NCL Soda Packages

thebooler

What if you only have the cup & not the card? Lets say for example you bring the cup from a Previous Cruise?

They don't care if you have the cup or not, they want to see your card with a picture and sticker on it. Most people don't bother with carrying the cup around.

Last Month when we were on the Star, you had the option to add unlimited Juices to your soda package. It was an extra few dollars a day, sorry I don't remember the exact amount. Maybe someone else noted it. Don't know if this is on all ships or something they are newly testing out.

My sister and I (being Coke drinkers - I do not like Pepsi!) used this as an opportunity to do a soda detox and elected to just drink water. We actually felt pretty good! Our plan was to buy some Diet Dr. Pepper in port but decided against it since we were so proud of ourselves.

However, if they served Coke products, I bet any amount of money I'd end up going for the soda package.

What if you only have the cup & not the card? Lets say for example you bring the cup from a Previous Cruise?

They don't care if you have the cup or not, they want to see your card with a picture and sticker on it. Most people don't bother with carrying the cup around.

rvsullivan is right- the cup entitles you to nothing, it is a souvenier. You must present your card with the sticker on it (your card is used for all purchases onboard and gets you into your cabin, so you always have it).

I have a silly question, if you bring your own sodas onboard with you, do you take a can with you to dinner (MDR, Cagneys, Moderno)?

Yes, you may (not silly at all).

Free:

Coffee

Hot Tea

Iced Tea

Water

Flavored Waters

Juice at breakfast

Milk at breakfast

Not free:

Soda (buy for $2.50 each or get a soda card - do the math)

Booze & Beer

Juice during the day

Specialty coffee

I don't buy soda cards. If my kids want a soda, it comes out of their daily allowance. I like soda on occasion, but I never feel a need to buy any on the ship...and certainly would never, ever consider hauling a case of soda on board with me. Then again, we're not addicted to them like some others.

DSCN4733-vi.jpg

Edited by sdmike

• 1 month later...
What types of juice are available on the pop package? I like to drink Cranberry & Pineapple. Does anyone know if i wanted that mux and have the Package if that would be allowed. Thank you in advance

Juice is not included with the soda package.

Could anyone tell me if you can bring your own Larger Cup from home if they will fill it as long as you have the package.

My guess is no- they will fill the souvenier mug if you carry that around or an 8 ounce glass. Can't hurt to try though (and some bartenders may fill it while others do not).

• 2 years later...
Is only water, tea and cofee available on board for free? Soda card would be useful for my DH but our boys would much prefer juice and I prefer Iced tea. Do we have to get a soda card for these drinks?

I dont think this question was answered.

Does anyone know if everyone in your party must buy the soda package? If you try to add online, every name in the reservation is checked. Is it possible to buy it for only certain people on board?

thanks to anyone who knows the answer!

I dont think this question was answered.

Does anyone know if everyone in your party must buy the soda package? If you try to add online, every name in the reservation is checked. Is it possible to buy it for only certain people on board?

thanks to anyone who knows the answer!

Yes, you can buy individual soda packages on board. :)

Is only water, tea and cofee available on board for free? Soda card would be useful for my DH but our boys would much prefer juice and I prefer Iced tea. Do we have to get a soda card for these drinks?

I was on the Breakaway last month and they had free lemonade, iced tea, water, tea, coffee, milk and two flavored waters (kiwi strawberry and mango I believe) available all day up at the buffet in the Garden Cafe. During breakfast they would also have a couple different fruit juices (Apple, pineapple, etc.) but that varied each day.

This was my first cruise so I didn't know what to expect but I figured I would see what was offered before I bought the soda package. I took the advice of people here and brought a carry-on suitcase with a 12 pack of Coke, a 12 pack of Sprite and a 12 pack of Dr. Pepper. Between that and the free lemonade/iced tea that was available from 6am-midnight I had more than enough to last for the 7 day cruise.

I have a question for anyone who might know:

We had the Ultimate Dining Package and only ate at the specialty restaurants each night. Every night I would order one or two glasses of Pepsi with dinner (knowing it should have been an extra charge) and 90% of the time they didn't charge me anything for them. Is this something they normally do at the specialty restaurants or did I just get lucky?

If you're buying it as a gift for someone you aren't sailing with, that is fine. If you're buying it for yourself or someone in your party, do it onboard after the ship sails. While in port or from Bon Voyage, NCL has to charge taxes. Once in international waters, they don't have to charge taxes.

You will have a sticker on your card. So the other person will have to borrow your card to do it, or you will have to get the soda for them. They don't want you to share a card, and the intent is that the card is only good for one person. They won't give you more than one soda at a time.

This is not true.

Have never paid taxes buying it in Bon voyage

Never.