Royal Kicked Us Off!!!

A couple of quick observations.....and first, Steve, are you OK? You have been a constant support of what is going on, what is right and what is not, and have been a very loyal CC member, with incredible imput, and a ton of knowledge!

I don't know what happened on this thread that has turned you a bit sour, or maybe it's something from outside of CC, but I worry about you....old buddy!!

This thread has gone on, because everyone has an interesting story of why, once they board a ship, hate the night before disembarking......love unpacking, hate packing......says something about this style of a vacation.

So, I said my peace pages ago........and it still stands, and I'm happy for more positives on this thread than negatives. But it's both that make Cruise Critic stand alone!

Rick

I am more than OK:).....I just don't see why the OP needs to keep updating this thread to bring it back up to the top while she has nothing new to share. She was fully refunded....wasn't that what she was concerned about from the beginning:confused: Her resi was against Royal's rules....i understand that....it was unfortunate....but she ended up having a great time with her granddaughter..... avoided nothing but days of rain in the Bahamas....heck it ended up all working out in the OP's favor in the end....so why keep bringing this thread back up over and over.....sorry but I see it as now a vendetta thread.

I am more than OK:).....I just don't see why the OP needs to keep updating this thread to bring it back up to the top while she has nothing new to share. She was fully refunded....wasn't that what she was concerned about from the beginning:confused: Her resi was against Royal's rules....i understand that....it was unfortunate....but she ended up having a great time with her granddaughter..... avoided nothing but days of rain in the Bahamas....heck it ended up all working out in the OP's favor in the end....so why keep bringing this thread back up over and over.....sorry but I see it as now a vendetta thread.

I now totally understand! There was something that I did not catch in this thread........that you did.

That's probably why I say what I do about you!!;)

Rick

Seriously....not to mention that she took time away from her and her granddaughters vacation together to update this thread.....that's not Royal's fault any more....that is the OP now herself letting this continue to interfere with her personal time....time to stop blaming Royal. It's obvious that the OP has a gripe with Royal over this and just wants to keep this thread going for as long as possible to try to get back.

However, I am not really sure that it is fair to fault a person for how she uses her own personal time. Maybe the "kids" were out doing something on their own and grandma had some time on her hands. People post to CC while they are on vacation, in the middle of the night when you would think they would be catching up on sleep, sitting in airports waiting for flights, and from work when they should be, well, working. People spend their time how they choose. The OP obviously, doesn't feel the time she spends posting here about this subject is interfering with anything.

Now, the fact that you feel that this thread has run its course is another matter and an opinion that you are certainly entitled to.

I am glad for this tread. I am traveling with my granddaughter in Aug on a cruise and am surprised that RCI did not bring up the noterized consent that I needed for me to travel with my granddaughter. I have been on more then 25 cruises with RCI and I fully explained that I was traveling with my grandaughter. I am amazed that the subjuct did not come up that I needed a noterized consent. The personal needs to be trained better in my opionion.

However, I am not really sure that it is fair to fault a person for how she uses her own personal time. Maybe the "kids" were out doing something on their own and grandma had some time on her hands. People post to CC while they are on vacation, in the middle of the night when you would think they would be catching up on sleep, sitting in airports waiting for flights, and from work when they should be, well, working. People spend their time how they choose. The OP obviously, doesn't feel the time she spends posting here about this subject is interfering with anything.

The fact that you feel that this thread has run its course is another matter and an opinion that you are certainly entitled to.

OB, looking back the OP was just hoping to get her money back. I spaced out........working I guess, and when I came back, Steve pointed out that what she wanted back.........she got.....which was her money......in total!

So, now, I'm also wondering why the thread is not starting to die. Everyone that is a reader of CC, should know by now that mistakes are made, and when corrected, something like this could happen. ie, too many under age children, not natural children of the family taking them, etc........to make everyone aware of the circumstances that might face one......especially if they show up at the pier, unprepared!

I agee, that it's time to stop this thread. It was well presented by the OP, but now the OP has her money back..........and that is all that Royal Caribbean will do. If she beats her drum more..........it falls on deaf ears, as we know.......but maybe she doesn't.

So, to the OP.........time to let your story set with the sun.......in the west!

Thanks for sharing, and I hope that the group of us here at CC have been a help to you. You have kept your cool throughout what you have expereinced.

Now, it's time to let it go...........please!

Rick

I am glad for this tread. I am traveling with my granddaughter in Aug on a cruise and am surprised that RCI did not bring up the noterized consent that I needed for me to travel with my granddaughter. I have been on more then 25 cruises with RCI and I fully explained that I was traveling with my grandaughter. I am amazed that the subjuct did not come up that I needed a noterized consent. The personal needs to be trained better in my opionion.

This is from the Travel Documentation Section of the "Before You Board" tab on the RCI website:

Should the last names of the parent and minor child traveling with them differ, the parent is required to present the child’s valid passport and visa (if required) and the child’s birth certificate (original, a notarized copy or a certified copy). The name of the parent(s) and the child must be linked through legal documentation. Adults who are not the parent or Legal Guardian of any minor child traveling with them are required to present the child’s valid passport and visa or the child’s birth certificate (original, a notarized copy or a certified copy) and an original notarized letter signed by at least one of the child’s parents. The notarized letter from the child’s parent must authorize the traveling adult to take the child on the specific cruise, must authorize guardian to sign legal documentation/waivers for participation in any activities requiring them (i.e. Rock Climbing, Flowrider, Bungee Trampoline, Inline Skating, or Ice Skating) and must authorize the traveling adult to supervise the child and permit any medical treatment that must be administered to the child. If a non-parent adult is a Legal Guardian, the adult must present a certified certificate of Guardianship with respect to the child. tip_bttmLeft.gifspaceit.gif

OB, looking back the OP was just hoping to get her money back. I spaced out........working I guess, and when I came back, Steve pointed out that what she wanted back.........she got.....which was her money......in total!

