Appetizers - Infinity afternoons

cheryl20772

We sailed on Infinity for 23 days in April/May. That means we had 21 days when the cabin steward brought us appetizers around 3:30 or 4:00 PM each day. We were in Aquaclass and the Concierge class got the same as we did. Some people ask for something else, but we accepted what they brought and I took a picture each day. It included, grapes, berries, brie and cheddar cheese, grape tomatoes, stuffed salami, cucumbers with caviar, pastries with blue cheese spread, and cream cheese. I think only one day was there a bit of bread on one. So no soggies and no boring. All were savory. The only sweet was the grapes and berries.

horsdouvres.jpg

What a clever idea ...I had planned to do the same with the drinks menu but somehow couldn't manage it:) any way to view the images a bit larger?

If you view on an iPad you could easily view larger. I do not know if you have access to one.....:confused:

We were on both the April 10th and April 25th Infinity sailings, for a total of thirty-one days. The appetizers on the April 10th sailing were typical of what we had on prior cruises.

There was a definite change on the April 25th sailing. While the spreads and toppings were the same as usual, on that sailing there were definitely fewer toasted bread bases. For example, we saw greater use of cucumber slices as a base. We were also served skewers of fruit and cheese. I thought that the appetizers on the April 25th sailing were better than what we have been seeing the past several years.

The Food and Beverage managers changed between cruises. I have no idea if the changed appetizers was due to the change in Food and Beverage managers, or if the appetizers have been modified fleet wide. What are others observing?

Thanks for the pictures. I love the canapes they serve to AQ and CC, and they are much improved from several years back. Some people would prefer cheese & crackers -- to each their own.

You're welcome for the larger images.

I guess they tasted pretty good. I had a few favorites.

Before this vacation I had never tasted caviar before and now I wonder why people consider it a delicacy and are willing to pay luxury prices for it. There was both red and black caviar and it was just salty and fishy tasting to me. It was in some of the dishes in Blu as well. The little eggs can be popped inside your mouth to release that fishy taste. I couldn't help thinking it was fish eggs. Not my favorite thing to eat.

My favorites were the grape and cheese and the blue cheese pastries.

Archived