Mike & Tracy’s continuing adventures: Carnival Glory 5 day cruise to Canada

MikeyA53

Thanks you so much for all the pictures and comments about your cruise. We do the Glory out of New York (same itinary) August 6th, so it was so much fun to get a little bit of an idea about what the cruise will be like. This is the first time we've been on a cruise in six year.

Haven't been on CC for a while and was surprised to see this post and happy your family had a chance to cruise again! Thank you for sharing another journey with us and can't wait for the rest of it. Have never been on the Glory, but you are gonna LOVE the Miracle. LOVE those Spirit class ships! Manhattan cruise terminal is about 20 minutes from our doorstep and we cruise exclusively from here. Was going to book Miracle for the 4th time for next May but found out she is leaving us for the west coast, so booked the Splendor. Excited since it is a "new ship" for us! ;) Can't wait to read the rest of your review and if you have any questions about the Miracle, let me know! :cool::cool:

Thank you Crusin Karen, nice to hear from you again. Very excited about cruising on Miracle. Looking at Spendor for spring 2014. :)

Welcome back!! Good to see you all are back in the high seas....

Looks as though it might have been a bit cooler on this trip...

Thanks MiamiSpartan, great to hear from you again. It wasn't hot like sailing out of Miami but still very nice weather. :)

Hi! I am loving your review! We are sailing on the Glory out of Norfolk in October, and its hard to find not only good reviews on the Glory, but also ones with lots of good pictures of the boat! Can't wait to keep reading and seeing more!

Thank you Trish, glad your enjoying it. :):)

I am thoroughly enjoying your review so far, Mike! I feel like I am on vacation with you... and I am goofing off at work reading your pictorial.

I'll have to read your previous pictorials this afternoon. It appears that very little will be accomplished at my work today.

Thanks kenrod, it's OK to goof off every once in a while. :D

Again thanks for the great review! I have a question: I noticed that folks had long pants and jackets on in the mini golf pics. Is it really that chilly in June there? Randall and I came up to Canada and NE in September of one year and thought we were going to freeze! Forcast temps were high 80s...NOT...I am just wondering what to pack.

thanks, Julie

Thanks Julie, the mini golf is on the top deck and therefore very windy. You still have to pack long pants and sweater for early morning fog and late evenings when the temps to down in the sixties. Mike

A bit OT, but I am thinking of it, so thought I would send a reminder to look for Gatsby's Garden on the Miracle. It's a little easy to miss it. I actually didn't see it on our lst cruise :confused: I believe it's on deck 3 and surrounds the theater. It's a very pretty, peaceful area and I am SURE Tracy would love to curl up with a book there. :) I am going to remember to look for the pictures of her doing just that! :rolleyes::cool::p;)

Thank you AngelKappie, nice to hear from you again. Yes the kids are coming, they love cruising and plus we don't trust them enough to leave them behind. ;)

To funny!!!! I can understand that, we have two older teens, 18 and 19! :D

When I was done I went to meet Tracy at the Gym, this time around there was only 3 other persons using the machines. We also ran on the Spa deck, it makes it a lot more interesting to run when you have a nice view (360 degrees). Afterwards Tracy, Mitchel and I went to the Lido Deck for breakfast .

Cruising1928.jpg

Cruising1929.jpg

At noon time, the four of us went to lunch on the Lido Deck and then proceeded to disembark.

On our way out

Cruising1932.jpg

Cruising1934.jpg

Our plans for Halifax was to visit the ‘Alexander Keith’s Brewery’ founded in 1820 in Halifax, making it one of the oldest commercial breweries in all of North America. The brewery is approximately ½ mile from where the ship was docked, the weather was beautiful and we decided to walk.

Cruising1935.jpg

Cruising1936.jpg

Cruising1937.jpg

Cruising1938.jpg

Cruising1939.jpg

Please note, you are visiting the historic areas of the brewery; you will not tour the current day operations.

Cruising1943.jpg

Cruising1944.jpg

You will be met by energetic young actors in period attire who will take you back to 1863 as you visit part of Alexander Keith’s house, pub and brew house. We were told at the beginning of the tour that “beyond that door” no one would know anything about modern day Halifax including cell phones, digital cameras, etc.

The cost for a family of 4 was $48.24. The tour is approximately one hour long. We waited about 15 minutes for the next one to start.

Cruising1946.jpg

Cruising1945.jpg

Cruising1950.jpg

Cruising1948.jpg

Archived