Changes in Loyalty Program???

Crystal314

Anyone have an actual data in regards to all the hubub for upcoming changes in Carnival's loyalty program? I keep hearing/reading different things. The VIFP thing just seems too complicated for Carnival's style to me. Anyone??? Anything???

Anyone have an actual data in regards to all the hubub for upcoming changes in Carnival's loyalty program? I keep hearing/reading different things. The VIFP thing just seems too complicated for Carnival's style to me. Anyone??? Anything???

No announcement until June 11 I think...

I talked to my PVP from Carnival today and i was told it would be either Friday or early next week but i was told i'm secure in my quest for the Platinium because i'm booked on my tenth cruise were just sitting and waiting right now!!!!!

I talked to my PVP from Carnival today and i was told it would be either Friday or early next week but i was told i'm secure in my quest for the Platinium because i'm booked on my tenth cruise were just sitting and waiting right now!!!!!

lol as long as YOU get to platinum. who cares if they take away perks, revalue cruises already taken and pretty much show they dont care about those who are in the category where they took even more cruises. I read a lot of folks who are in the 18ish cruises taken, who lose perks and find themselves far from the new diamond if rumors are true.

Frankly I cant believe they would really put forward the new program as rumors have it.

Most of us are thinking .. how can they hang John out to dry and make him look like a liar, when he kept promising no loss of perks, and that we would love it.. hope the rumors are wrong. either John has lied to us, or the rumors are untrue.. take you pick. We will know by next Monday supposedly.

has John Heald trademarked brilliant ? LOL

People keep saying .. well John did not say who it was brillant for .. the pax or for Carnival?

.. though he did say we would love it.

Do you think John really has been kept totally in the dark and clueless and didnt know?? .. or that what we saw wasnt the total program.. surely there is more that we dont know. I have my fingers crossed that we dont know the whole of it.

Possibly a slight change :confused::confused: Just a guess

I'm also expecting some adjustments (plan B) after all those negative comments here on CC and JH FB page.

The Breeze is out, so guess they are back in Miami and doing some last minute changes before the official announcement on Monday.

There is only a small percentage of cruisers that are on Cruise Critic so I don't think all of this complaining is going to affect Carnival at all. I personally hope that what was leaked is not the real new program because I think the Diamond level needs some real perks instead of the old Platinum perks plus "an invite from the Captain" to do something. If the one time perks were offered on every cruise, I would be a lot happier. They also need to bring back the free slot tourney. In reality, we just have to wait until Monday to be officially happy or sad.

There is only a small percentage of cruisers that are on Cruise Critic so I don't think all of this complaining is going to affect Carnival at all. I personally hope that what was leaked is not the real new program because I think the Diamond level needs some real perks instead of the old Platinum perks plus "an invite from the Captain" to do something. If the one time perks were offered on every cruise, I would be a lot happier. They also need to bring back the free slot tourney. In reality, we just have to wait until Monday to be officially happy or sad.

around 100 hours

Just an interesting sidenote - it appears ONLY those close to Platinum will be grandfathered. I called and asked what happens to Gold level cruisers - do they retain Gold regardless of number of days and the answer was "only if they already have 25 nights". Kind of a bummer since part of my family doesn't ... but again, I'm waiting for the "official" announcement and wishing there was a way to slam 10 cruise nights in before June 25 for my middle daughter, but alas, it's too close.

So on our next cruise, 2 of us will be red, 2 gold with one grandfathered into Platinum as long as she hits one more cruise in the next 18 months, and one of us will be Platinum.

I just dont understand why they dont grandfather everyone in at whatever level they are currently at. Why not grandfather Gold into the new Gold. Its not like it will cost them that much. After all, Gold members only get a one time pin, a free drink on each cruise, invite to the past guest party and an occasional email with member only offers. Like that will cost them a BUNCH of money!

I just dont understand why they dont grandfather everyone in at whatever level they are currently at. Why not grandfather Gold into the new Gold. Its not like it will cost them that much. After all, Gold members only get a one time pin, a free drink on each cruise, invite to the past guest party and an occasional email with member only offers. Like that will cost them a BUNCH of money!

But according to the Great legend JH it is not "BRILLIANT" LOL

I just sent in a survey for a cruise on the Sensation. Here is what I put in the last comment box:

This was our 7th cruise and we have 2 more booked in Aug/Sep to get us to VIP status for our Med Cruise on the Breeze on Oct 25th. We are doing B2B with Med and TA. Well, the new VIFP program would change that for us and would NOT be Platinum until our 75 sailing day, which would occur on the TA cruise. The info here is based on what has been leaked about the changes to the loyalty program. We are not happy about it with us being so close to our goal!

I figured it couldn't hurt to say something.

But according to the Great legend JH it is not "BRILLIANT" LOL

I guess you are right cruisercrazy69. I guess only "Brilliant" ideas made it into the new VIFP Program and clealy grandfathering everyone just wasnt Brilliant enough! :cool:

Ouch, just thought of this. If they will be occasionally emailing 'member only' offers, does that mean they are going to do away with the generic past guest rates, which was one thing that Carnival has that other lines don't seem to

I just sent in a survey for a cruise on the Sensation. Here is what I put in the last comment box:

This was our 7th cruise and we have 2 more booked in Aug/Sep to get us to VIP status for our Med Cruise on the Breeze on Oct 25th. We are doing B2B with Med and TA. Well, the new VIFP program would change that for us and would NOT be Platinum until our 75 sailing day, which would occur on the TA cruise. The info here is based on what has been leaked about the changes to the loyalty program. We are not happy about it with us being so close to our goal!

I figured it couldn't hurt to say something.

Survey i have been on 9 cruise's and the last time i saw a survey was way back in 2006 they never send these to me i guess they don't need my 2 cents:cool::D

Archived