Mike & Tracy’s continuing adventures: Carnival Glory 5 day cruise to Canada

MikeyA53

Yay, another 'Mike & Tracy' cruise review! Loved your previous two reviews and so looking forward to another! :D

Thank you leaski. It's been a long 18 month since the last one. Hoping to cruise at least twice a year now that things are back to normal. :)

Too cool, Mike - good to see you and your fam again - looking forward to your review. DH and self leave in a couple of weeks on the Magic - FRANKLY, I just yelled at DH in the other room, "I NEED TO BE CRUISING - NOW!" hahahaha.

Thank you Texarribean Chick, enjoy your Magic cruise. Mike

So glad to see you and your family are cruising again. Your four ship review remains one of my favorite reviews of all time!!! Can't wait for the rest!

Glad to be back, thank you so much. :)

What a treat to find a new review from you. Great pictures as always. We have sailed the Glory twice and really love the ship. It's funny, I was just thinking about our cruises on the Glory today while on the Carnival site. It was my grandsons first cruise and it was such fun to watch them when we boarded the ship and the first night in the dining room. Now they just disappear with new friends, but they do love cruising. Your review will help the time go by since we do not sail until October on the Dream. By the way you will love the Miracle. ;)

I don't usually reply to your reviews, but I absolutely love reading them! You have a great way of telling your story and your family just seems so close and fun. Was so excited to see this tonight!!!

Can't wait to read more! :D

Monday, June 18th , 2012: Embarkation

A couple of days before departure we received an urgent E-mail from Carnival advising us to arrive at the port at 1:30 p.m. We knew they were trying to spread out the arrival of the guests, however we wanted to get on board early and have lunch and do my customary photo tour of Carnival Glory before it got busy. We left our hotel at 10:30 a.m, stopped to pick up a couple of bottles of wine and arrived at the cruise terminal at 11:00 a.m.

We were directed to an alternate parking area because the circus had for some reason taken over the usual parking terminal. The cost was $50 for the 5 days rather than the usual $16 a day times 5 = $80. A saving of $30. We immediately boarded a bus and were driven to the cruise terminal, a short 2-3 minutes ride.

These are photos of the lot and the shuttle bus taken when we returned from the cruise.

Cruising2141.jpg

Cruising2142.jpg

Cruising2140.jpg

Hi Mike

Nice review!Did you notice if the shuttle from the parking lot was handicapped equipped to provide transport for electric scooters?

Thanks

So stoked for this review. Trying to decide if I am going hold back and wait until most of its completed (kind of like dvr'ing your favorite show so you don't have to watch commercials) Or if I am going to take it as it comes.

Hmm...leaning towards waiting, then sitting down with a nice cold beer or three and read it all at once. Your B2B2B was awesome! Its my dream to pull something like that off with my family. Maybe when the kids are older. Anyhow, you do a great job, looking forward to it.

Archived