Paradise review for 5/28-6/1 coming soon....

girl's birthdays, so DH slipped a note to the band to wish her a happy BD. They were a hoot, they had already ordered Long Island Tea from Vera and were feeling good. They were from Ga and as bout as backwoods as they come. (their words) One of them said they live in the wood, no house phone, no computer and guess what her DH and SIL where doing while they were cruising? Driving their covered wagon, wait, let me say that again, COVERED WAGON from GA to VA.:eek: WT??? I said, Uh what pulls the wagon, well silly me, a burro of course. Are you pulling my leg? No way the other girl says, they have a wagon and it takes 4 days to travel, they camp in it and everything. On a highway? I really need to get out of FL. lol Well the next bright question I ask is, "OK, so what do ya do if ya get a flat?" "Call AAA and request an a**? " She looks at me and says "No, ya shoot it just like a horse!" Bartender give me another!!!

OMG, I almost peed my pants!!! :eek::eek: You are a HOOT! Congrats on another great cruise and may many more be in your future. Sure wish we lived down THERE or you lived up HERE (we are 20 minutes from cruise terminal in Manhattan) so we could cruise together. I am going to be hungover tomorrow just from reading this lol! :p ENJOY every minute of whatever brings your way and thank you for taking us on this journey with you! :)

girl's birthdays, so DH slipped a note to the band to wish her a happy BD. They were a hoot, they had already ordered Long Island Tea from Vera and were feeling good. They were from Ga and as bout as backwoods as they come. (their words) One of them said they live in the wood, no house phone, no computer and guess what her DH and SIL where doing while they were cruising? Driving their covered wagon, wait, let me say that again, COVERED WAGON from GA to VA.:eek: WT??? I said, Uh what pulls the wagon, well silly me, a burro of course. Are you pulling my leg? No way the other girl says, they have a wagon and it takes 4 days to travel, they camp in it and everything. On a highway? I really need to get out of FL. lol Well the next bright question I ask is, "OK, so what do ya do if ya get a flat?" "Call AAA and request an a**? " She looks at me and says "No, ya shoot it just like a horse!" Bartender give me another!!!

OMG, I almost peed my pants!!! :eek::eek: You are a HOOT! Congrats on another great cruise and may many more be in your future. Sure wish we lived down THERE or you lived up HERE (we are 20 minutes from cruise terminal in Manhattan) so we could cruise together. I am going to be hungover tomorrow just from reading this lol! :p ENJOY every minute of whatever brings your way and thank you for taking us on this journey with you! :)

Lol, "You ain't cool unless you pee your pants!" - Billy Madison

Thank you! Life is what you make it and we try to live it large and have fun! I'm think I'm partial to you living down HERE, its warmer!!!:D

Happy Sailing,

Awesome review Lisa!! I'm feeling a wee bit drunk :eek: If I wasn't on the Breeze in November, I'd be on the Sensation with you!! :D

Thank you, it would be cool to group cruise with ya'll! So jealous, I luv the Breeze, I am going to book a BTB for Nov 2013! I'm so excited!

Happy Sailing,

Next on the agenda was decorating the door, now my son thought mom was crazy for doing this, but after a late night of drinking he informed me it was a great idea, made it very easy for him to find the room!:p He also later noticed people trying to open other people's door because they had forgotten their room number and of course all doors look alike!

Paradise2012Cruise151.jpg

[/color][/b]

hahaha this s pretty cool. i am enjoing reading your review. :D

Thursday, Cozumel!

We woke up fairly early for Coz, even though we didn't have to meet our guide until 12:15. Excitement! We were all really looking forward to this port. Reason #1, the eastside of Coz looks gorgeous, #2 Tequila:p That is my drink of choice, margaritas, shots, you name it and I drink it. I can hold my tequila better than most so a chance to drink real mexican margarita's was at the top of my list!

@ bold...Girl I hear you...I love LOVE Tequila too...OMG!!

Edited by Cruise_Q

Thursday, Cozumel!

We woke up fairly early for Coz, even though we didn't have to meet our guide until 12:15. Excitement! We were all really looking forward to this port. Reason #1, the eastside of Coz looks gorgeous, #2 Tequila:p That is my drink of choice, margaritas, shots, you name it and I drink it. I can hold my tequila better than most so a chance to drink real mexican margarita's was at the top of my list!

@ bold...Girl I hear you...I love LOVE Tequila too...OMG!!

Then you WILL love this excurion!!!

thanks again for your great review, we are on the Paradise soon and have been following your posts, loved them. A few questions I thought you might be able to help us with, I've been told by some that there are hairdryers in the rooms and by others there are not ? I also heard there is a talent show, is it for adults or just kids ?

thanks again for your great review, we are on the Paradise soon and have been following your posts, loved them. A few questions I thought you might be able to help us with, I've been told by some that there are hairdryers in the rooms and by others there are not ? I also heard there is a talent show, is it for adults or just kids ?

