Labadee beach Tour

Racing fan

Labadee is such a beautiful private island....why would you want to leave it?

Because some people don't like being confined to a compound that pretty much forces you into a beach day. And Labadee is not an island.

Because some people don't like being confined to a compound that pretty much forces you into a beach day. And Labadee is not an island.

Private RESORT.....I beg your pardon..

There is no reason for you to be nasty.

If that is what the OP's answer is, then so be it.

I DID NOT ASK YOU

The boat from Labadee takes you to a much quieter part of Labadee that is adults only. Being on Labadee twice it can get very crowded when the Oasis or Allure drops of 6000+ people.

True..it does get crowded at times. I am sure you will have a GREAT cruise...:)

Why is there such nastiness in some threads around here? Wowza..... :rolleyes:

Anyways, I was thinking about the private beach thing also, because when we go to Labadee there will be 2 ships there. I have a feeling that it will get very crowded.

The boat from Labadee takes you to a much quieter part of Labadee that is adults only. Being on Labadee twice it can get very crowded when the Oasis or Allure drops of 6000+ people.

6000 people dont get off the ship. Not even close

I didn't think it was crowded except when we went to get lunch (prime time in their defense). I did think it was poorly organized and kind of ugly though. I'll explain...

Poor organization examples

• the bar near Nellie's didn't physically have water or sodas until after lunch time.
  • the food area was an absolute free for all. No employees were around to explain what each line was for or where they began or ended.
  • the pay drink line and the free drink line were separate but no one was there to organize them so pay drink people ended up waiting while water and juice people decided what they wanted and waited for it to be poured.
  • the free drinks (water, tea & juice) were being poured to order. There should have been a well to pull from at least during prime lunch time and at least for water.
  • the chair people were up your butt at 10:30 but nowhere to be found after 12PM.

Ugly explaination

At Dr.'s Cave Beach Club in Jamaica (another port visited on the same cruise) the beach chairs were colorful and festive, the restaurant had nice tables and chairs and punchy, colorful umbrellas. There were fruit garnished drinks, the lobby was open air and lovely and the bathrooms were freshly painted and spotless. On Labadee the beach chairs are standard issue RCCL PVC & vinyl, the eating areas were summer camp-esq pavilions made of block and wood, drabbily painted and furnished with beat up picnic tables. The beach bar was brown and borning. The views and the water were of course spectacular and the cabanas looked nicer than anything else on the island but none of it held a candle to another other beach club you'd visit. I guess because it's free. There was just no style to the place.

6000 people dont get off the ship. Not even close

We have been on Labadee where most of the passengers 95% were getting off the Oasis and we had 6400 passengers on our cruise. Agreed, all of them do not get off at the same time but if you are looking for an adult quiet experience that is why RCCL dded it to the island.

I am not sure why people are just nasty when you ask a question maybe its their nature to be like that.

I didn't think it was crowded except when we went to get lunch (prime time in their defense). I did think it was poorly organized and kind of ugly though. I'll explain...

• the bar near Nellie's didn't physically have water or sodas until after lunch time.
  • the food area was an absolute free for all. No employees were around to explain what each line was for or where they began or ended.
  • the pay drink line and the free drink line were separate but no one was there to organize them so pay drink people ended up waiting while water and juice people decided what they wanted and waited for it to be poured.
  • the free drinks (water, tea & juice) were being poured to order. There should have been a well to pull from at least during prime lunch time and at least for water.
  • the chair people were up your butt at 10:30 but nowhere to be found after 12PM.

Ugly explaination

At Dr.'s Cave Beach Club in Jamaica (another port visited on the same cruise) the beach chairs were colorful and festive, the restaurant had nice tables and chairs and punchy, colorful umbrellas. There were fruit garnished drinks, the lobby was open air and lovely and the bathrooms were freshly painted and spotless. On Labadee the beach chairs are standard issue RCCL PVC & vinyl, the eating areas were summer camp-esq pavilions made of block and wood, drabbily painted and furnished with beat up picnic tables. The beach bar was brown and borning. The views and the water were of course spectacular and the cabanas looked nicer than anything else on the island but none of it held a candle to another other beach club you'd visit. I guess because it's free. There was just no style to the place.

ThBKS for the info on Jamaica.

Ugly explaination

it is so funny how different people have different views. We thought Dr Cave had the most uncomfortable chairs I have ever seen in my life! Just plain old deck chairs. I ended up sitting on a float all day. As far as food, my husband waited 1 1/2 hours for his food, finally went up to see what was going on and the waitress was smoking a joint. got his food - ice cold. Would not go back there in a gazillion years.

Labadee - gorgeous beach. Was just there. No one bugged us. Beach guy asked us if we wanted a chair and simply walked with us until we decided where we wanted to spend the day. No problem whatsoever.

Lunch buffet was great, waited until after the first lunch rush was over, then got in line and got our food in about 10 minutes and found a place to sit with no problem

Would take Labadee of jamaica any day of the week.

We have been on Labadee where most of the passengers 95% were getting off the Oasis and we had 6400 passengers on our cruise. Agreed, all of them do not get off at the same time but if you are looking for an adult quiet experience that is why RCCL dded it to the island.

