Princess meet and greet procedure

CRUISEADIK

Yes, I have time now to get them done, and want to enjoy the ship when I get on board.

BTW, I have sent an email to both entertainers and the lecturer. Will keep you apprised.

Doug

I am sailing on the Coral Princess and we are having Garry Carson, a magician that has over 800 appearances at the MGM grand in Vegas and Duncan Tuck a singer/comedian. They both have websites.

Our lecturer is Alaskan Historian Ann Burgess.

Good news, I already received a positive response from Garry Carson, the magician, that he and his wife would love to come to our event, providing he does not have a tech rehearsal scheduled at that time.

Doug

Just heard back from the other entertainer, Duncan Tuck, who also indicated he would be happy to attend.

Doug

He may be fascinating to talk to. My wife and I enjoyed his work; very clever and talented.

Writing the invites on the first night let me add comments on the ship or staff and our impressions so far...

• 2 weeks later...

For those of you who followed this thread recently and my efforts to get the entertainers to come to the Meet and Greet; we had great success! Just returned from our cruise on the Coral Princess and we had both of the entertainers I invited, the Naturalist, and the Captain of the Ship and several of his officers at our Meet and Greet. We also had 100% of the CC people that signed up attend. So needless to say, I was very pleased.

I pretty much followed the road map as described in the beginning of this thread with the following additions:

-Once I received the email from Princess on the entertainers and Naturalist lecturer. I searched for their websites and sent them an email explaining the Meet and Greet, and would they be interested in coming. Both entertainers and the Naturalist replied they would come. By the way, the email I am referring to from Princess is one of the stock emails you get once you have signed up for the cruise. This was the last one, that at the top introduces the Cruise Director and at the bottom indicates two of the entertainers and the guest lecturer.

-Once on board the ship, I had prepared invitations for the ships officers and the entertainers/naturalist that I gave to the purser. I did personalize the invitations to the entertainers, with a short note saying basically "hope you can come".

-I also left voicemail messages or spoke to all of the CC people that had previously indicated that they would attend. I made these calls after confirming with Princess that our venue had not changed. I had a spreadsheet of all the responders with their CC name, first names, and cabin numbers which facilitated these calls.

Doug

-

For those of you who followed this thread recently and my efforts to get the entertainers to come to the Meet and Greet; we had great success! Just returned from our cruise on the Coral Princess and we had both of the entertainers I invited, the Naturalist, and the Captain of the Ship and several of his officers at our Meet and Greet. We also had 100% of the CC people that signed up attend. So needless to say, I was very pleased.

I pretty much followed the road map as described in the beginning of this thread with the following additions:

-Once I received the email from Princess on the entertainers and Naturalist lecturer. I searched for their websites and sent them an email explaining the Meet and Greet, and would they be interested in coming. Both entertainers and the Naturalist replied they would come. By the way, the email I am referring to from Princess is one of the stock emails you get once you have signed up for the cruise. This was the last one, that at the top introduces the Cruise Director and at the bottom indicates two of the entertainers and the guest lecturer.

-Once on board the ship, I had prepared invitations for the ships officers and the entertainers/naturalist that I gave to the purser. I did personalize the invitations to the entertainers, with a short note saying basically "hope you can come".

-I also left voicemail messages or spoke to all of the CC people that had previously indicated that they would attend. I made these calls after confirming with Princess that our venue had not changed. I had a spreadsheet of all the responders with their CC name, first names, and cabin numbers which facilitated these calls.

Doug

-

Thanks for the update. Glad it worked so well

Very impressive, Doug!!!

Glad you shared the results and everyone had a good time. Am hoping we get half as lucky with invitee attendance (CC members, cruiser personnel and entertainers or lecturers).

Thanks for your suggestions and sharing.

Hope the rest of the cruise was good too =]

• 2 months later...

