Swollen ankles and feet on a cruise?

Lois, I hate water too. Have you ever tried Propel Fitness Water? It comes in flavors like lemon, berry and peach. While drinking, you don't taste anything but for whatever reason . . . I can drink that stuff by the gallon (peach is my favorite). If you haven't tried it . . . do. I've got everyone at the office hooked on the stuff! :p

I've been drinking Crystal Bay peach flavored sparkling water by the liter. The label says there are no calories, carbs, sodium...nothing except vitamin C. Does anyone know anything about this? It seems to be better for you than seltzer. Anyone know?

Esther

Hi Lady:) Nope, I have never tried it. In the grocery store? What are the ingrediants? Additives? Or just h2o that is flavored?

Esther, did you get that at Publix? I need to check this stuff out!

Lois, you "turkey" . . . you made me run upstairs to get a bottle of Propel to answer your questions! Tee Hee!!! First, yes . . . any grocery store sells it in the aisle were bottled water is sold (I pick up two or three six-packs when I do my grocery shopping on Saturdays). I've also found Propel in Target, Cosco, WalMart and just about anywhere else they sell bottled water. Okay, it says there are 2 servings in each 16.9 ounce bottle. There are 10 calories per serving. Total fat - 0. Sodium - 35mg or 1% of daily value. Carbohydrate - 3g or 1% pf daily value. Sugars - 2g. Protein - 0g. Vitamin C - 10%. Vitamin E - 10%. Niacin 25%. Vitamin B6 - 25%. Vitamin B12 - 25%. Pantothenic Acid - 25%. This is for lemon Propel, but it's probably the same for all the other "flavors."

All I know is that it has been a lot easier for me to drink water since discovering Propel about six months ago. Just try it . . . you don't have to buy a six pack . . . you can buy an individual bottle (larger than those that come in the six pack) for like 99 cents. Try the peach . . . it really is yummy. :p

Lois, you "turkey" . . . you made me run upstairs to get a bottle of Propel to answer your questions! Tee Hee!!! First, yes . . . any grocery store sells it in the aisle were bottled water is sold (I pick up two or three six-packs when I do my grocery shopping on Saturdays). I've also found Propel in Target, Cosco, WalMart and just about anywhere else they sell bottled water. Okay, it says there are 2 servings in each 16.9 ounce bottle. There are 10 calories per serving. Total fat - 0. Sodium - 35mg or 1% of daily value. Carbohydrate - 3g or 1% pf daily value. Sugars - 2g. Protein - 0g. Vitamin C - 10%. Vitamin E - 10%. Niacin 25%. Vitamin B6 - 25%. Vitamin B12 - 25%. Pantothenic Acid - 25%. This is for lemon Propel, but it's probably the same for all the other "flavors."

All I know is that it has been a lot easier for me to drink water since discovering Propel about six months ago. Just try it . . . you don't have to buy a six-pack . . . you can buy an individual bottle (larger than those that come in the six-pack) for like 99 cents. Try the peach . . . it really is yummy. :p

Hi Lady:) thanks for the info! I didn't mean to make you run anywhere;) keep those feet up!

You got so excited your post duplicated itself:D

Opps . . . almost forgot . . . wanted to say thank you to everyone for your concern about my poor feet and ankles. I'll keep you posted on how goes the battle of deflation. I wouldn't wish this on my worst enemy (not that I have any :D ). Aside from looking horrible . . . it really is uncomfortable . . . feels like your skin is stretched to the limit. I have a two-day trial starting tomorrow and I'll have to be on my feet a lot. Wonder if the jury would notice my wearing bedroom slippers? :rolleyes:

Lois

Yes Publix has it in their bottled water section. I can't believe it's so good and not bad for you!!! They make other flavors also, but I love the peach. Have you tried Arizona Tea? That's a couple of shelves lower and good also. We're supposed to have good tap water, but I can't stand drinking it. And then of course, there's Zephyrhills as a backup. By the way, what do you know about the new mall that opened with Sephora, Nordstroms (to be added, as well as Neiman) and all those other goodie stores? It's supposed to be off 9 and 1 or somewhere around there.

Esther

Hi Esther:) I have been to the new place about 3 or 4 times. It is neat. It is set up more like an outdoor "Mainstreet" with left and right turns taking you in all directions.

