What happened to the Dec 2013 schedule?

My guess is that they are reworking December. My TA expects to see December, 2013 released around October, 2012. It was surprising to see an itinerary for the Mariner so early. They may just release everything in October (December 2013 - maybe mid-2014?)

Hi Travelcat2,

Reworking December? We are booked on the December 8, 2013 sailing of the Mariner from Rio to Buenos Aires. Should we be concerned?

We were booked on the following leg, Buenos Aires. to Lima. Regent may have cancelled as the RSSC site no longer shows it as a booked cruise and the system won't accept our confirmation number.

Heard from my TA and it is just as travelcat2 said. Regent is changing (reworking) the itinerary and/or amount of days for some Mariner cruises. Since this just happened, there is no additional information available. My TA will let me know as soon as she learns anything.

We were booked on the following leg, Buenos Aires. to Lima. Regent may have cancelled as the RSSC site no longer shows it as a booked cruise and the system won't accept our confirmation number.

We are also on this cruise. Thought it was too early to do a roll call but it will be interesting to see how and if it is changed.

I just heard from a Regent Personal Vacation Consultant and nothing much has changed, except that we will know about any December 2013 itinerary changes by the end of next week.

Here is the email I received:

We are making minor changes to a few itineraries in December.

Guests who will be effected will receive an email the end of next week.

The email will be sent to your travel agent.

That’s all the information that I have.

Regent website now shows two cruises for Mariner in December 2013, cut & pasted below:

Dec 8-20 (Rio to BA)

Dec 08 Sun Rio de Janeiro, Brazil Elegant Casual

Dec 09 Mon Rio de Janeiro, Brazil Elegant Casual 8:00 pm

Dec 10 Tue Búzios, Brazil Elegant Casual 8:00 am 6:00 pm

Dec 11 Wed Ilha Grande, Brazil Elegant Casual 8:00 am 6:00 pm

Dec 12 Thu Paraty, Brazil Elegant Casual 8:00 am 6:00 pm

Dec 13 Fri Santos, Brazil Elegant Casual 8:00 am 6:00 pm

Dec 14 Sat Porto Belo, Brazil Elegant Casual 9:00 am 6:00 pm

Dec 15 Sun Cruise the Atlantic Ocean, International Waters Elegant Casual

Dec 16 Mon Rio Grande, Brazil Elegant Casual 8:00 am 5:00 pm

Dec 17 Tue Punta Del Este, Uruguay Elegant Casual 9:00 am 6:00 pm

Dec 18 Wed Montevideo, Uruguay Elegant Casual 8:00 am 6:00 pm

Dec 19 Thu Buenos Aires, Argentina Elegant Casual 7:00 am

Dec 20 Fri Buenos Aires, Argentina

Dec 20-Jan 4 (BA to Rio (change from Lima)

Dec 20 Fri Buenos Aires, Argentina Elegant Casual

Dec 21 Sat Buenos Aires, Argentina Elegant Casual 6:00 pm

Dec 22 Sun Montevideo, Uruguay Elegant Casual 8:00 am

Dec 23 Mon Montevideo, Uruguay Elegant Casual 8:00 pm

Dec 24 Tue Punta Del Este, Uruguay Elegant Casual 8:00 am 6:00 pm

Dec 25 Wed Cruise the Atlantic Ocean, International Waters Elegant Casual

Dec 26 Thu Rio Grande, Brazil Elegant Casual 8:00 am 6:00 pm

Dec 27 Fri Cruise the Atlantic Ocean, International Waters Elegant Casual

Dec 28 Sat Porto Belo, Brazil Elegant Casual 8:00 am 6:00 pm

Dec 29 Sun Santos, Brazil Elegant Casual 8:00 am 8:00 pm

Dec 30 Mon Paraty, Brazil Elegant Casual 8:00 am 6:00 pm

Dec 31 Tue Ilha Grande, Brazil Elegant Casual 8:00 am 6:00 pm

Jan 01 Wed Cruise the Atlantic Ocean, International Waters Elegant Casual

Jan 02 Thu Búzios, Brazil Elegant Casual 8:00 am 6:00 pm

Jan 03 Fri Rio de Janeiro, Brazil Elegant Casual 8:00 am

Jan 04 Sat Rio de Janeiro, Brazil Elegant Casua

"Dec 20-Jan 4 (BA to Rio (change from Lima)"

That doesn't sound like a minor change, does it?