So, now, I'm also wondering why the thread is not starting to die. Everyone that is a reader of CC, should know by now that mistakes are made, and when corrected, something like this could happen. ie, too many under age children, not natural children of the family taking them, etc........to make everyone aware of the circumstances that might face one......especially if they show up at the pier, unprepared!

I agee, that it's time to stop this thread. It was well presented by the OP, but now the OP has her money back..........and that is all that Royal Caribbean will do. If she beats her drum more..........it falls on deaf ears, as we know.......but maybe she doesn't.

So, to the OP.........time to let your story set with the sun.......in the west!

Thanks for sharing, and I hope that the group of us here at CC have been a help to you. You have kept your cool throughout what you have expereinced.

Now, it's time to let it go...........please!

Rick

Totally agree!!

Folks, it is clearly NOT JUST ME that keeps commenting on here!!! To be completely accurate, this is my 27th post on this thread out of 384 replies -- mine are less than 7%. And just take a look at the number of views: 53,637 -- that is ALOT of people!!!

As I said before:

(1) this topic is of obviously great interest to many CC posters -- many of whom who are interested because miscommunication by RC is something that they have or will be experiencing, OR they are or have traveled with minors or teens or under 21s.

(2) this was caused by a problem internally at Royal Caribbean in their booking section that should have been caught,

(3) if you don't like what's being said here, you DON'T HAVE TO READ OR POST!

Yes, I did and do want something from RC -- (1) an apology and (2) recognition by RC that I as a customer would be welcomed back -- but what I've received has been a "backhanded" sort of apology and nothing except "maybe" an OBC or similar....

However, I didn't put that up front on this thread as a "demand" or "request", because I was initially very worried if I really would get the full refund back, and I wanted to get that $$$ in hand first before I asked/complained further....

(I had put that trip on my credit card & collected checks from the parents; when the cruise fell apart, I had to put the condo expenses including damage deposit and all food on my credit card etc. It was nearly the end of that trip when I was able to determine that the refund had posted to my credit card account -- it took nearly a week between RC saying they did refund $$ and when $$ showed up on my card account!!)

So rubrrick, bajathree and you others NOW criticizing me, unless you are a manager here who wants to end this thread, back off -- this thread will drift on to higher numbered pages when all the other CC participants stop reading & commenting.

Folks, it is clearly NOT JUST ME that keeps commenting on here!!! To be completely accurate, this is my 27th post on this thread out of 384 replies -- mine are less than 7%. And just take a look at the number of views: 53,637 -- that is ALOT of people!!!

As I said before:

(1) this topic is of obviously great interest to many CC posters -- many of whom who are interested because miscommunication by RC is something that they have or will be experiencing, OR they are or have traveled with minors or teens or under 21s.

(2) this was caused by a problem internally at Royal Caribbean in their booking section that should have been caught,

Yes, I did and do want something from RC -- (1) an apology and (2) recognition by RC that I as a customer would be welcomed back -- but what I've received has been a "backhanded" sort of apology and nothing except "maybe" an OBC or similar....

However, I didn't put that up front on this thread as a "demand" or "request", because I was initially very worried if I really would get the full refund back, and I wanted to get that $$$ in hand first before I asked/complained further....

(I had put that trip on my credit card & collected checks from the parents; when the cruise fell apart, I had to put the condo expenses including damage deposit and all food on my credit card etc. It was nearly the end of that trip when I was able to determine that the refund had posted to my credit card account -- it took nearly a week between RC saying they did refund $$ and when $$ showed up on my card account!!)

So rubrrick, bajathree and you others NOW criticizing me, unless you are a manager here who wants to end this thread, back off -- this thread will drift on to higher numbered pages when all the other CC participants stop reading & commenting.

I have been following this thread because I travel with my grandchildren. In fact I have a TA cruised booked with my 15 year old grandson. I even called Royal again asking if this was a problem and they said no. They did tell me the letter I would need (which I already knew about). I am hoping that I do not encounter any problems.

I do believe what you have said and that it was RCCL's fault. But if you are wanting them to give you something for their mistake good luck. I was on the Mariner at the Ice Show on the front row and one of the skaters broke the glass and cut my legs in several places. I was taken to medical where they got the glass out (all except one place that I finally got out a couple weeks after). They never followed up or offered me any kind of compensation. Oh take that back - the cruise director did send me a cap and lanyard to my room. So all I am saying is do not hold your breath.

I was taken to medical where they got the glass out (all except one place that I finally got out a couple weeks after).

You admit that you took a piece of glass that was not your property, but the property of RCI?

You are lucky you were not billed for failure to return their property, just like those towel thieves.:rolleyes:

As I said before:

Like I have said before....you have another agenda to this thread and you just made that clear in your post above. You can most likely forget about getting much more satisfaction other than you have already received already with getting fully refunded after blasting a thread on a public board titled "ROYAL KICKED US OFF" There are ways to do things and ways not to....and you took the not to approach.....should have thought about that before biting the hand of that you are wishing to receive compensation from.

bajathree -- nobody is making you read this thread!!!!

In defense of Cruisin Kay D, the above post was #369, made on June 1 at 3:46pm.

The next post she made was #385 today at 7:19 pm to respond to about 15 posts accusing her of being the one to keep the thread going. There was quite a gap between post 379 and 380 and guess what? Cruisin Kay D was NOT the one who revived the day-old thread.

Get over it already :rolleyes: and take a look in the mirror to see who is keeping this thread alive.

Archived