Do Cruise Tour days count towards Mariner?

GregnChris

From the Marine Society FAQ's on HAL's site:

"For Holland America Line Alaska and Yukon cruisetours, a cruise day credit is granted for total tour days, including days touring on land. Pre and Post cruise packages are excluded."

So, yes, land days on a cruisetour count ... but the statement implies that adding extra hotel nights pre- or post-cruise/cruisetour will not count.

Yes tour days count and if you stay in a suite it counts double. We did a 14 day cruise tour last year and it counted as 13 days plus the suite bonus for the 13 days too.

Cliffy

Apology to the OP, but on the topic of Mariner status, does purchasing a future cruise deposit while on board count toward Mariner status? Thanks, -S.

No, it does not ... the Mariner bonus days for spending are based on purchases specific to the booking/confirmation number, either before sailing or charged to one's onboard account. The Future Cruise Deposits are charged separately and do not show up on the onboard account.

Thanks, pms4104, I wondered about that because neither my pre-voyage booked ship tours or Pinnacle Grill chargers showed on my onboard account. Yet, if I understand correctly, those charges do count toward Mariner status, despite the fact that they don't appear on my on board charges, just as a future cruise deposit does not appear (but while a future cruise credit does not count toward Mariner status, the other charges that don't show on the in-cabin folio charges do count.) Regards, -S.

Thanks, pms4104, I wondered about that because neither my pre-voyage booked ship tours or Pinnacle Grill chargers showed on my onboard account. Yet, if I understand correctly, those charges do count toward Mariner status, despite the fact that they don't appear on my on board charges, just as a future cruise deposit does not appear. Regards, -S.

While your pre-purchases do not show on your onboard account, they are tracked for Mariner status, as they are attached to your booking/confirmation number. And anything attached to that number counts, even if a friend not sailing with you buys you flowers or a bucket of beer, those amounts also count toward status.

While your pre-purchases do not show on your onboard account, they are tracked for Mariner status, as they are attached to your booking/confirmation number. And anything attached to that number counts, even if a friend not sailing with you buys you flowers or a bucket of beer, those amounts also count toward status.

Thanks for the info, pms4104. That was going to be my next question. You must be clarvoyant! :)

Greg

• 2 weeks later...

So, if I do a 19 day cruise tour (12 on land/7 at sea) that counts as 19 mariner cruise days? And my excursions (whether I pre-purchased or bought them during the cruise/tour) count at the rate of every $300 = 1 cruise day? Is that only the excursions I take while on the ship or all excursions?

:)

I think it's great that cruisetour days count towards Mariner status. Our first cruise was to Alaska on Princess, with a lengthy land tour included. I've always wondered why the land tour days didn't count towards our status.

I think it's great that cruisetour days count towards Mariner status. Our first cruise was to Alaska on Princess, with a lengthy land tour included. I've always wondered why the land tour days didn't count towards our status.

You might try contacting the Captain's Circle....they may now give you credit for those land tour days....

So, if I do a 19 day cruise tour (12 on land/7 at sea) that counts as 19 mariner cruise days? And my excursions (whether I pre-purchased or bought them during the cruise/tour) count at the rate of every $300 = 1 cruise day? Is that only the excursions I take while on the ship or all excursions?

Yes, assuming the 19 days you mention are packaged and sold as a cruisetour, you would get 19 Mariner days.

As for the spending ... sorry, I don't know if the additional Mariner days based on spending are for only the cruise days or for the total cruisetour. You might email the Mariner Society and ask for their interpretation/ruling.

Yes, assuming the 19 days you mention are packaged and sold as a cruisetour, you would get 19 Mariner days.

As for the spending ... sorry, I don't know if the additional Mariner days based on spending are for only the cruise days or for the total cruisetour. You might email the Mariner Society and ask for their interpretation/ruling.

Thanks for the reply, in the meantime I sat down and re-read the Mariner Program info on the website. Probably something I should have done before I asked the question.:o

We booked the 19 day Y4T cruise tour, but it only counts as 18 mariner days because a mariner day is any day ending with an overnight and we were 19 days on the trip, but only stayed overnight 18 nights.

And all the tours (both on land and from the ship) were counted in our extra days, yippeee!

So now we are 2 star!

Archived