Whiners welcome

People the stack 1/2 full plates and glasses in the hallway.

If you don,t want to look at and or smell your garbage why do think we want to ?????

Its a moving ship and hall debris is dangerous.:mad:

That was rather rude. Yes, it is a pet peeve, I live in Florida and see the damage the sun can do to those that don't know how fast just a little exposure can fry them. Obviously you have never had a bad sun burn or heat stroke reaction.

I had sun poisoning. I thought I was dying! Holy crap! And the day after when my sunburn was at its worst, I wanted to die!!!

Sun exposure is nothing to joke about! Neither is the melanoma they're developing.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

1) Gold by the Inch/Ternier watches stands taking up areas that would usually be a half decent corridor or atrium!

2) People showing up for the second show at the theatre virtually pushing us first seating people out of the way to get to a seat!

Not only on cruises, but:-

1) Getting punched in the face by a rucksack when the person in front of me spins suddenly

2) getting run over by motorised scooters! A wheelchair is ok cos I can move to get out of their way, but these electric buggys can shift!

3) Time to pay? Why then look surprised and start the search for money/loyalty card/coupons/sail card?

its such a list!!!!!!!!!!! I have given myself a headache now haha!

Clueless passengers who walk up the stairs then stop dead at the head of the stairs.

People who don't know that I might stop at the head of the stairs because I am severly short of breath. And that I have to take the stairs because my doctor asks me to do so. So I take one or two flights of stairs at a time, rest, get my breath back and then continue on my breathless but merry way.

People who don't know that I might stop at the head of the stairs because I am severly short of breath. And that I have to take the stairs because my doctor asks me to do so. So I take one or two flights of stairs at a time, rest, get my breath back and then continue on my breathless but merry way.

Then you should be stepping off to the side, against the wall, not standing in the middle of the staircase. I hate it too at the tops (or bottoms) of escalators.

People who have taken dozens of cruises and think they are 'well travelled'. And then proceed to talk about how they never get off the cruise ship at ports.

Ok that seriously made me laugh out loud. So true!!

Now for my contribution to this thread:

My pet peeve is those that believe their cruise line of choice can do no wrong and criticize cruise lines they have never sailed on, based on "what they have heard".

I'm not sure if this would be a pet peeve, but I do think about it. No Tim Horton's Timbits to have with my coffee! :eek: I've thought about bringing some with me, but even a box of 20 wouldn't last more than a couple of days. Yeah, I know, there are plenty of sweets to be found on the ship. But I do miss the Timbits when I'm cruising.:D

My pet peeve is when I am in an elevator and people start to shove in and overload it. I have had my toes stepped on (in sandals, OMG! that hurts!) and, then when you try to get out, folks pushing in or those in the elevator not moving to make room for you to pass. Oh, and don't forget the smelly people who fart or think because they are on vacation, they don't need deodorant. YucK!

For sure, I take the stairs a lot but sometimes, after walking about all day, I want to ride the elevator! People, please be considerate. BTW, I am not old, just grumpy about this issue on ships. Other than that, I am really happy to be sailing.

Then you should be stepping off to the side, against the wall, not standing in the middle of the staircase. I hate it too at the tops (or bottoms) of escalators.

I DO step to the side with my back to the wall.... :eek:

Well you didn't SAY that ;). We all appreciate the people like you :).

The previous posters beef, and mine as well, is those that stop dead center of the landing with NO warning to floss their teeth, read their ship map or discuss tomorrow's shore excursion plans!

In general it drives me freaking crazy that such a large percentage of the population is completely oblivious 100% of the time to those around them and the space that they are hogging!! It's only a matter of time until I snap!! It happens everywhere!! People truly need to pull their heads out and pay attention to their surroundings!!! :mad:

Good; I wouldn't call that stopping at the head of the staircase, as the poster was peeved about, though......to me, that's resting against the wall at the top of the steps, so that's the reason for my response. To me, the "head" is the top center of something.