Doug

-

Hey Doug -

Your ideas worked quite well, and we had great attendance by cast & crew of Golden last week (naturalist, illusionist, captain, hotel maitré d, food & beverage manager, senior physician)...only a third of the CC members showed up, so we only outnumbered them by 6...but it made for a very personal get together. Was disappointed that Princess didn't have the lounge ready (no lights even) & the food/beverage manager had to call for a server staff, but otherwise it was nice. Not sure I'll organize one again, but will probably attend others. Been invited to one on Carnival in October that includes an open bar.

Thanks for the help!

Nancy

Hey Doug -

Your ideas worked quite well, and we had great attendance by cast & crew of Golden last week (naturalist, illusionist, captain, hotel maitré d, food & beverage manager, senior physician)...only a third of the CC members showed up, so we only outnumbered them by 6...but it made for a very personal get together. Was disappointed that Princess didn't have the lounge ready (no lights even) & the food/beverage manager had to call for a server staff, but otherwise it was nice. Not sure I'll organize one again, but will probably attend others. Been invited to one on Carnival in October that includes an open bar.

Thanks for the help!

Nancy

Suggestion from my experience...Make a letter to the "On Board Events Coordinator" and leave it at the pursers desk along with your other letters. I have done this since I learned from another thread about a similar situation.

Tom:)

Suggestion from my experience...Make a letter to the "On Board Events Coordinator" and leave it at the pursers desk along with your other letters. I have done this since I learned from another thread about a similar situation.

Tom:)

Only funny because I actually received a letter from her in my cabin on embarkation day, outlining the room with set up details, then met her later that afternoon...and was assured "all was ready"!

• 3 weeks later...
Would appreciate advice if cabin number of those attending the M&G is required by Princess. Thanks

Princess does not ask for any identification of passengers attending a M&G. Usually someone from the Roll Call arranges it with Princess. So Princess has that person's name. They ask for an estimate of the number of attendees.

Would appreciate advice if cabin number of those attending the M&G is required by Princess. Thanks

Depending on how your M&G is set up, the organizer may ask for participant cabin numbers, but Princess will know the organizer's cabin number and that's the only person their staff works with.

Was never mentioned when I planned ours with them last month. And if you think about it, there's really no reason for them to request those of others.

I appreciate all the suggestions on this thread especially the individual invitations for the ships crew to the M&G. I am the organizer of our M&G and we have more than 80 confirmed attendees. I will be emailing the Contact person for the Ruby and forwarding the info to her. With that many folks Skywalkers Lounge would be great. We are looking to do our M&G right after the Muster Drill as our first Sea Day is 4 days out and that would be a bit much to wait on. I hosted our last M&G in our PH Suite for 35 New Friends as the group was a lot smaller and we had plenty of room. More later.

Princess does not ask for any identification of passengers attending a M&G. Usually someone from the Roll Call arranges it with Princess. So Princess has that person's name. They ask for an estimate of the number of attendees.

This is my understanding too. I was puzzled as the organizer stated cabin numbers were needed for Princess. Many thanks for yours, MidwesternCruiser2 and trbarton help.

Thanks for the follow-up post, Doug! I've taken on M&G duties on my next cruise. I have my spreadsheet going for the nametags as before.

Your posts have inspired me to step up my game and extend invitations to ship's entertainers and speakers. I agree that it's a Win-Win!

I have these questions for you about the plans you had mentioned:

• Did you add a note to the 'civilian' (entertainment, lecture) invitees about pouring them a Glass O'Wine if they joined you at the M&G?
  • If you did so, were you assessed a $15 corkage on the bottle? And what did you decide to bring? And why that wine?

Thanks,

Rick

• 1 month later...

Doug,

I have been looking for post to sign up for a meet & greet on the Coral Princess, 26 Nov '13. I have done this before with success on RCCL. I can't get anywhere for Princess Meet & Greet. I have looked at post for my cruise and they talk about it briefly but not how to do it there You have had a great following with this info and organizing things. Please could you give me info to sign up myself and friend?

Thanks