Princess meet and greet procedure

CRUISEADIK

Princess does not organize a M&G like Royal does. It is up to someone on the Roll Call to take ownership. Princess has a section that works with you to plan the M&G. The latest I have is that the contact for the Coral is:

Rosanne Pennucci rpennucci@princesscruises.com 661-284-4443

She will be the intermediary between you and the ship to select a time and place. Key words are that you want a "No Host Bar". That means everyone will pay for their own drinks. Princess will put out some little bar snacks, but not much else.

If you want any of the officers to attend, you will need to invite them. I get a pack to party invites at a local store, fill in all the info and then address them when we are on board and have the list of officers. Drop them at the Passenger Services desk.

We had not 1 but 3 M&G's. Two were informal and one was the Big One. The first one was after the Ships General Drill "AKA Muster Drill". It was for all of the Private Tour Organizers and their attendee's in the Outriggers Bar. The second was a drop in/out between dinner times in Club Fusion. The Big One was in Skywalkers Lounge on the first Sea Day from 11:30-12:30 with a No Host Bar. I dropped off 16 reservations for various ships officers and the CD at the pursers desk on the first day. We had 130 Yes responses on our Tracker and 80 showed up. We had 8 of the ships officers including the CD all of whom came in at the same time like an army! I printed up CC Stick on Lables with a slot for your Screen Name and your Real Name with the CC logo. I used the Princess Contact for the Ruby Princess and she was great with info and arranging the time at Skywalkers. I am doing the same for our British Isles Cruise next May. We already have sold out Private Excursions and more than 60 CC Folks listed. Everything went off without any issues as Planning Ahead is the only way to do this. You are welcome to download our Cruise Tracker and use for your cruise planning.

Edited by Steviewonder1

Doug,

I have been looking for post to sign up for a meet & greet on the Coral Princess, 26 Nov '13. I have done this before with success on RCCL. I can't get anywhere for Princess Meet & Greet. I have looked at post for my cruise and they talk about it briefly but not how to do it there You have had a great following with this info and organizing things. Please could you give me info to sign up myself and friend?

Thanks

There is no roll call for this cruise under Princess Roll Calls, Coral Princess 26 Nov '13. There is no active group on this cruise doing anything.

One addition - the person contacting Princess to arrange this must be the one who booked the cruise with Princess Cruises. That is, if you booked directly then you can contact them directly. If you booked through a TA then the TA must be the person to contact them.

They will want to know how many people will be attending - arrange this through your Roll Call.

I booked our "no host" meet and greet on our last cruise November 2012. After much mis-information here on cruise critic (I went to my TA and asked her to book, and she laughed at me)

I contacted the rep for our ship from the list provided here on cruise critic. Sent the young lady and email, and less then 24 hours later, M&G was set up for Crooner's lounge on the first sea day, in the afternoon. Signage was put up and everything was ready for us. We had a great time. As long as you have a booking number you can set up the M&G through your princess representative.

KIMM

I have planned several M&Gs over the years and always book thru a TA and always plan the M&G directly with Princess. It was never suggested that I go thru my TA

I agree - this is not something a TA handles! Some CDs will do more than others for M&Gs. I've had some do absolutely nothing and others at least reserve a venue and notify a few officers to show up.

Doug,

I have been looking for post to sign up for a meet & greet on the Coral Princess, 26 Nov '13. I have done this before with success on RCCL. I can't get anywhere for Princess Meet & Greet. I have looked at post for my cruise and they talk about it briefly but not how to do it there You have had a great following with this info and organizing things. Please could you give me info to sign up myself and friend?

Thanks

Here is the link for your roll call: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1629203

Currently 16 members

Edited by JF - retired RRT

At the MG don't talk about arranging private shore excursions. Princess frowns on this and will make threats to take you off the ship. Ridiculous IMO.

The only time I have heard of a problem was on the Grand around South America early this year. There was no problem at the M&G for the first leg, but the hotel manager and captain read the riot act to the private tour planners for that leg. Most suspected it was related to someone going to the Passenger Services desk and demanding a lounge for her tour to meet in and space on the first tender to get them ashore. Supposedly she caused quite a scene.

At the MG don't talk about arranging private shore excursions. Princess frowns on this and will make threats to take you off the ship. Ridiculous IMO.

I don't think this is ridiculous IMHO. The M&G is a social event, not an opportunity to make money at Princess' expense (yes, I know, some people are doing this just to make it convenient for everyone on the roll call, but there are others who are getting "kickbacks"). If money needs to change hands, it should be done in private. Princess would not give people public space to sell cruises on another line... it's the same thing with independent shore excursions.

On my last M & G on the Golden I contacted Princess about the entertainers on board and they told me that they didn't know who they were. If you've invited entertainers to your meeting how did you find out who they were?

Thanks!

Tom:)

• 2 weeks later...

We are sailing on the Royal Caribbean on January 5th. We have an active roll call and one of our members is attempting to set up a Meet and Greet and has run into a road block after calling Princess. Does anyone know who the contact person is for Royal? I would like to pass this on to our volunteer coordinator. Thanks

We are sailing on the Royal Caribbean on January 5th. We have an active roll call and one of our members is attempting to set up a Meet and Greet and has run into a road block after calling Princess. Does anyone know who the contact person is for Royal? I would like to pass this on to our volunteer coordinator. Thanks

Assuming you meant Royal Princess, the contact is:

Stacey Anderson sanderson@princesscruises.com 661-284-4333

• 1 month later...

Who do I contact to arrange for a Meet & Greet on the Caribbean Princess?

Our Roll Call was going to meet at the WHEELHOUSE on Sunday, Jan 12th at 11:30 a.m. but it wasn't confirmed with Princess. Now it has been said that something else is going on at that time.

I sent an email to Coleen Reyes but I'm not 100% sure if right person. Any help greatly appreciated. Thanks.

• 8 months later...

A quick question from a relative newbie at arranging a meet and greet on Princess. I have made the location and time reservations through the Diamond Princess contact person.

I plan to send invitations to the officers once on-board -- when and where can I get this list? who do I give the invitations to?

How have any of you sent reminders to participants once on-board? Or is this something that the ship's contact person does if we provide a list of names? For the only other M+G that I made the arrangements, the roll call understood that there would be no reminders sent to cabins.

A quick question from a relative newbie at arranging a meet and greet on Princess. I have made the location and time reservations through the Diamond Princess contact person.

I plan to send invitations to the officers once on-board -- when and where can I get this list? who do I give the invitations to?

How have any of you sent reminders to participants once on-board? Or is this something that the ship's contact person does if we provide a list of names? For the only other M+G that I made the arrangements, the roll call understood that there would be no reminders sent to cabins.

FYI...At the beginning of the month of your cruise email the Princess contact person. They will provide you with a current list of the officers. Now you have an advance list for your invites which I would leave at the pursers desk once your on the ship. They will deliver.

My list for my M & G has everyone's email address and I send them a flyer with the details when they sign up. On my last cruise M & G I tried something new and made a reminder flyer and delivered it to each stateroom. My result was an excellent attendance.

Tom:)