When do doors open for Dinner?

BettyFB

I will be sailing on the Riviera next year. This will be my first time cruising with Oceania and I can hardly wait! I'm really looking forward to the food.....I'm one of those people that research what restaurants I plan on visiting when in a new city.

I have one question (for now)......when do the doors open up for dinner in the Grand Dining Room and in the specialty dining rooms?

Thank you for your help! Betty

This a a very good question as we want to know too. We were looking at excursions and wonder how much time we will have to get to dinner since some of the excursions have you already missing lunch. Curious to know all the meal dinning hours. Hey I havent missed a meal since 1966 and hate to break my streak now :). Regards.

I will be sailing on the Riviera next year. This will be my first time cruising with Oceania and I can hardly wait! I'm really looking forward to the food.....I'm one of those people that research what restaurants I plan on visiting when in a new city.

I have one question (for now)......when do the doors open up for dinner in the Grand Dining Room and in the specialty dining rooms?

Thank you for your help! Betty

On Oceania no one stands in line waiting for the dining room to open as on other ships. Dinner in all of the restaurants starts at 6:30pm and you can go in to any of the restaurants for dinner as late as 9:30pm..

Jancruz1

On Oceania no one stands in line waiting for the dining room to open as on other ships. Dinner in all of the restaurants starts at 6:30pm and you can go in to any of the restaurants for dinner as late as 9:30pm..

Jancruz1

This is absolutely correct - wander in anytime after 6:30 pm and you will be seated.

However, be aware that the specialty restaurants, while they do open at 6:30 too, accept reservations only, so do not plan on simply walking in. Make your reserverations for anytime after 6:30 - and only previous bookings may impair table availability.....

Thank you for the quick reply....this is exactly what I was looking for. My husband and I have always been early diners, so we will probably be there when the doors open. :)

It is too early yet to book any of the specialty restaurants, but will reserve them when I can on-line.

Thanks again!

This a a very good question as we want to know too. We were looking at excursions and wonder how much time we will have to get to dinner since some of the excursions have you already missing lunch. Curious to know all the meal dinning hours. Hey I havent missed a meal since 1966 and hate to break my streak now :). Regards.

People who look at me would say I haven't missed a meal longer than that :)

We are veterans of "only" 1 Oceania cruise, but have 3 more booked.

The specialty restaurants, main dining room and and Terrace Cafe start serving dinner at 6:30...the Waves Grill closes at 4...so there is indeed a period of 2 1/2 hours with "no food" except room service.

I am ususally an early dinner person but had no problems waiting until 6:30 to eat.

One night in Jacques, the waitress noticed I seemed hungry :) at our 7PM dinner time, and made sure to bring bread and our soup order early :). Funny how food servers can sense who the hungry ones are :)

You should be fine...

On Oceania no one stands in line waiting for the dining room to open as on other ships. Jancruz1

In fact, the Terrace Cafe, where the wonderful buffet is, is actually open all day...it doesn't close like on other ships. Jody and I would take our iPads up there, find a table, and wait until they started serving...but there was never the crazy rush of people waiting for the "clock to strike Noon" for the doors of open, and the starving masses to enter...

In fact, the Terrace Cafe, where the wonderful buffet is, is actually open all day...

It may be open but there is no food there in between dining hours the self serve drinks station is open 24/7

Waves is open until 4 pm though

The specialty restaurants, main dining room and and Terrace Cafe start serving dinner at 6:30...the Waves Grill closes at 4...so there is indeed a period of 2 1/2 hours with "no food" except room service.

You can get small sandwiches, cookies, cake & scones from 4 -5 pm at afternoon tea

Then 5-6pm nibbles at the bars for happy hour

If that is not enough you get a small plate of snacks at the bars at 6pm

so no need to go without food until the dining venues open

If you are on the O class ships they also have snacks at Barristas until 6:30pm

It may be open but there is no food there in between dining hours the self serve drinks station is open 24/7

Waves is open until 4 pm though

This is true...I didn't mean to suggest otherwise...I was just commenting on the original topic - there is no mad rush to get into Terrace Grill when they start serving...on other ships, it seemed there was always a crowd at the buffet waiting for the doors to open

Archived