In general it drives me freaking crazy that such a large percentage of the population is completely oblivious 100% of the time to those around them and the space that they are hogging!! It's only a matter of time until I snap!! It happens everywhere!! People truly need to pull their heads out and pay attention to their surroundings!!! :mad:

Were we separated at birth?;) What you describe makes me insane! It kills me that people can be standing in a grocery store aisle with their cart turned sideways, completely blocking anyone else form getting by, and be utterly unaware of it. Happens anyplace you have a lot of folks together. I work in a large office (several hundred employees) and I am constantly trying to negotiate my way around the office because some folks are oblivious that they are blocking a doorway while carrying on a a conversation or that standing three deep in an aisle will prevent others from walking by. Wake up people!!

I'm not sure if this would be a pet peeve, but I do think about it. No Tim Horton's Timbits to have with my coffee! :eek: I've thought about bringing some with me, but even a box of 20 wouldn't last more than a couple of days. Yeah, I know, there are plenty of sweets to be found on the ship. But I do miss the Timbits when I'm cruising.:D

Oh my!!! I'm going out to get my timbits right now, be right back! I can't be on this website without them!

were we separated at birth?;) what you describe makes me insane! It kills me that people can be standing in a grocery store aisle with their cart turned sideways, completely blocking anyone else form getting by, and be utterly unaware of it. Happens anyplace you have a lot of folks together. I work in a large office (several hundred employees) and i am constantly trying to negotiate my way around the office because some folks are oblivious that they are blocking a doorway while carrying on a a conversation or that standing three deep in an aisle will prevent others from walking by. Wake up people!!

"like"

Well you didn't SAY that ;). We all appreciate the people like you :).....

Good; I wouldn't call that stopping at the head of the staircase, as the poster was peeved about, though......

Then I humbly apologize to all who misunderstood my statement as I misunderstood the poster who was peeved in the beginning. I guess if he would have said "the middle" instead of the head I might have had a better understanding of his view. To me (or is it "I"), the head of the stairs means anywhere on that part of the landing.

As Ann Landers would have said its "10 lashes with a wet noodle" for me.

Were we separated at birth?;) What you describe makes me insane! It kills me that people can be standing in a grocery store aisle with their cart turned sideways, completely blocking anyone else form getting by, and be utterly unaware of it. Happens anyplace you have a lot of folks together. I work in a large office (several hundred employees) and I am constantly trying to negotiate my way around the office because some folks are oblivious that they are blocking a doorway while carrying on a a conversation or that standing three deep in an aisle will prevent others from walking by. Wake up people!!

You have nailed mine too! I used to have a niece that had her "head in the stars" a lot of the time. I finally resorted to saying to her that she needed more situational awareness. We later shortened it to SA. We would both giggle when I would tell her "SA - SA" Now I often say that very thing to myself when people are not paying attention. (It helps me cool my jets a little bit!!:))

Were we separated at birth?;) /quote]

We might have been!!! I work for Costco so I too know about the workplace spacial-challenged!!!

The register area, or front end as we call it, KILLS ME!!! They'll ring up there stuff and then just plant their ginormous flat cart of merchandise smack dab in the middle of the only traffic lane for that area and go get in line for a hot dog!!!

Someone else posted earlier about people just sitting everywhere on debarkation day and boy do I agree. I have seen families COMPLETELY block the ONLY path with all of their suitcases and then go sit in chairs several feet away :mad:.

Except for when I'm at work, because I need my job so that I can cruise, I pretty much tell the idiots how I feel these days...usually in a sarcastic way. My kids hate it when I do it but by golly it's cheaper than therapy!!

Those who socialize loudly in a public area so that everyone has to listen to their conversation. Feel the same about folks who talk on a cell phone for ever in public places, like we want to listen to their conversation? After a while it becomes very annoying. These folks don't have a clue either.

Archived