Live From Carnival Breeze: Questions, Comments, Cocktails on Me?

Dan Askin

I can't wait to read your reviews. We will be on the Breeze on July 7th - 21st. I have 18 and a 17 year old daughters, very mature, will they be allowed on the "adult only" area? we like to stick together and they enjoy a quieter atmosphere. We were on the Oasis (Royal Caribbean) and they "adult only" area was not enforced.

How about following the rules like everyone else in society?

I can't wait to read your reviews. We will be on the Breeze on July 7th - 21st. I have 18 and a 17 year old daughters, very mature, will they be allowed on the "adult only" area? we like to stick together and they enjoy a quieter atmosphere. We were on the Oasis (Royal Caribbean) and they "adult only" area was not enforced.

I emailed john asking about the serenity deck because my girlfriend is 20. I was told that strictly nobody under 21 is permitted onto the serenity deck... Someone off the inaugural replied to the post saying that there was people checking for anyone they suspected to be under 21... Shame...

I emailed john asking about the serenity deck because my girlfriend is 20. I was told that strictly nobody under 21 is permitted onto the serenity deck... Someone off the inaugural replied to the post saying that there was people checking for anyone they suspected to be under 21... Shame...

I went last year and I was 20 (2 months before I was 21) and no one said anything.....

I really hope that is the case this year then!!

yeah...i mean...I was chill and quiet and everything and got in the hot tub and talked to some people...and no one said anything to me... so.. i mean the worst they can do to you is to not come back...lol its not like they will throw you over board :P

Where did we lose Dan to?:confused: Hope everything's ok...

Everything's grand. I opted to only stay onboard for a week, so I'm back at the office producing eletters, editing cruise news and updating ship reviews. Did write a "hits & misses" recap, keeping in mind that the ship is only on its second cruise:

http://www.cruisecritic.com/blog/index.php/2012/06/25/14-hits-and-misses-from-carnival-breeze/?isalt=0

Just booked a Spa Balcony for January 19th sailing. Love the spa deck and hope to love the Breeze.:):)

LOL! Me too! Maybe we'll be neighbors! :D

Thanks IntelGuy, and for others who have asked, the spa "guide" who took me around said that there are no day passes.

YAY!!! :D (totally selfish comment, but I can't help myself)

I don't know if you'd know this or not, but are the balconies on spa deck 12 uncovered? I heard some people had bad luck with banana peels and trash being thrown down from above and that they lack privacy. I've been trying to get a hold of my PVP to move us down to 11, but he hasn't gotten back with me yet... dunno if I should bother with trying to move or not?

Hi Dan,

Thank you so much for doing this, much appreciated - and also serves as a way to not only procrastinate from my work, but also get me super excited for our cruise on the Breeze this September.

I do have a couple of questions if you wouldn't mind answering them:

Firstly, the gym. I am aware that you can go into the gym free of charge (would LOVE to see piccies by the way - i've heard great things!) but is there anything in the spa which you can go into without paying for a package - like the sauna or steam rooms?

Also were there any fitness classes - which were no surcharge - I looked on a funtimes and I think there was yoga which is extra...anything like aerobics??

And finally, I would also love to know about the afternoon tea? Was it available, and if so, did you attend? Being a Brit I couldn't miss it if it was offered, but I would obviously be concerned about the volume of people which would be interested?!

Thanks so much, Kelly.

Thank You. Am going on the July 9th Breeze. Was wondering if there are shuttles that take you to or near the train stations in Liverno and Civitavecchia. Any excursions you would recommend?

If you go to the Italy board (Ports of Call) you will get a lot of information about DIY tours.

Civitavecchia has a free shuttle bus from the ship to the port gates and from there it is a 10 minute or so walk to the train station.

Livorno is more complicated. There is a shuttle to Piazza Grande (paid) and from there you can catch the #1 bus to the train station, every 15 minutes. Might be easier to share a cab to the station from the port- about 20- 30 euros.

Everything's grand. I opted to only stay onboard for a week, so I'm back at the office producing eletters, editing cruise news and updating ship reviews. Did write a "hits & misses" recap, keeping in mind that the ship is only on its second cruise:

http://www.cruisecritic.com/blog/index.php/2012/06/25/14-hits-and-misses-from-carnival-breeze/?isalt=0

Glad to hear all is well...thanks for the Hits & Misses and for sharing all your info!:)

No spa passes...ever? Why would it be different then the Dream or Magic? I have been on both of those ships and always got the week spa pass? Was it sold out?

If I read the above post correctly, it sounds like no DAY passes...they gave pricing for the week passes;)

If you go to the Italy board (Ports of Call) you will get a lot of information about DIY tours.

Civitavecchia has a free shuttle bus from the ship to the port gates and from there it is a 10 minute or so walk to the train station.

Livorno is more complicated. There is a shuttle to Piazza Grande (paid) and from there you can catch the #1 bus to the train station, every 15 minutes. Might be easier to share a cab to the station from the port- about 20- 30 euros.

Thanks maryann, had on it on my list to find out, but wondering if anyone knows and can share the cost of the 'Rome on Your Own" excursion ($70) vs. taking the (free) shuttle bus and train.

Thanks maryann, had on it on my list to find out, but wondering if anyone knows and can share the cost of the 'Rome on Your Own" excursion ($70) vs. taking the (free) shuttle bus and train.

I did this last October and the BIRG ticket which includes return train ticket and metro and buses all day in Rome was 9 euros. The price has now gone up to 12 euros.

Sure, been slowing putting this together ... going to be a visual thing. Hope to get it in by early next week, but in the meantime:

Cucina, dinner: $12 adults, $5 kids (past bar lunch is surcharge-free)

RedFrog apps: $3.33

Bonsai Sushi: a la carte (will give you my bill tonight)

Steakhouse: $35 pp

5D: $7.95 for one ticket, $14.95 unlimited

Plaza Cafe: a la carte for cakes, gelato

Cafe latte, espresso, cappuccino in the MDR: $2 or $2.95

To be continued ... have to run to an interview.

Dan

Dan so they charge now for the espresso and cappuccino in the MDR?

Hey Dan! You could have stayed on for the whole 12 days but opted to get off early? Was the cruise that awful? lol. I cannot imagine opting to get off before I had to...

Hey Dan! You could have stayed on for the whole 12 days but opted to get off early? Was the cruise that awful? lol. I cannot imagine opting to get off before I had to...

Had to get back to the day-to-day CC stuff (news coverage, ship review updates, newsletter production, etc.)!

Archived