Whiners welcome

Ok I am all about if you look good Great!! But......... kids are on the cruise too and to be VERY erotic with less is more attitude. Showing to many goodies lol. :eek:

OR the couple that thinks that no-body is watching and they are really getting to know each other better:eek:

Im all for loving your partner but time and place..

Remember you are not the only one around.

HAVE fun and try to enjoy things in life......you are not promised the next day.:)

Oh! I have thought of another pet peeve of mine..........

You are walking along the corridor and someone is walking towards you, so just as you pass them you smile and say "hi". Not to start a conversation or anything, just an acknowledgement - but they look at you as if to say "why are YOU speaking to ME"

and - holding doors open for people who just breeze past without even looking up!!

Returning to the ship.

Wait in line.

Squirt your hands with hand cleaner.

Two paces

Have your room card ready....

Hold on I'm cleaning my hands.!!!

Is it not possible to have the squirt step a little away from the card check so that I can get my hands clean and dry?

Those who socialize loudly in a public area so that everyone has to listen to their conversation. Feel the same about folks who talk on a cell phone for ever in public places, like we want to listen to their conversation? After a while it becomes very annoying. These folks don't have a clue either.

I am with you on this one. SOOOOO ANNOYING!!!!

OK, my pet peeve is the relentless shower curtain attacks! Why has this crime continued unabated? I have been “violated” by these aggressors. They seem to unknowably just hang around until you least expect it and then “BANG” the uninvited thong experience…Warning; the curtain and bar soap are cohorts!

Oh! I have thought of another pet peeve of mine..........

You are walking along the corridor and someone is walking towards you, so just as you pass them you smile and say "hi". Not to start a conversation or anything, just an acknowledgement - but they look at you as if to say "why are YOU speaking to ME"

and - holding doors open for people who just breeze past without even looking up!!

Yeah, there are lotsa people who cannot smile and say hi. For a lot of 'em it's cultural and a product of where they live (think of a large seaport town in the northeast).

I hold lots of doors for people and I always tell them they're welcome. The ones who do not acknowledge my polite graciousness are told 'you're welcome' in a somewhat louder voice.

give me dunkie any day.. and keep that hockey puck excuse for a donut shop, north of the border, eh?

and btw I often pee in the seafood dishes...

I love your miscreant quote. I may have to steal it.

My guess is that you are a hoot to travel with.

"Travellers" who cruise to a port half way around the world and complain that it is not just like home.

Ha, ha, ha. Or the ones that do not like that a foreign language been spoken or the street signs are not in English:p:p

I love your miscreant quote. I may have to steal it.

My guess is that you are a hoot to travel with.

feel free to steal it and have fun using it... where you at in Ohio? An old Cleveland (Lakewood) boy here...our traveling companions (buddy of mine since we were 12, both of us 64 now) live in the Cleveland area again after years away, so we still get back to the shores of the mighty Cuyahoga on occasion.

And we DO have fun when we cruise..complete w/ rubber chickens; screaming, flying monkeys; pirate eye patches, groucho glasses and burger king crowns.. there are those who shudder and head in the other direction, but for those who stick around, there's some fun to be had *S*

Sometimes I wish I wasn't quite so good at making my presence known ;). 99% of the time it won't help anyway because they are THAT clueless.

In those inconsiderate situations I usually say something to the tune of, "Gee, must be nice to be the only person on the flipping staircase" followed by an excuse YOU. :D

Why? Why be rude?

Look, you are in a relatively crowded place with lots of people of different abilities, mental capacities, and up-bringing. There may be a number of reasons why a person stops in middle of a staircase. Maybe they forgot something in their room and are turning around to get it. Maybe they are out of breath. Maybe they just forgot where they are going. Maybe they are just not thinking. Maybe they just did not realize that they were blocking the path of another.

While I agree with you that a victim of their actions should speak up and do something about it, instead of just complain about it, there are right ways of doing it and wrong ways of doing it. We should strive to not be rude of condescending to others, simply because we perceive them to be rude.

Here is a question for you, Eeyoregon: if a 30-year old women is rushing to her next destination, and your 65-year old mother in front of her is not moving fast enough for her, how would you like the 30-year old to treat your mother?

this might have been said already--couples or singles who book a cruise during school breaks and then complain about all the kids and partiers. :rolleyes:

I realize that you are talking about complainers but sometimes they don't realize it until it is too late.

In my own defense, we didn't complain, but when we booked our March Cruise on The Magic we didn't realize that "Texas" had there Spring Break during that week. When we booked it we were going by school breaks in Louisiana.

It is sometime impossible to try to find out which school district, in surrounding states, is out for a week. And sometime that information just isn't available to you when you call a cruiseline to book a cruise.

I'm not sure if this would be a pet peeve, but I do think about it. No Tim Horton's Timbits to have with my coffee! :eek: I've thought about bringing some with me, but even a box of 20 wouldn't last more than a couple of days. Yeah, I know, there are plenty of sweets to be found on the ship. But I do miss the Timbits when I'm cruising.:D

I told DH that if any cruise line was interested in cornering the Canadian cruiser market all they'd have to do is cut a deal with Tim Horton's to put a Timmies on their ships, guess we could count you in too?

Archived