regal does now (the Regal leaves the fleet in fall 2006, I think). There's going to be a lot of changes for the Winter 2006 season, with the Dawn being deployed to Australia and the Regal leaving the fleet, so I wouldn't count on any of this year's sailings being the same in 2006.

Thanks. thats kind of a bummer for me:( but I knew there was a chance that the itineraries would not be the same....so much for all the research. Oh well, I will just wait a few months and see if I can get Dec 06 ships and itineraries..

thanks for the information. I guess I will just search the forum here for information.....cannot wait to sail Princess:D

The itineraries through 2006 should be out about June, from what I've heard! So, you won't have long to wait, to make a decision. I actually have not been on those 3 ships, but I love the southern itinerary. I would also like the Panama Canal, but would prefer one that is one way, with a full transit. JMO! :D

The Canal and Southern Caribbean are two of my favorites. When we did the southern, we stayed in San Juan for a few days before and after. Really enjoyed San Juan. It can be more expensive and less convenient to fly into San Juan.

The Canal is very interesting (suggest reading "The Path Between the Seas", about the building of the Canal, before taking the cruise). I have not been on the Coral (but have been on it's sister ship--the Island Princess). Loved the ship. Keep in mind that the Coral will go through the Gatun Locks into Gatun Lake. In the past, Princess has used it's Grand Class ships on cruises to the Canal. The Grand Class ships are too big to go through the locks.

Have also done the round trip out of Galveston, but didn't enjoy it as much as the other two.

Betty: one more vote for the 10-day Panama Canal on the Coral. I have done that route and ship and you are going to love her. The ship is just the right size (1950) in great shape, the food is always subjective, some say good, some not so good. We had a balcony on that ship and granted the showers are a little small but they are duable. In fact I like the Coral so much that I am going next year for the full transit of the Canal from FLL to S.F. 15 day one. Also check out the Ports of Call board on the stops that you decide to take. There is a wealth of info there. You may have to go back a few pages but good stuff is in there. Hope this helps.

Marilyn

Archived