Thanks! I think some specific rooms have blowdryers, but I can only speak for the inside, no window, it did not have one, but others have said your steward will bring one for you, I have a small travel fold up one I always bring.

I don't remember reading about a talent show and they didn't show that on the tv, (they run different game shows and stuff over and over) but I will try to take another look at my Funtimes for you.

Happy Sailing,

No blowdryers on the paradise. You can ask the room steward for one, but have to take turns. one of the ladies at our dining table had to borrow one and it didn't work out very convenient. my daughter & I brought our own for our cabins.

no talent show on the Paradise. I read where the Liberty had auditions for their Legends show, maybe that's it.

I have a couple of questions; we will be on the Paradise next month.

1. Is there a steak house on the Paradise? Were there specialty dining areas on the Lido deck where you could obtain sushi or Indian food? How about fish & chips?

2. Is there a jacuzzi in the spa area?

3. How is the overall condition of the ship, given it's a little older?

4. Was there mini golf or volleyball?

Thanks.

No blowdryers on the paradise. You can ask the room steward for one, but have to take turns. one of the ladies at our dining table had to borrow one and it didn't work out very convenient. my daughter & I brought our own for our cabins.

no talent show on the Paradise. I read where the Liberty had auditions for their Legends show, maybe that's it.

Different ships do have the talent show, it may depend on the length of your cruise, on our 6 day Freedom they did have one.

Happy Sailing,

I have a couple of questions; we will be on the Paradise next month.

1. Is there a steak house on the Paradise? Were there specialty dining areas on the Lido deck where you could obtain sushi or Indian food? How about fish & chips? No steakhouse, yes on sushi, I have a pic in my review of the sushi bar open 5:30-8:30 and Lido buffet also offered sushi. Lido has the Grill and Mongolian bbq.

2. Is there a jacuzzi in the spa area? I did not take a tour of the spa except for the "free" things which was a sauna & steam room w/lockers and showers.

3. How is the overall condition of the ship, given it's a little older? Fairly good, they refurbished carpets etc in February, not sure if you have taken a look at my review yet, but I posted lots of pics for everyone to help them get an idea of her condition.:)

4. Was there mini golf or volleyball? Mini golf yes, volleyball no.

Thanks.

Hope you have a great cruise.

Happy Sailing,

Only got as far as page 6 and had to comment.

You all seem like great people to cruise with! (Join us Dec. 10th, 2012 on the Paradise!)

I've done the Bar Hop a few times and it's always a blast! She was our guide once too and so nice. Did you see the "special" menu at Coconuts? Not a menu at all but pix of ladies topless...

I noticed the rubber stopper in the bathroom sink on board. Strange...

More space there than on Inspiration.

A few differences in the lay out between the 2 ships by the pool and in the Serenity area.

Your pix are fabulous and the review is really covering everything, down to the toilet paper!

Thanks for all the hard work.

Only got as far as page 6 and had to comment.

You all seem like great people to cruise with! (Join us Dec. 10th, 2012 on the Paradise!)

I've done the Bar Hop a few times and it's always a blast! She was our guide once too and so nice. Did you see the "special" menu at Coconuts? Not a menu at all but pix of ladies topless...

I noticed the rubber stopper in the bathroom sink on board. Strange...

More space there than on Inspiration.

A few differences in the lay out between the 2 ships by the pool and in the Serenity area.

Your pix are fabulous and the review is really covering everything, down to the toilet paper!

Thanks for all the hard work.

Lol, I wish I could join yaw in December, however, I have a surprise 50th BD Sensation cruise 11/1, I booked 2 cabins ES and invited some other friends to join us, it would be cool if everybody wanting to cruise with us on this review could come! Party!!! :eek::D We'll have to stay in touch and possibly plan something in the future.:) Glad you enjoyed my pics....

Happy Sailing,

Thanks for posting your review. I really enjoyed reading it. Thanks for the numerous photos also. Looks like you had a great time. My first cruise on Carnival was on the Paradise way back in 2003, so it was nice to see all the photos of the ship (especially of the Rex Dance Club) as I have fond memories of that trip.

is there no water works? I thought all of the Fantasy ships had it? great review we were on the Pardise when she was brand new in 99 for our honeymoon and we are taking the kids this August just book it today we are very lucky we live only 35 mins. from port of tampa.

No waterworks, Paradise is schedule for upgrades 2015. Glad you liked the review, how nice you live so close!

Have a great cruise,

Lisa

Thanks for posting your review. I really enjoyed reading it. Thanks for the numerous photos also. Looks like you had a great time. My first cruise on Carnival was on the Paradise way back in 2003, so it was nice to see all the photos of the ship (especially of the Rex Dance Club) as I have fond memories of that trip.

Your welcome! Glad you enjoyed it!

Happy Sailing,