Mike & Tracy’s continuing adventures: Carnival Glory 5 day cruise to Canada

MikeyA53

Yay! I was pleasantly surprised to find another review from you. We have decided to sail the Glory out of Boston next June for my 50th birthday.

So glad you got to do this cruise and am looking forward to the rest of the review!

Thank you CruiserCindy. Sorry I didn't notice. Hopefully the regular parking terminal will be available soon. Mike

Thanks Mike

I think the whole month of July Glory passengers have to park in the parking lot. We will just ride our scooters over if the bus is not handicap equipped. Just thought you might of noticed. I saw your picture and looks like the bus is not handicap equipped.Enjoying reading your review!!!!!!

Thanks

Wonderful pictures. We were on the Glory last summer and are sailing again in August. Can't wait to read the rest of your review. Thanks for taking the time to post.

Dot

Thank you daisitroy, glad your enjoying it and have a wonderful cruise. Mike

After exploring/photographing the ship we returned to our cabin to check if our luggage had arrived. They were all there, we unpacked everything and it was time for the safety drill (muster). This was the most organized/efficient drill I have attended. They appeared to have everyone there within 10-15 minutes from the first call. Our station only had three rows of people. Talking was kept to a minimum, people on cell phones were told to put them away.

Cruising1660.jpg

Arielle and Mitch

Cruising1661.jpg

We had made a reservation at the Emerald Steakhouse for 6:30 p.m. I was hoping to get some photographs of sail away but the ship didn’t leave until about 6:00 p.m.

I managed to get a few photos as the ship was leaving port before I had to rush off and get ready for dinner.

Cruising1668.jpg

Fun Ship Freddy

Cruising1665.jpg

Cruising1666.jpg

Cruising1667.jpg

Cruising1669.jpg

Leaving port

Cruising1664.jpg

We had a wonderful meal and a great time at the steakhouse. The service was very good and since it was the first night we received a free bottle of wine.

Cruising1672.jpg

Cruising1674.jpg

Jumbo Shrimp Cocktail

Cruising1675.jpg

Escargots Bourguignonne

Cruising1676.jpg

New England Crab Cake

Cruising1678.jpg

Classic Caesar Salad

Cruising1679.jpg

Surf & Turf

Cruising1680.jpg

Grilled Lamb Chops

Cruising1681.jpg

Spice-Rubbed Prime Ribeye Steak

Cruising1682.jpg

Spice-Rubbed Prime Ribeye Steak with Bearnaise Sauce, Baked Potatoes with Trimmings and Sauteed Medley of Fresh Mushrooms.

Cruising1683.jpg

After dinner Tracy and I went to the ‘Welcome Aboard Show’ hosted by our cruise director Josh ( Big Sexy) Waitzman. It’s an introduction to the entertainment we will be seeing throughout our 5 day cruise.

Waiting for the show to start

Cruising1696.jpg

Cruising1697.jpg

Introducing the live music of Nick Dragnev & The Glory Five

Cruising1695.jpg

Josh (Big Sexy)

Cruising1704.jpg

One of Josh’s assistant nicknamed Jayonce doing Beyonce’s ‘Single Ladies’ dance, he was hilarious.

Cruising1706.jpg

Cruising1707.jpg

Comedian Dyan Mandisohn

Cruising1709.jpg

Comedian Eddie Capone

Cruising1708.jpg

After the show Tracy and I went for a little stroll along the Kaleidoscope Boulevard on Promenade Deck.

We came across Arielle and Mitchel with their new friends. I really embarrassed them but I don't care, some day they will thank me for taking their photo.

Cruising1710.jpg

Cruising1692.jpg

Well that’s it for tonight, tomorrow is a sea day.

Cruising1690.jpg

Goodnight

Cruising1691.jpg

Cheesecake with Hazelnut Biscuit

Cruising1687.jpg

I love chocolate

Cruising1689.jpg

Cruising1685.jpg

Nice looking family Mike and great photos. We were on the 4 day Glory in June. Going on the 5 day for our anniversary in two weeks.

I am a new fan:) just read your b2b2b2b2 review and it was great now today I see a new one yeah Thanks for taking the time to do the review:)

Thank you ourfamilylovescruising, it's nice that people like you are still reading it after almost 2 years. :)

Thanks so much:):):) love, love, love your reviews....we were on the glory when she was in port canaveral and are 99.9 % sure we are going to book the 7 day next June out of Boston to Canada:)...need to get that done:D

Can't wait for more info and pictures:)

Thank you jbhcw, good luck on your cruise. Hope you have nice weather like we did. Mike

Archived