Princess meet and greet procedure

CRUISEADIK

Last year for our Emerald cruise, I contacted Princess to set up M & G. We were given a time and place (and bartender). Although we had a fairly large roll call with people interested, the time conflicted with MANY one-time activities on the ship so only about a third of our group made it.

The conflict with other activities is always a problem because Princess has many activities scheduled all day long.

And since the daily activity schedule is not made by the Cruise Director until the day before the M&G, the person at HQ who sets up the M&G time has no way of know what possible conflicts would occur.

Where in the world do folks come up with stuff like that.

We have set up many M&G directly with the Princess coordinator for the ship and every single cruise we have made on Princess has been booked through a TA. The ship coordinator is not interested in where you booked your cruise and the TA has absolutely nothing to do with setting up a M&G.

P&J

It came from a direct email response from the Princess coordinator for the ship informing me I could not make the M&G arrangements directly as I had booked through a TA. That would seem worthy of sharing.

I can only assume they have changed their policy since that email, and I stand corrected.

Edited by Times Prince
clarification for details in originally quoted message

It came from a direct email response from the Princess coordinator for the ship informing me I could not make the M&G arrangements directly as I had booked through a TA. That would seem worthy of sharing.

Must have been someone new in the job and unaware that it did not matter how you booked the cruise.

Last year for our Emerald cruise, I contacted Princess to set up M & G. We were given a time and place (and bartender). Although we had a fairly large roll call with people interested, the time conflicted with MANY one-time activities on the ship so only about a third of our group made it.

Also, the only crew member to show up was the Cruise Director, but he didn't get there until 5 minutes before our time ended and missed most of the group.

This was quite a different experience from our Azamara sailing where the Captain, CD and many other staff attended for most of the time. They knew our CC names and asked us about ourselves and what we wanted to know about the cruise/line. Additionally, they provided lovely hors d'oeurves and a glass of sparkling wine.

A very different experience from Princess (although it hasn't stopped us from sailing Princess again).

On Princess, you are almost guarenteed to have the M&G conflict with other activities. Unless it is held on a port day or very early in the morning, there are things going on all day.

One addition - the person contacting Princess to arrange this must be the one who booked the cruise with Princess Cruises. That is, if you booked directly then you can contact them directly. If you booked through a TA then the TA must be the person to contact them.

They will want to know how many people will be attending - arrange this through your Roll Call.

I've never had to arrange the M&G through my TA, always arranged it directly with Princess.

Many of us have been setting up M&Gs by dealing directly with the official ship's coordinator for several years and have never been asked to deal with our TAs. The policy is not new.

However, if when requesting setting up a M&G someone contacted another Princess representative who was not the official ship's coordinator, it is easy to see that they might be asked to contact their TA.

The ship's coordinators are the sole representatives who have the authority to deal with the ship on these matters and who know the proper method to accomplish the task.

Each of the coordinators can be contacted by phone or email and over the years we have always found them to know their job and to be very helpful and responsive.

P&J

I have a silly (?) question. On most other cruise lines, the ship sets up water, tea and/or lemonade and provides cookies or other snacks at no charge. Does Princess do this? Do you have to pay for that service. I understand about the cash bar, but what services do they provide? Can you request these services? Thanks,

Sandy

I have a silly (?) question. On most other cruise lines, the ship sets up water, tea and/or lemonade and provides cookies or other snacks at no charge. Does Princess do this? Do you have to pay for that service. I understand about the cash bar, but what services do they provide? Can you request these services?

Usually just provide the venue with a sign saying it is for a private group. No refreshments are usually provided although now and then there have been exceptions.

Hello,

If I would like to set up an M&G on my sailing, and deliver invitations to the upper crew members - how do I know where to deliver them to?

Thank you for your information.

Sincerely,

Lori

Hello,

If I would like to set up an M&G on my sailing, and deliver invitations to the upper crew members - how do I know where to deliver them to?

The names of the major officers and staff will be listed in the embarkation day Patter which will be in your cabin.

You can bring your invitations (addressed to the proper people) to the Purser's desk personnel who will put them in the proper mailboxes.

Hi there. I'm trying to determine a good place for our group's meet and greet, but can't figure out how to contact the ship coordinator for Crown Princess. I've searched high and low here, but can't find any information specific to the Crown. Can anyone help please?

The coordinator will also send you the list- names and positions of the staff that you can invite- mine were made out and taken to the purser's desk on the 1st day- a dozen invitations - on our cruise the Captain's Circle lady came and the cruise director, Frank showed up for a couple minutes. On other lines we had had better luck with more staff and better M & Gs.

Ok how do I find out who the coordinator of the Island is? I would like to set up a meet & greet for our cruise in July. I have never done this before and a lot of our fellow cruisers are 1st timers. And what information do I need for the coordinator?

Edited by harleysmama

For the Island - Stacey Anderson - sanderson@princesscruises.com (661) 284-4446

She will need to know the approximate number of people attending and when you would like to have it. Most are scheduled on the first sea day either late morning or early/mid afternoon. She will contact the ship and arrange to reserve a room (usually one of the bars that opens after your get together.

Make sure you specify that there will be a No Host Bar. That means that everyone pays for their own drinks.

For the Island - Stacey Anderson - sanderson@princesscruises.com (661) 284-4446

She will need to know the approximate number of people attending and when you would like to have it. Most are scheduled on the first sea day either late morning or early/mid afternoon. She will contact the ship and arrange to reserve a room (usually one of the bars that opens after your get together.

Make sure you specify that there will be a No Host Bar. That means that everyone pays for their own drinks.

Thank you Paul I knew you would come through. And so fast...

Edited by harleysmama