Whiners welcome

When you are getting off the ship and the photographer is blocking the gangway and people think they have to get there pics taken because the ship says so. So you brush past people to get off the ship and they act like your being pushy. I can not stand when people act like sheep, your time is short in any port .Stop blocking the gangway.

It's hard for me to find a pet peeve, because I just move around people blocking the walkways, smokers, children, walkers or scooters. I stay away from the buffet and the shows, so those crowds don't bother me. I don't sit in the sun for long, so I don't care where my lounger is. I arrive at port after the mobs embark, so we generally walk right on with no wait, ditto for getting off in port stops.

Probably listening to people bicker with each other, that is annoying. Especially large groups who block whole areas and can't decide what everyone needs to do. I've traveled with groups of friends and family several times now...don't ever try to stay together as a group, do your own thing.

Or being rude to crew and staff. I once avoided a CC meet and greet because I witnessed a CC member being terribly rude twice on the first day of the cruise. I didn't want her to know who I was, I didn't want to be associate with her. Pity, I missed meeting some nice people and learned afterward she didn't attend the meeting either :rolleyes: I will never understand the mindset of yelling at a customer service personnel to get what you want. Instead, you have to make them happy to help you. You get more than what you asked for, everyone is happy and you aren't looked at as a big jerk afterward. Unless you want people to think you are a big jerk ;)

Peas. Why do so many of the dishes contain peas? I am allergic to most seafood, so I order beef/poultry dishes only and most of them it seems has this vile vegetable.

Not enough seafood dishes with peas

People acting like pigs in a buffet area. You can go up as many times as you like. I have seen cases were plates have been piled high and then the food not eaten. Also using hands to lift food when there is a server available for you to use .

Drunks walking though the halls in the small hours of the morning, laughing and yelling loudly pausing every few steps to laugh and tell stupid drunk stories. So far for us, we have had such a group on every cruise.

Drunks walking though the halls in the small hours of the morning, laughing and yelling loudly pausing every few steps to laugh and tell stupid drunk stories. So far for us, we have had such a group on every cruise.

Just another reason that I love aft cabins -- not a whole lot of traffic back in that part of the ship. :cool:

Of course it is a LONG walk to your cabin -- especially when you are with your friends late at night, and you've all had a little too much in the way of libations. :eek:

(Just kidding! ;):p)

People who don't use sunscreen. By the 3rd day I see all the red faces and shoulders and just cringe. Fun vacation, NOT!

The OP posited, biggest pet peeve on a cruise, one answer per person, and this is yours? I think we are at the bottom of the barrel.

Disclaimer: this is my 3rd post, but couldn't pass this by.

people who block the debarkation route by either

a) plopping down on the staircase, taking up half of it with your girth and setting your purse next to you rather than on the step in front of you

or

b) sitting in the hallway right before the door to get out, legs fully extended

and then complaining loudly when someone accidentally bumps into their purse or your shoe despite their best attempts to run the obstacle course that has been created by their fellow passengers

Seriously people wait for them to call your number, or step off to the side, there's lots of room where you won't be in the way.

The OP posited, biggest pet peeve on a cruise, one answer per person, and this is yours? I think we are at the bottom of the barrel.

Disclaimer: this is my 3rd post, but couldn't pass this by.

That was rather rude. Yes, it is a pet peeve, I live in Florida and see the damage the sun can do to those that don't know how fast just a little exposure can fry them. Obviously you have never had a bad sun burn or heat stroke reaction.

That was rather rude.

I thought so too!

I totally get your annoyance. It really bothers me when I see kids that look like lobsters...shame on their parents!! That sun damage may one day kill them, like it did my Uncle.

Archived