I am not sure why people are just nasty when you ask a question maybe its their nature to be like that.

The Oasis holds 6296 passengers with every single bed filled. That means every quad was full and every triple was full and every double was full. All very unlikely as there are lots who are singles in their own cabin let along all other cabins full.

Would also like to know where you came up with 95% off the ship. Did you count?

ThBKS for the info on Jamaica.

Tee hee. I was just using that beach as a comparison since it's also a stop on the same cruise.

it is so funny how different people have different views. We thought Dr Cave had the most uncomfortable chairs I have ever seen in my life! Just plain old deck chairs. I ended up sitting on a float all day. As far as food, my husband waited 1 1/2 hours for his food, finally went up to see what was going on and the waitress was smoking a joint. got his food - ice cold. Would not go back there in a gazillion years.

Labadee - gorgeous beach. Was just there. No one bugged us. Beach guy asked us if we wanted a chair and simply walked with us until we decided where we wanted to spend the day. No problem whatsoever.

Lunch buffet was great, waited until after the first lunch rush was over, then got in line and got our food in about 10 minutes and found a place to sit with no problem

Oh my gosh... I wouldn't have been happy with that treatment either. Luckily that's not how it was for us. A lot of CC people had similar observations which is why I was so suprised to feel the exact opposite way. This is why I love CC BTW. It shows all sides.

The Oasis holds 6296 passengers with every single bed filled. That means every quad was full and every triple was full and every double was full. All very unlikely as there are lots who are singles in their own cabin let along all other cabins full.

Would also like to know where you came up with 95% off the ship. Did you count?[/quote

Give me a puppy break;I may be off by a couple of hundred people but I can can say the ship was almost deserted when we were in Labadee.

If you are asking about the sandbar island tour, we thought it was a great alternative. We were there last week. First you take a short ride over by catamaran and get a free rum punch. After that you pay for drinks. We got a bucket of 4beers for $10. The island is really just a sandbar, but pretty with trees in the middle. They provided floating beach mats, and there was a very small area to purchase souvenirs on the island. I recommend it! They have a page on Facebook.

Private RESORT.....I beg your pardon..

There is no reason for you to be nasty.

If that is what the OP's answer is, then so be it.

I DID NOT ASK YOU

You asked why anyone would want to leave Labadee. I gave you a reason. And I wasn't being nasty. Your interpretation of my post was off.

We did the Haitian Cultural Tour a couple of years back. Our family of 4 really enjoyed it. We took a small boat over to a different part of Haiti and then they gave you a rum punch and took 1/2 of the people on a tour.

Showed different plants i.e. pineapple and how they grow. Had a man weaving baskets and such and you could buy them, no pressure at all. Then they showed a typical house.

They also showed how they made peanut butter and a flat bread of some sort. They allowed taste tests if you were interested. They then talked a little about voo doo which is a part of some of their culture but not all. It was informative.

The other 1/2 of the people got to float on the beach mats or they had a pay "hut" bar set up on the beach. It was an absolutely BEAUTIFUL spot. Crystal Clear Water.

Not sure if this is still offered but it was called the Haitian Cultural Tour.

Tigers2425

Lori

If you are asking about the sandbar island tour, we thought it was a great alternative. We were there last week. First you take a short ride over by catamaran and get a free rum punch. After that you pay for drinks. We got a bucket of 4beers for $10. The island is really just a sandbar, but pretty with trees in the middle. They provided floating beach mats, and there was a very small area to purchase souvenirs on the island. I recommend it! They have a page on Facebook.

Does this tour include a meal, or is there the standard buffet?

teddie

We did the Haitian Cultural Tour a couple of years back. Our family of 4 really enjoyed it. We took a small boat over to a different part of Haiti and then they gave you a rum punch and took 1/2 of the people on a tour.

Showed different plants i.e. pineapple and how they grow. Had a man weaving baskets and such and you could buy them, no pressure at all. Then they showed a typical house.

They also showed how they made peanut butter and a flat bread of some sort. They allowed taste tests if you were interested. They then talked a little about voo doo which is a part of some of their culture but not all. It was informative.

The other 1/2 of the people got to float on the beach mats or they had a pay "hut" bar set up on the beach. It was an absolutely BEAUTIFUL spot. Crystal Clear Water.

Not sure if this is still offered but it was called the Haitian Cultural Tour.

Tigers2425

Lori

We did this tour last year. Thought it was ok and bought a few things. MY DD who travels to Haiti frequently laughed when I told her what we paid....I guess the itiems are much cheaper inland. The man who runs the tour pays the Haitians working there 10.00 per week. He makes a good amount of money for this tour he runs. I thought it was informative but so geared to the tourist. :)

• 2 months later...

Hi Karen,

Question. Is Dr.'s Cave Beach Club in Jamaica an excursion chjoice with RCCL or is something you do on your own?

Thanks

:)

• 3 months later...

Did the tour seem authentic? Were there any Hiatian children in the "village"? Would they allow you to bring treats like candy to give to the natives? Would children like going on this tour or would it be boring for them. My teenage daughter loves learning about other cultures, but can smell a fake set up a mile away. Please advise...

Archived