I thought the Rio-BA route was considered less desirable than the rest of the SA route. I wonder why they're doing it twice.

This sounds like a huge change, presumably not including Chile and the wonderful fjords that are en route between BA and Lima.

I have done Rio-BA and find it a fairly boring itinerary (apart from Rio and BA themselves).

Hello Wes,

Thanks for the update. I see that RSSC added on-board overnight stays pre and post cruise making the Dec 8 cruise a 12 night cruise.

Since we booked well before these changes, do you think RSSC will charge us for the difference in cruise fare?

Thanks.

Hi Snackdaddy, You're welcome.

To answer your question on a charge or not for the Regent directed change from a 10 nite cruise to a 12 nite voyage, I just called one of the Regent pro's I have worked with for some time. He said he believed you will not be charged for the extension (two more nites). He believes those who book now for the 12 night cruise will be charged. To be certain, pls have your TA check or if you booked directly with Regent the Regent point of contact on you invoice will answer. Pls keep us posted.

Hi Snackdaddy, You're welcome.

To answer your question on a charge or not for the Regent directed change from a 10 nite cruise to a 12 nite voyage, I just called one of the Regent pro's I have worked with for some time. He said he believed you will not be charged for the extension (two more nites). He believes those who book now for the 12 night cruise will be charged. To be certain, pls have your TA check or if you booked directly with Regent the Regent point of contact on you invoice will answer. Pls keep us posted.

Thanks a bunch and will do!!!!! :D

Hi Wes,

Your Regent pro was correct! This is what my TA received from RSSC:

We would like to inform you of a change to your Seven Seas Mariner cruise itinerary. Since the original announcement and communication of our 2013 schedules, we have made some changes as we finalize our programs. We will be adding an additional 2 nights, one in Rio de Janeiro and one in Buenos Aires, at no additional cost to the guest. If you would like to cancel due to this itinerary change, we will offer a full refund and a Future Cruise Credit per person for the guest and $250.00 protected commission for the agency. If the reservation is cancelled, guests currently booked into a Seven Seas Suite, Mariner Suite, Grand Suite or Master Suite will receive $750.00 Future Cruise Credit per person; guests currently booked into a Penthouse Suite or Horizon Suite will receive $500.00 Future Cruise Credit per person; and guests currently booked into a Deluxe Suite will receive $250.00 Future Cruise Credit per person.

Snackdaddy, great for you..happy to see Regent has made a generous offer with itinerary changes (still may be problematic for some cruisers who work and may not be able to adjust)

Hi Wes,

We thought Regent made a very generous offer as well. We are really looking forward to our first Regent cruise even more now. We really like how Regent does business.

We also hear you about the cruisers who work. We both work (8 years till retirement :)) and have been with our current employers for a number of years so two additional days should not be a problem for us. We do however think about those cruisers who had plans and will not be able to adjust. :(

Be well and thanks again. :D

I'm disappointed too. After reading less than enthusiastic reviews by CC members of the Brazil cruises, I was excited to sail from BA to Lima. We will probably cancel this booking and look at 2014 offerings or other cruise line itineraries.

Thanks to all who joined my original post. Had our heart set on the Rio to Lima itinerary but Guess for us it is back to the drawing board. We'll anxiously awaiting the 2014 schedule.

Just as a thought: You could look at the 21 January 2013 , from Lima to BA and goes on to Rio and then Miami. I kow timing may not work out and it is in the wrong direction. :rolleyes: Cat H is waitlisted and Cat G "guaranteed" but most everything else is available.

Greg

Just waiting to pull the trigger on these two cruises Nov 20th from Barcelona to Buenos Aires and Dec 20th Buenos Aires to Rio de Janeiro...Seabourn is suppose to be announcing tomorrow there 2013/2014 itineraries, otherwise this would be our first Regent cuise.;)

Looking forward to learning what decision you make about the two cruises. I am imagining your posts on the Regent board instead of the Seabourn board:D

Archived