I really like it:) especially the new Wine Bar and Restaurant called "THE GRAPE":D

The constructions will be going on for another couple of years. Right now Dillards is the main department store. But Saks and Nordstroms are supposed to be built too.

All kinds of other shops and restaurants are there now. At one end is Target, Ross and Dress Barn......at the entire other end is Dillards.

So, there are different price ranges too. I went into Sephora. Neat store.

And there is a ColdWater Creek store.

Cheesecake Factory, PF Changs, Ted Montanas, and another Italian Restaurant is there too(can't remember the name).

It is located off Gate Parkway. If you are on Butler going to the Beach it is on your left. Quite easy to get to....

Lois

Bless you!!!!!!!! I am really looking forward to getting there. Dillards is my #1 favorite, and if it's open I'm in heaven. Love Coldwater Creek. I just placed an order yesterday, so it's nice if I need to return something. This place sounds great. I can leave my poor husband and let him wander to Target, etc. I'm giong to try to get there Tuesday. Thanks so much.

Esther

Unfortunately this happens to me all the time....ever since they removed the glabber. However, this thread did give me some new ideas. Here is my suggesting that I didn't see posted. When ever you get the chance to go back to your cabin lay on the floor or bed, get as close to the wall as you can and place your feet and legs up the side of wall....yes you will look funny...but it works and gets the blood flowing in your legs and feet. Good luck.

OceanDreams

So happy to report that I really do have ankle bones! :p Even after being on my feet all day yesterday and today . . . the swelling has gone done so much and I am so happy! Still not completely back to normal but I'd say about 75% there. :D

Caveat/Tammy,

I'm so happy to hear of your progress as well as happy to know that it wasn't anything serious to begin with.

If you're going to be standing at work for the next couple of weeks, you should wear some really good support hose.

Jane

Lady, awesome:) I know that part was too funky for me as well. To actually see the ankles, it was great:)

Oh, I went to the grocery store and checked the WATER AISLE. I saw the Propel but it only came in 6 packs. I also saw the Cyrstal Bay someone mentioned.

I bought a single bottle of that in Peach. I didn't realize it was carbonated LOL

I took a sip and it was fuzzy in my mouth LOL

I will see if I can find Propel in an individual bottle. I would try it but don't want a 6 pack (in case I don't like it).

Have a good weekend everyone:)

Lois, wish I could send a bottle of my peach Probel through this computer. :D Just got back from the grocery store and bought three six packs. Keep looking for the individual bottles. Fizzy peach drink? Yuk!

Ankles and feet are 100% back to normal and I even was able to wear a pair of my strap sandals today . . . haven't worn them since the day before I left on my cruise. Sure hope ye ole ankles and feet don't swell on my next cruise (this time next year). Think I'll take the pills the doctor gave me on Wednesday on that cruise. They sure did work and it only took a couple of days . . . I think I took three pills . . . one on Wednesday, Thursday and yesterday. Didn't even take one today. Yippee Skippee! :D

Lady, the Crystal Bay tastes really good:D ....no YUK here LOL......I just had some with some bbq-chicken.

It has a light peach flavor (it is sparking water) and tasted very light.....surprisingly good:)

Any of you gals wear "SPRING STEPS"......shoes? I got a pair today. The footbed is sooooooooo comfortable! Feels like you are walking on a pillow! And they are cute too. It is a slide with the part covering your foot in leather and it has a pretty cutout design. The leather is a neurtal so they go with tons of things:)

The have a medium heel and I wonder why I have never tried them before!

Jane, they are made in Italy;) I wish you could tell me if the "the last" is made as well as they feel on my foot!

Hope everyone is having a good weekend:)

• 6 months later...

I came across this older thread about swollen feet and legs. I have had this problem when cruising and responded to another thread in the past about this subject. There are lots of good ideas listed here, especially about the desalination process. I wonder how we could find out how much sodium remains (if any) after the process.

I had thought that it was probably caused by air pressure/sea level changes, more salt in the food than I am accustomed and change of routine. I started drinking more (ships) water and resorted to buying and wearing heavy support stockings to bed and trying to elevate my feet as much as possible, with minimal sucess.

For my upcoming cruise I am going to try to avoid the ship's water and bring bottled water aboard and see if that helps.

Keep the information coming. Thanks!