Princess meet and greet procedure

CRUISEADIK

You can set it up any time and then a week ahead give them the count. They will assign a space based on the number of people. At that time the contact can also give you the names of staff to have invitations for.

Call or send an email to the coordinator for the ship at Princess California HQ.

This may be out of date, but try it:

Jenny Streeck

Sapphire

(661) 284-4444

jstreeck@princesscruises.com

How do you find out who the coord. for Coral Princess is? We have several on roll call interested in a meet and greet, but none of us have ever planned one. We just need some guidance. Any help would be appreciated!

#Hi All

On my meet and greet last year we had 14 senior crew attend not sure who was left to run the ship, we had heads of all deparments even the engineer turned up,

one thing to do is let Princess pick the time, the ship has a lot of management meetings, captains have weddings etc, that folk forget about so there is not a lot of free time,

yours Shogun

I've attended well planned and well attended M&Gs on Princess and some not. Sometimes the staff shows and adds to the value and sometimes not. Depending upon the cruise line, the staff, the itinerary, etc.it can go anywhere. Princess has provided the least assistance compared to other cruises I've been on, but to be honest, I do not cruise for the M&Gs, but I do participate in the roll-calls to meet my fellow voyagers before embarking! They're fun!

Patrick

marypat01

Hi There

Can up date you on my last cruise which was the Grand last week,

we had 16 or 17 crew,

Captain gave a speach, introduced crew , then they mixed and chatted

with CC,

yours Shogun

Shogun: You may know me as cruiseadik--Sandy. We were on the Canada New Eng. cruise together--the one going from Quebec City to Ft. Lauderdale. Anyway, I am setting up the M & G for our coastal in September. Could you tell me how many staff invitations your group sent out and who they were to? Thanks.

Sandy

Hi Sandy

Nice to hear from you,

what I did was set up the meet through Princess,

then once on board I ask to meet the Hotel General Manager

Princess had already informed the ship of our meet and had informed senior officers,

what I did was to say that the meet was to last an hour and that we would be happy if any of the crew could visit during that time slot,

again I said it would be nice if Captain could attend but understood

that if he could not make it not a problem,

in the end everyone you could ever want to meet turned up and chatted away,

I have in the past sent invites to Senior Crew but have fund it better to meet either CD or HGM in person.

Often they will say that they have a staff meting but will come after or Captain doing weddings but will drop in after,

By finding out this info you can plan your meet.

yours Shogun

Our cruise is quite a while away at the moment (March 2013) on Dawn Princess based in Australia. Can anyone help with a contact please? Thanks

Sandy in Spain

Our cruise is quite a while away at the moment (March 2013) on Dawn Princess based in Australia. Can anyone help with a contact please? Thanks

Sandy in Spain

I do not have a contact for the Dwan. When I sailed her last year, I was given the name of someone with Carnival Australia to contact. It did not work. I was on the ship for the cruise before the one I handled the M&G, so I just dealt with the Purser directly. Here is the person for the Sun Princess, which is the other ship in Australia. She may be able to help or give you a contact.

Renee Wittwer rwittwer@princesscruises.com (661) 284-4443

Shogun: Thanks for taking the time to answer. That sounds like a good plan. I am in charge of the M & G, but one of the ladies is making invitations for the senior staff. We may do a combo--send invitations and talk to the purser.

Thanks,

Sandy

I organized the M&G for the Circumnavigation of Australia on Dawn Princess last September.

I made contact with Joanne M at groups@carnivalaustralia.com who was very helpful and gave me the names of the senior officers. (but not until nearer the sailing date. About a month out. But they are still subject to change)

I did personal invited for the senior crew and gave them to the Chief Purser soon after boarding.

Hope this helps.

Edited by kiwipete

I organized the M&G for the Circumnavigation of Australia on Dawn Princess last September.

I made contact with Joanne M at groups@carnivalaustralia.com who was very helpful and gave me the names of the senior officers. (but not until nearer the sailing date. About a month out. But they are still subject to change)

I did personal invited for the senior crew and gave them to the Chief Purser soon after boarding.

Hope this helps.

Hi Pete,

Good to see you. Hope all is well with Norma and you

• 3 months later...

I was wondering by chance, does anyone know who the contact for the Star is for meet and greets? I am new to princess and setting one up for our roll call. I have done m&g for other cruiselines and not sure where to find the info for Princess. Thanks in advance is someone can help me out!:D

I was wondering by chance' date=' does anyone know who the contact for the Star is for meet and greets? I am new to princess and setting one up for our roll call. I have done m&g for other cruiselines and not sure where to find the info for Princess. Thanks in advance is someone can help me out!:D[/quote']

Please see Post #3 in this thread:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1699875&highlight=contact+list

I was wondering by chance' date=' does anyone know who the contact for the Star is for meet and greets? I am new to princess and setting one up for our roll call. I have done m&g for other cruiselines and not sure where to find the info for Princess. Thanks in advance is someone can help me out!:D[/quote']

For the Star:

Berda Davis bdavis@princesscruises.com (661) 284-4451

• 7 months later...

I'm new to CC, but began a roll call and have set up a M&G with Princess for our Aug 11-18 sailing to Alaska on Crown Princess. We went no-host and they say they'll try to have staff on hand, but if that doesn't happen, I'm looking for tips on how to get a party started among strangers.

Been on lots of cruises, many with private parties, but if none of the staff shows, what would make the event more enjoyable?

If anyone has had success in motivating strangers to branch out and mingle with the larger group (vs. staying within their own crowd), please let me know. Am considering a giveaway of some kind, just to encourage people to attend and provide a starting point for the party.

Thanks!