Whiners welcome

Those who socialize loudly in a public area so that everyone has to listen to their conversation. Feel the same about folks who talk on a cell phone for ever in public places, like we want to listen to their conversation? After a while it becomes very annoying. These folks don't have a clue either.

Had an episode of that on our recent Celebrity cruise. We went to the Lido for their featured early evening sushi bar. We had gotten our food and sat down to eat, when a woman came in from the outdoor seating area, talking loudly on her phone. We were in an American port at the time, and most folks had cellular service. This woman sat at a table near us, and proceeded to have a long (and loud) conversation with someone "back home". When she finished, she went back outside to sit (and smoke) with the friends that she obviously didn't want to annoy with her phone call. So what were we -- invisible? :rolleyes:

People who complain about something vigorously but do nothing to help the situation.

Example: Person A is standing in the middle of the stairs with their back to person B blocking their way. B stands there rolling their eyes and looking at A -without coughing or saying a word. When A gets moving (and still hasn't noticed B standing behind them,) B starts to complain and huff and puff about how rude people are :rolleyes:

Yep, I know A is the problem here but I just do not understand why it would be so hard announce your presence when the other person is clearly unaware of it :eek:

This might have been a not-too-clear-example, but I hope everyone understood what I meant ;)

In other words a person that would rather complain about things without even trying to fix them.

Good point Sinppu! A show was going on in the atrium (B of Seas) and i was on an upper level watching it over a balcony. A woman then stood directly BEHIND me and proceeded to loudly complain to her husband that she couldnt SEE! because I was stood in her way!! Then later in the evening she sat behind me and at a show and grouched the whole way through it... In fact come to think of it every time I saw/heard her she was whining about something or other.

People who get off the ship in a port and complain loudly and in front of the locals what a crap place it is. Their mothers didn't do much of a job teaching them manners.

A variation on this theme - people who complain about an excursion (itinerary, etc.). If they had just read the description or done a little research they would know what the excursion consisted of and wouldn't be surprised. We had someone complaining about the cable car in Wellington, NZ - they apparently thought it was an "aerial" cable car when it's sort of like the cable cars in San Francisco (on a track). I knew what it was because I looked it up on the net.

People who complain about something vigorously but do nothing to help the situation.

Example: Person A is standing in the middle of the stairs with their back to person B blocking their way. B stands there rolling their eyes and looking at A -without coughing or saying a word. When A gets moving (and still hasn't noticed B standing behind them,) B starts to complain and huff and puff about how rude people are :rolleyes:

Yep, I know A is the problem here but I just do not understand why it would be so hard announce your presence when the other person is clearly unaware of it :eek:

This might have been a not-too-clear-example, but I hope everyone understood what I meant ;)

In other words a person that would rather complain about things without even trying to fix them.

Sometimes I wish I wasn't quite so good at making my presence known ;). 99% of the time it won't help anyway because they are THAT clueless.

In those inconsiderate situations I usually say something to the tune of, "Gee, must be nice to be the only person on the flipping staircase" followed by an excuse YOU. :D

Sometimes I wish I wasn't quite so good at making my presence known ;). 99% of the time it won't help anyway because they are THAT clueless.

In those inconsiderate situations I usually say something to the tune of, "Gee, must be nice to be the only person on the flipping staircase" followed by an excuse YOU. :D

I had to do that yesterday. Went to Sam's Club on my lunchbreak to get a new member card because I had misplaced mine. The line was out the door, and the lady being served was more concerned with her children than with conducting her business and moving along. The cashier kept trying to talk to the customer while the customer kept fussing with her precious angel's hair. I finally yelled out "Hey, she's trying to talk to you!" No, wasn't the most graceful, but I was a few people back from her and losing my patience.

Line holders. One person is in line ahead of you and you get really excited because you are about to be next. Then the person in line's daughter, son, cousin, cousin's cousin, cousin's neighbor, and everybody on Deck 8 shows up to go ahead of you.

Kids being in places they are not supposed to be (and the parents who allow it).

People who make lots of noise (talk loud, play music, etc.) late at night in places such as their cabin or in the hallways on the cabin decks; i.e. places where they know they're in close proximity to people who are trying to sleep.

1) Gold by the Inch/Ternier watches stands taking up areas that would usually be a half decent corridor or atrium!

2) getting run over by motorised scooters! A wheelchair is ok cos I can move to get out of their way, but these electric buggys can shift!

Yikes--I'm so terrified that I'm going to run into someone with my powerchair on our upcoming cruise. :o

I promise to be very careful but it does concern me as I haven't been anywhere with it in crowds of people yet.

Linda

Oh that's fine by me, at least you're trying :D:D

The self-absorbed oafs who impose their own bad behavior (and that of their children) on their fellow passsengers. The above cited multiple examples are all merely symptoms of the condition which I identify as my pet peeve-----selfish boorish behavior which shows either utter disregard for others, or a level of terminal stupidity which renders the perpetrators unfit to travel with normal humans.

give me dunkie any day.. and keep that hockey puck excuse for a donut shop, north of the border, eh?

and btw I often pee in the seafood dishes...

Ouch, tough words from a man who drinks coffee that comes from North of the Border!!! I know Coffee:cool: EH!

I'm not sure if this would be a pet peeve, but I do think about it. No Tim Horton's Timbits to have with my coffee! :eek: I've thought about bringing some with me, but even a box of 20 wouldn't last more than a couple of days. Yeah, I know, there are plenty of sweets to be found on the ship. But I do miss the Timbits when I'm cruising.:D

I just moved away from the dublin/columbus, ohio area. So basically the mecca of Wendy's, and therefore Tim Hortons! I miss my tim bits and bagels!

:)People that think I want to hear there conversations. Particularly when I am trying to relax with a book or have a conversation with a loved one.

People who go to crowded public places and are upset when they other people around them doing ordinary things like having conversations or laughing at jokes ;)

Archived