Kids on December 8 Sapphire to Hawaii ?

ylojerseygirl

Hi All,

Any way to know how many kids are going to be aboard? Has anyone sailed this time of year or this itinerary and might be able to give their experience as to number of kids? we're slightly worried about Christmas break and there being a large number of children. thank you in advance!

Hi All,

Any way to know how many kids are going to be aboard? Has anyone sailed this time of year or this itinerary and might be able to give their experience as to number of kids? we're slightly worried about Christmas break and there being a large number of children. thank you in advance!

I don't know how you would find out how many kids are going to be on board until you are on the ship and see for yourself or ask the cruise director.

I wouldn't expect a large number of children on that cruise because lots of kids are still in school. Your cruise also doesn't include Christmas itself. It is usually the cruises that include Christmas that have more kids on them.

Cruises that short just before Xmas and end just after New Year's can be loaded woth a lot of kids of all ages. Also large family sometimes travel during the Xmas Vacation time. We had about 400 kids on one Panama Canal cruise at Xmas . Also about 4 family groups of more then 20 adults and kids.

I wouldn't expect many children at all considering that you will be traveling prior to the Christmas/New Year holiday break. Most children will still be in school during the two week period you are cruising. We have done the Christmas cruise to Hawaii on the Golden a number of times and there are many children onboard during the cruise that actually coincides with the holidays and school vacation. Since you will be on the cruise in advance of that I would expect that you will find very few families with children as fellow passengers. Most of us will be on the next cruise!

If you call Princess, they will tell you how many children are booked on your cruise.

With the cruise six-months away, they may not have an accurate number at this time.

But 12/8 is too soon for school's holiday vacation, so I doubt there will be many children on a cruise of this duration.

As most school districts take off two or three weeks around the last couple of weeks of the year, I doubt if any also take off the first week. Most likely if you encounter anyone under the age of 18, they are either being homeschooled or not yet old enough to attend school.

Not being an alarmist and you know your kids best. But if it were me I would be concerned with the number of sea days and kids. Possibility of rough weather and kids, and last just how many or few kids will be on that cruise.

If you call Princess, they will tell you how many children are booked on your cruise.

With the cruise six-months away, they may not have an accurate number at this time.

But 12/8 is too soon for school's holiday vacation, so I doubt there will be many children on a cruise of this duration.

If you call Princess they will tell you the number of children by age bracket. Of course that is the number booked at the time you call and will likely change some

I learned something new today! I didn't know you could call and ask. I just assumed they wouldn't tell you. I'm curious if you asked how many passengers are over the age 65 if they would tell you? t hope other cruise lines do the same if you call about the number of children, because I have one in mind for this Christmas and New Year's.

Not being an alarmist and you know your kids best. But if it were me I would be concerned with the number of sea days and kids. Possibility of rough weather and kids, and last just how many or few kids will be on that cruise.

I don't think the OP is bringing kids, but was concerned if there would be a large number of kids onboard. At least that's how I read the comment.

But to your point of number of sea days and rough weather I have to say that my kids have done the Hawaii cruise four times now over Christmas. There were lots of families during that two week period and the kids all have a terrific time. The sea days are why my kids love that cruise. There is plenty for them to do. And as for rough seas in our experience it has been quite rough at times during our Christmas cruise and the kids seem to handle it better than the adults. It is actually a great cruise for families during the holidays. We would do it during the summer as well if Princess ever offered it at that time.

My daughter doesn't have any issues with rough seas or motion sickness. She can even read in a moving vehicle, which I was never able to do as a child or as an adult. Maybe it's because she went on a cruise when she was minus four months of age.:)

In the past, I have been able to call Princess and inquire as to how many children (passengers under 18) would be onboard my sailing. I haven't done this recently, but it's worth a shot if you are concerned.

• 5 months later...
Hi All,

We went on this ship last year a little later in the month and the amount of kids was crazy! I didn't like it at all and neither did my kids. Too many kids running around without supervision. I would think the 8th will be less because most schools are not out till two weeks later. The problem was they had way too many kids and not enough counselors. They know who is on board in advance so I would have thought they would have planned for it.

Archived