1st cruise in 5 days

jjjk444

Hi;)

Few questions-we sail this coming Monday on the Destiny and was wondering:

what is the best deck to get a chair without the craziness of the Lido deck?? Also are there blo dryers in the rooms?? What do you do with wrinkly clothes? Is there an iron in the room?? We have an afternoon flight on debark day and is there a way we can get off the ship first?? Thanks so much for any answers to these questions.

Hi;)

what is the best deck to get a chair without the craziness of the Lido deck?? Also are there blo dryers in the rooms?? What do you do with wrinkly clothes? Is there an iron in the room?? We have an afternoon flight on debark day and is there a way we can get off the ship first?? Thanks so much for any answers to these questions.

1. all of the decks (9, 10, 11) are open to the Lido deck so just walk around until you find a spot you like. We liked going to 11 (where the entrance to the slide is) and people watching.

2. Blo dryers in every room

3.for slightly wrinkled clothes you can hang in the bathroom while you shower and get some steam to take wrinkles out, or buy the DE-wrinkle spray or head down to the laundry room (each deck has one) No iron in your cabin

4 for debarkation, let them know you have an early flight and they will get you off early. Otherwise, you have to wait until your zone is called.

Enjoy the Destiny!

Hi;)

1. Not sure.

2.Yes, But i bring my own.

3.Downy wrinkle release, no irons in the room, laundry room has irons.

4.Yes self assist, carry your luggage off and you should be fine.

5. Have a Great Cruise!:D

Hi JJJk444,

In regards to irons, they can be found in the Destiny laundry rooms, located at:

Deck 1, Riviera. Across from cabin 1253 & 1255.

Deck 2, Main. Across from cabin 2253 & 2255

Deck 6, Upper. Across from cabin 6289 & 6291

Deck 7, Empress. Across from cabin 7239 & 7241

Deck 8, Verandah. Across from cabin 8249 & 8251

Deck 9, Lido. Across from cabin 9188 & 9190

https://www.goccl.com/irman/bookccl/the_fleet/interactive_map/destiny/interactivemap.html

Have a wonderful vacation!

:)

OP here and not being silly at all! I have learned so much on these boards except for these few things. This may be a silly question, but do you just go in the laundry room and iron yourself??

OP here and not being silly at all! I have learned so much on these boards except for these few things. This may be a silly question, but do you just go in the laundry room and iron yourself??

Hi...the irons are free, just go to the laundry room/s.

Have a great cruise !! The "first" is always special :)

Hi;)

As for the deck if you just want peace and quiet - it's on Deck 3, the Lobby Deck. Go out either side from the atrium. The chairs are very comfy and most of them in the shade, but you can find some sun if that's what you want. My DH naps and I read. Love, love, love that deck!

perfect deck 3 it is! So do you just grab an iron and take it back to your room??

No, no irons allowed in rooms. It is a fire hazard. You have to wait your turn in the laundry room. Some of the irons have seen their better days, but they'll do for a quick touch up. I prefer to hang what I'm going to wear in the bathroom and let the shower steam out the wrinkles. I iron before I pack, so it is just to get any creases out.

JJJ - Here's another tip on the Destiny. For some wonderful star gazing, go to the front of the ship and out the "secret door" on Deck 6 or 7. It will be hard to open because the wind is so strong. But if it is a clear night, you will see the most beautiful and romantic night sky.

I would iron your clothes instead of your self. That just might create problems. No that is being silly.

Yes go to the laundry room and use the iron if it is available.

We ironed all dh shirts the night before we left then we covered them with a trah bag on the hanger in our garment bag. Kinda like a bag from the cleaners and have never had a problem with wrinkles.

Btw. Have a wonderful cruise. The first cruise is the best.

Kathy

Have a great first cruise!! It's not one of your questions but the best advise I got before my first cruise was to take a backpack with a bathing suit in it. If you board before your luggage gets to the room you can change in a bathroom and enjoy the pool without as many people!!

Hi;)

what is the best deck to get a chair without the craziness of the Lido deck??

Also are there blo dryers in the rooms??

What do you do with wrinkly clothes?

Is there an iron in the room??

We have an afternoon flight on debark day and is there a way we can get off the ship first?? Thanks so much for any answers to these questions.

I always go to the top to get the nice breeze. The closer to the pool the busier.

Yes

No....there are normally laundry rooms with them available though.

De-wrinkle spray first and then hang in bathroom while showering.

Yes...if you self debark you can be the first ones off the ship.

We always go to the 10 or 11th deck, it's way more peaceful than by Lido deck and you catch the nice breeze!! I am sure there is a blow dryer in the cabin, I always bring my own. It will take forever to dry my hair with theirs!! About the de-wrinkling, I bring downy wrinkle release. You can also hang them up in the shower and let the steam do it. If you want to use the iron, I would suggest go the day before so your not waiting in line to use it last minute!!

Enjoy your first cruise!! Its so special!! Welcome to the addiction!!!

OP congratulations! The Destiny is a lovely ship:)

The earlier you get up to lido deck the better, we picked seats up above to get the breeze.

i'm a big fan of wrinkle release. Bring a wire hanger, put the item in the shower and spray and smooth away.

Archived