Early Saver Cancellation and Re booking ???

DUCHESSRN

We may have to cancel a B2B booking , learnt my lesson about ES .

My question is can I apply the deposit minus $50 each to an existing booking or does is have to be a new booking?????

You learned your lesson? Did you not know about the cancellation rules for Early Saver before booking? If you did it on line...it is written all over the place and if you booked with a TA...I am sure they told you. No?

I posted a question ? I knew all the rules and accept my mistake with a lesson learnt . We have been on many cruises and never had to cancel ES before .

All I wanted to know is what I asked , do not need verbal reprimand from you .

We are senior citizens and if you knew why we had to cancel you would keep your moth shut.

I posted a question ? I knew all the rules and accept my mistake with a lesson learnt . We have been on many cruises and never had to cancel ES before .

We are senior citizens and if you knew why we had to cancel you would keep your moth shut.

Lol. Well, from one senior citizen to another...I hope all is well with you and you are able to book another cruise.

I was not reprimanding you. I am just amazed at how many people sign up for early saver and then they have to cancel for one reason or another and are upset.

The one thing about typing, is one can turn someones words and translate them into a tone of negativity. You however, were down right rude.

I truly hope all works out for you. Try and have a nice day.:o

You have to ignore some people:rolleyes: I think you asked a valid question. I wish I had the answer for you. I only know what my pvp told me and that is I would lose the $50 with rest to be applied to a future booking:confused: Not sure if it would work for a currently booked cruise. I'm sure someone will give you a legitimate answer without reprimanding. :)

You have to ignore some people:rolleyes: I think you asked a valid question. I wish I had the answer for you. I only know what my pvp told me and that is I would lose the $50 with rest to be applied to a future booking:confused: Not sure if it would work for a currently booked cruise. I'm sure someone will give you a legitimate answer without reprimanding. :)

This info is correct.

I recently cancelled an ES (lesson learned here too;)). I rebooked another cruise at a later date (not ES) and was "charged" $50 per person by Carnival. It has to go towards a new booking.

Well said. We all know life happens.

This info is correct.

I recently cancelled an ES (lesson learned here too;)). I rebooked another cruise at a later date (not ES) and was "charged" $50 per person by Carnival. It has to go towards a new booking.

Thanks. I had to ask when we booked this Spring break cruise. Wife and I are teachers and the calendar for next year had not come out yet, so we weren't sure of the dates for spring break next year. So we took the risk that they would be the same as they have been the last several years (1st week of April). Well yesterday the district put out a "tenative" calendar and it IS the same:) Looks like our "risk" paid off. Because since booking a week or so, we have saved $160 so far with ES:D

You tell 'em girl...ya shoulda called me with your question. I would have given you the answer without any grief. And, we did the same when we canceled the B2B for the SA cruises. AND, they were already booked and I was able to transfer my B2B deposits minus the $50 per person to the already booked cruises without any difficulty.

Hope everything is OK and you don't have to cancel.

Lol. Well, from one senior citizen to another...I hope all is well with you and you are able to book another cruise.

I was not reprimanding you. I am just amazed at how many people sign up for early saver and then they have to cancel for one reason or another and are upset.

The one thing about typing, is one can turn someones words and translate them into a tone of negativity. You however, were down right rude.

I truly hope all works out for you. Try and have a nice day.:o

I would guess you have never been in this position. Its never fun to have to eat money you lose .. even if you know the rules. Of course I knew the rules .. who could guess that my slow learning sister, who never had a date in her life would find a boyfriend and get married within 2 months. He even pushed up the date of the wedding to keep her from going on a cruise with me. I had 8 cruises booked, many ES.

I love the saying .. you never book with the expectation you might have to cancel .. but life happens.

no one books expecting to cancel. Its still a bitter pill to swallow when its you who eats the loss. OP didnt say they didnt know the rules.

OP .. no you cant apply it to a already booked cruise, unless you find a supervisor to override the system. The rules say no .. but if you find the right person, it could be applied to already booked cruises.

Its held as a future credit and you can cancel anytime up until final payment for the $50 fee pp etc... and the 2 years its held starts the date you cancel.. so sometimes its smart to wait to cancel.

You learned your lesson? Did you not know about the cancellation rules for Early Saver before booking? If you did it on line...it is written all over the place and if you booked with a TA...I am sure they told you. No?

She didn't say she didn't know the rules simply that she has now learned that it's not for them. That's the lesson. How rude of you.

You however, were down right rude.

NO Susie - YOU were the rude one in this conversation. The OP did not complain about ES rules just suggested she might not use it again. And you were RUDE enough to correct spelling. Extremely rude and silly.

DUCHESSRN - we cancelled an ES and were told we could apply the rest of the deposit (-$50) to a future booking. But we didn't have anything booked at the time so I don't know if we could have used it for any future cruise.

I will still use ES for my cruises even with the chance of cancelling. We seem to book cruises that don't go down in price so we've saved hundreds on each cruise with the cheaper ES fare. So even if we cancelled 50% of them we'd still be ahead.

That's always the problem with the Internet and not having enough ways to express feelings and tone--and meaning--in posts. Personally, I could see where susie8862 was coming from with the comment about "learning a lesson" My first thought was the OP was blaming the rules of the ES program for their problem--apparently that was not the intent of the post but I know that's how it was read by some--including me. Having said that, when it doubt--it is best to refrain from making hasty judgements.:)

I just spoke with Carnival yesterday myself. My mother-in-law passed this year before our upcoming trip. :( We were able to transfer her OBC to ourselves (as we paid for her trip) and the money will only go towards a future cruise only.

That having been said, for anyone cancelling an ES trip and transferring the OBC from one person to the other, you need to fill out a form and have it notarized. Carnival will charge a fee as well for the transfer, I believe it was $20 or $30.

Sorry you had to cancel your trip, best of luck!

Archived