Mike & Tracy’s continuing adventures: Carnival Glory 5 day cruise to Canada

MikeyA53

So glad to see you are cruising again. Followed all of your reviews and just knew that once Tracy got established as a Mountie, the family would be back to cruising. Great pictures so far. Keep them coming.

Thank you retiredgram, yes it was a long 18 months but your right we are back to cruising. :)

Love your reviews,enjoyed reading your b2b2b2b.We have done the Destiny & Freedom and are booked next may for another b2b on the freedom.Can't wait.

Thank you mrmrsmystery, have a wonderful B2B. Mike

As a misplaced Bostonian LOVE your skyline pictures. I'd love to do this cruise but it's such a small window of opportunity.

Looking forward to any sail away pictures.

Thank you RMM34667, Hope you get to cruise out of Boston some day. :)

I am so looking forward to reading your updates each day - I've really enjoyed reading all of your reviews in the past. Wish I was cruising now, but since I'm not, your posts will make me (kind of) feel like I'm there!

Thanks rpouls, nice to hear from you again. Glad your enjoying it. Mike

Yay!! I was so excited to see this review tonight. I LOVED your other reviews. You've inspired me to try to write a photo review of my Magic cruise coming up in September, although I'm afraid it will take me forever to write. :o

Just happened to find this thread after looking over my past subscribed threads and clicked on your posts just to see if I had missed anything . I am glad to have found this new review and just finished catching up. Your pics are great as usual and add so much to the review making me feel as if I were there along with you guys. Your pics are just the right size as mine are always too large when posting. What photosharing site do you use? Can't wait for more !:):):)

Thank you ourfamilylovescruising, it's nice that people like you are still reading it after almost 2 years. :)

Wow, how time flies! I didn't realize until this post how long ago your B2B2B2B review really was. Again, nice to see you all back cruising--always enjoy your reviews!

I love all your reviews. You should work for Carnival, you could convince anyone to take one of their cruises through your pictures alone. Thanks so much for taking the time to do this.

Thank you howielovescruisin, wouldn't mind getting a call from Carnival, would be fun. :):):)

Thanks for you excellent review, we usually cruise RCCL but the Glory was too good to pass up. We had an excellent cruise your review is allowing us to relive our experience.

Thank you alexkrn46. :):):)

Thanks for the stroll down memory lane. I am going to send this link to a good friend and neighbour, her daughter is a dancer on the Glory and you got her in a couple shots. Unfortunately we didn't get to see her dance, her contract started the week before we boarded and she was still in the reversal stage. How about you go on the Victory and do a review before we go in February :-)

Tuesday, June 19th , 2012: Sea Day

I got up about 8:00 a.m and went up to the Lido Deck to watch the morning news on the big screen. Nice and quiet, the chair hogs are not even up yet.

Cruising1711.jpg

A short time later Tracy and I went to the Gym and then for a run on the Spa Deck track. It’s always very busy the first day and dies down as the cruise progresses. A lot of people start out with good intentions, then the cruise gets in the way. Food, booze, late nights, sleep, whatever. Anyway sometimes I think we’re the crazy ones to be spending time in the gym, we are suppose to be on vacation after all. It does help keep the weight down, well at least I hope it does.

After our workout, Tracy loves to use the steam room and the spa showers. It’s a regular routine for her.

We skipped breakfast and had lunch in the Platinum Dining Room, we were seated with 5 other guests and had fun explaining to them why we were going back to Canada.

Cruising1713.jpg

What a wonderful start to your review!

I stumbled across your b2b2b2b yesterday and read the entire review last night!!! It was so much fun, and I teared up a the "proper proposal"!!!

I was super excited to see another review when I was browsing tonight!! I'm especially excited because of the food pictures from the steakhouse ... I must admit, I drooled a little!!

Looking forward to reading more as the days go on!

Happy Sailing

Charlene

PS - Did you book the steakhouse prior to boarding, or when you first got on the ship?? Just wondering if it matters when you book in order to get the free bottle of wine for dining in there on the first night! Thanks for the info :D

After lunch we found a good spot on the Lido Deck to get a little sun. Tracy was busy with her book and I eventually got bored so I went and grabbed my camera to see what I could find.

Cruising1714.jpg

Cruising1715.jpg

Cruising1716.jpg

Cruising1717.jpg

I found Arielle with a couple of boys. She had challenged them to a race down the slide and wanted me to be the timekeeper. They all went down in the same times (12 seconds)

Cruising1718.jpg

Cruising1719.jpg

There she goes

Cruising1720.jpg

Cruising1721.jpg

Cruising1722.jpg

Cruising1723.jpg

Hi Mike! :D

So nice to see you back on the boards posting an AWESOME review!

You write the BEST reviews! I have enjoyed them all and enjoying this one as well!

You will LOVE the Miracle, so far my favorite Carnival Ship! Many people complain about the grapes in the diningroom, I loved them! Have a great time on the Miracle! Are your kids going as well? or just you and Tracy?

Then at 1:30 p.m it was the ‘Hairy Chest Contest’. I’ve seen several and this one was the best yet.

The five judges

Cruising1727.jpg

First contestant

Cruising1728.jpg

Cruising1729.jpg

Archived