Pre-Cruise Planner stinks!

herb

I agree! I am booked on Allure next month and find their pre-cruise planner combersome to use. I went to cancel a specialty dining reservation at Samba Grill. I go to press the cancel button and it brings me back to the specialty dining home page. I tried to do this at least 5 times. I called the support number and explain to the rep my issue and she insists with me that you can cancel online. I explain that you can't!! In anycase my dining reservation is cancelled and refunded. But the whole point is they should make their site, especially the pre-cruise planner, a bit more user friendly.

What browser were you using. I was running into the same problem and when I changed to IE, everything worked. You would think the IT people would check out their programming and make it compatible with current browsers--not just IE.

I had problems booking MTD for our November cruise. I know I found out within hours of it being allowed last month from my friends on

Cruise Critic yet when I went to make reservations on

There were no available times between 6:30 or 7:30. I wanted 7:00 or 7:15 but 7:30 was o.k. When I went to reserve it, not once but several times over a few days, the compute would grind away "loading" with no confirmation forthcoming. Once as long as 2 hours while I went off to watch a ball game on TV.

DH suggested going to his computer as he has a different server than I do. I have Firefox. He has Chrome. It immediately confirmed my request.

Plan B was to play the "Diamond+ card" with a C&A rep. I have trouble believing that all the times between 6:30 and 7:30 were "sold out" when I was hitting it well before the three months they tell you on the web site that reservations would become available. I guess they hold those in their pocket for either large group bookings or very Loyal Royals who call in like I was going to try.

Tucker in Texas

• 1 year later...

The thing that irritates me is how inconsistent it is. I was able to book shows and dining for Oasis at 110 days out, but I'm under 90 for Allure and still no luck.

The whole website is a mess and has been for years. Its mindboggling to be that a company as large as Royal Caribbean can knowingly leave a problematic website largely unchanged for years.

TOTALLY agree,,, we are sailing B2B, and we have to every thing separately for both weeks!!! If I want the soda package, I have to buy it for one week, pay for it,, then buy it for the next week and pay for it!! What a hassle. And when I call in,, even though I always get prompt, courteous service, they have to do the exact same thing! Do you know how many charges I have had on my card??? Dinner one week,, charge,, dinner the next week, charge,,,

It is crazy!

AND

THEY JUST UPDATED THEIR SITE IN OCTOBER :eek:

We have always called the C & A rep whenever we've had issues or questions and have always had good response and success through them with getting things resolved or reserved. Always like the human touch - especially when the website can be problematic.

We don't use their web site to book anything.

They can't even send us emails for ads & promotions etc. so not going to book on line.

TOTALLY agree,,, we are sailing B2B, and we have to every thing separately for both weeks!!! If I want the soda package, I have to buy it for one week, pay for it,, then buy it for the next week and pay for it!!

Each cruise is a total cruise on it's own and nothing is carried forward. Possibly the wine in the wine package [we didn't have it] but something was mentioned at the B2B meeting...... but billing/Internet and such are all for only that one cruise. We just got off 4 B2B.

just got off the phone with the Customer Service at RCI... spoke to a nasty supervisor named Iceola.. unable to make dinner reservations at specialty restaurant Portofino's and link our booking # with our friends because their "system" won't allow it. It seems our booking # was within a "group booking".. she basically told me "TOO BAD"... I'm now waiting for my TA to call me back and settle this... will also call Crown & Anchor!

This is not our first cruise with RCI but it may be the last

Call back as long as you are linked for dining they can book both of you for the same dining time if there is room for your party at the time you want.

Unfortunately, I had just as much trouble with calling them. I called last week to reserve a beach cabana at Labadee. The customer service rep. put both my name and my DH's name, charging us double. For an hour I tried to explain to him that it is $225 for the entire cabin. I even read what the website said. I kept asking to speak to a supervisor. He would put me on hold for a few minutes then come back an tell me it was $450 for two people.:eek: After an hour, he disconnected me. So then I had to call our TA to have it corrected and my $225 refunded to my charge card. How frustrating. It didn't help that he barely spoke English.

Normally I don't vent but RCI really needs to re-vamp their pre-cruise planner!!... What a waste of time asking to click "reserve" and then asking to choose from available times.. then, how many guests.. and then asking for last names as well as booking #'s for us and others who would be joining us .. and after all that telling me it's not available.. Why not just say it's not available from the get-go and stop wasting my time! Called RCI and basically got nothing more than a "I'm sorry about that and thank you for choosing RCI"
To be honest just booked all my shows and specialty restaurants for Allure last nite and it was really quite simple IMHO......Happy Cruising!....K.O.:)