Mike & Tracy’s continuing adventures: Carnival Glory 5 day cruise to Canada

MikeyA53

Haven't been on CC for a while and was surprised to see this post and happy your family had a chance to cruise again! Thank you for sharing another journey with us and can't wait for the rest of it. Have never been on the Glory, but you are gonna LOVE the Miracle. LOVE those Spirit class ships! Manhattan cruise terminal is about 20 minutes from our doorstep and we cruise exclusively from here. Was going to book Miracle for the 4th time for next May but found out she is leaving us for the west coast, so booked the Splendor. Excited since it is a "new ship" for us! ;) Can't wait to read the rest of your review and if you have any questions about the Miracle, let me know! :cool::cool:

So happy that you're doing another review. We've thought about doing this cruise just for the cruising part. I'll see what you thought in your review.

Welcome back you guys.

Hi Neighbour, we enjoyed it more than we thought we would, even visiting Saint John where we used to live. We saw it from a different perpective and the weather was nice the whole cruise.

Nice to see you posting another review again. I really enjoyed your other two. It certainly does not seem that almost 2 years have passed since your B2B2B2B.

Thank you oncruisecontrol, yes sometimes it seems like just a few months ago. The review helps keep it fresh in our minds. :)

Hi! I am loving your review! We are sailing on the Glory out of Norfolk in October, and its hard to find not only good reviews on the Glory, but also ones with lots of good pictures of the boat! Can't wait to keep reading and seeing more!

I am thoroughly enjoying your review so far, Mike! I feel like I am on vacation with you... and I am goofing off at work reading your pictorial.

I'll have to read your previous pictorials this afternoon. It appears that very little will be accomplished at my work today.

Great Caption Contest pic!

Guy in center says to other guy..."Dude! Play it cool and let her win. Did you see the size of her dad?! He'll keel haul us!"

Cruising1718.jpg

OK, so they probably don't know what keel haul is! But, gist of comment is about the same!:D

Immediately afterwards it was the ‘Ice Carving Demonstration’ It was the first time I had seen it. It took him about 30 minutes to accomplish his sculpture.

What will it be?

Cruising1756.jpg

Cruising1757.jpg

Looks like? Actually I knew by this time since it was beginning to look like the finished sculpture I’ve seen in the buffet area, on other ships

Cruising1758.jpg

Cruising1759.jpg

Cruising1760.jpg

Cruising1761.jpg

After the demonstration you can see someone cleaning the ice in the background

Cruising1771.jpg

Cruising1772.jpg

Then it was time for a round of golf. Tracy had beaten both her Dad and I the last time we played on Freedom. I won this time around. The tie breaker will have to be decided on our next cruise.

Cruising1773.jpg

Cruising1774.jpg

Cruising1775.jpg

Cruising1777.jpg

Tonight was elegant night, we got dressed up and because of Arielle we got there later than planned. Over the years Tracy has gotten very good at managing her time in getting ready on time, my teenage daughter is getting worst as she ages.

We had ‘Your time dining’ and I knew this would be a busy night. I wanted to get there at 5:45 p.m but we arrived at 6:15 p.m to a big line up. It took about 15 minutes to get to the desk where we were given a pager. Then it was approximately 30 minutes before it went off and we were seated.

In that time interval we went to get our family photo taken.

ps_2012_06_25___15_24_49-1-1.jpg

Tracy and I also had time to relax with a cocktail at the Burgundy Wine Bar. A very popular spot in the evenings.

Previously posted daytime photo of the Burgundy Wine Bar

Cruising1628.jpg

Again thanks for the great review! I have a question: I noticed that folks had long pants and jackets on in the mini golf pics. Is it really that chilly in June there? Randall and I came up to Canada and NE in September of one year and thought we were going to freeze! Forcast temps were high 80s...NOT...I am just wondering what to pack.

thanks, Julie

We have done ‘Your time dining’ on all our cruise and this was the first time we had to wait. I had a chat with the Maitre D and he explained to me that when they started ‘Your time dining’ they had about 100 persons on the upper section of the Golden Restaurant and since then it has grown to over 1000 and has moved to the lower section of the Golden Restaurant. He advised me to either get there early or anytime after 7 p.m, since most people like to arrive early.

On the other nights we got there between 5:30 and 5:45 and were seated within 5 minutes. We will continue to choose ‘Your time dining’ because we like the convenience of arriving anytime we want.

After dinner we went to the ‘Amber Palace’ to catch the tail end of ‘Livin’ in America’. Good show. Then we rushed off just before it ended to get a good seat for the ‘Punchliner Comedy Club’ at the Ebony Cabaret. The first adult act started at 9:45 p.m and featured Dylan Mandisohn.

He was very good.

Cruising1779.jpg

Cruising1780.jpg

Then at 10:45 p.m it was Eddie Capone. Excellent, he involved Tracy in one of his jokes.

Cruising1782.jpg

Lap dance

Cruising1781.jpg

We seldom drink alcohol at home and by the end of the show I had consumed a few too many Mai Tais and it was time for bed.. Tracy was feeling happy too.

Cruising1783.jpg

Cruising1784.jpg

I'm enjoying another great review by you Mike. I have to say that after reading your fist b2b2b2b review, yep, it def encouraged me to try a b2b so we did the Miracle and Imagination this past November. We have our first b2b on the same ship coming up in December on the Breeze and can't wait.

Looking forward to the balance of your review.

Thank you lovecruzing. B2B on Breeze, must be very exciting. :):)

Archived