Paying for excursions

Hello, I couldn't find an answer to this so hopefully somebody can help!

We are booked on the Allure this August and are set to make our excursion and food and drink reservations. Now, we have set up an onboard expense account and want to charge everything to that. Is this possible? When we go to reserve them we have to pay for then with a credit card and I can't find an option to just use the credit card linked to the expense account. There are a bunch of us going and we all want to use the same persons credit card to pay for everything instead of paying for everything individually.

Hopefully that makes sense! Thanks!

Hello, I couldn't find an answer to this so hopefully somebody can help!

We are booked on the Allure this August and are set to make our excursion and food and drink reservations. Now, we have set up an onboard expense account and want to charge everything to that. Is this possible? When we go to reserve them we have to pay for then with a credit card and I can't find an option to just use the credit card linked to the expense account. There are a bunch of us going and we all want to use the same persons credit card to pay for everything instead of paying for everything individually.

Hopefully that makes sense! Thanks!

Anything you purchase or reserve in advance of the cruise will go to your credit card for payment now.

It's not possible to defer the charge unless you wait to book it onboard. :)

Okay, paying for it now isn't an issues. The issue is that everyone in our group is using one credit card for everything, so if we can't charge it to our expense account, which links to the one credit card for everyone, I guess the only option is to share the credit card info with our group so we all use the single card to make pre cruise reservations. Not a huge deal, it just seems odd you can't charge things You want to resureve to the credit card that is linked to our expense account since RCI already has all the info. Being able to do that would seem easier than having to enter all that credit card info every time you want to reserve something. Oh well!

Thanks!

OR one person can log into each reservation to book and pay for the excursion using the single credit card. Of course, the person with the credit card info is going to need the log-in info for each reservation, but maybe that would be preferable to everyone having the credit card info. This is what I do for my family group, I log into each reservation and make all of their arrangements for them including completing their online check-in. Therefore, I am the only one who has everyone's personal info. Works for us.

OR one person can log into each reservation to book and pay for the excursion using the single credit card. Of course, the person with the credit card info is going to need the log-in info for each reservation, but maybe that would be preferable to everyone having the credit card info. This is what I do for my family group, I log into each reservation and make all of their arrangements for them including completing their online check-in. Therefore, I am the only one who has everyone's personal info. Works for us.

Thanks, that is a good idea! Still not as simple as everyone just using the card that is already on file for the expense account on their own, but it will work. Thanks again.

Still not as simple as everyone just using the card that is already on file for the expense account on their own...

Well, I can see the company's point; consider that someone could easily rack up hundreds of dollars on their account before even setting foot onboard the ship. Now, if none of that is paid for right away and it's all due and payable at the end of the cruise, it would certainly make it harder to collect should there be a problem with the onboard account for any reason.

Well, I can see the company's point; consider that someone could easily rack up hundreds of dollars on their account before even setting foot onboard the ship. Now, if none of that is paid for right away and it's all due and payable at the end of the cruise, it would certainly make it harder to collect should there be a problem with the onboard account for any reason.

I completely get that, I'm just thinking that for the most part it would be easier for people who have already set up their expense acconts with a credit card to just select that credit card when they go to pay for excursions. It could be charged instantly and would save you having to enter the same information everytime you want to book an excurision, dinner, spa activity, etc... I imagine that most people would be using the same credit card to pay for excursions that they used to set up their expense account, so why have people re enter the same information over and over. It isn't a big deal when you are just looking after yourself, but there should be an easier way to do it when there is a big group going and everyone is using the same credit card. Just my opinion. I don't remember having to do that last summer when I booked with Carnival, but I don't really remember.

You do NOT have an "onboard account" until you are actually ON the ship! Yes, you've given them the info, but it won't be activated until you board.

Yes, I realise that (thanks for emphasising some words, that was extra helpful!). My point is that you should just be able to use the same credit card info to pay for everything instead of giving it them everytime you want to book something before you leave. If you give them the credit card info to set up an expense account then you shoudln't have to give it again to book an excursion or spa treatment or whatever and it would make things much more simple for groups who are paying together.

Sam22, you're right. It's crazy that you have to enter credit card info everytime you add something to cruise res. RCI should have the system that most businesses have, ie, ask if you want to charge to card on file (eg, "card ending in....3333") or do you want to use another card.

Sam22, you're right. It's crazy that you have to enter credit card info everytime you add something to cruise res. RCI should have the system that most businesses have, ie, ask if you want to charge to card on file (eg, "card ending in....3333") or do you want to use another card.

Finally somebody gets me here!

Haha Thank you!

You're only giving them the last 4 digits...

i see your point...but the only way around it is to either share the CC info or have one person book and pay for everything.....yes there should be an easier way, but well...the website doesn't even function properly on weekends...so that's not going to happen!:D

For our March 19, 2014 cruise, our daughter will be going with us, she is rooming with us so I am filling out all the information for the 3 of us. She will give me her currant Credit card and along with ours, I will enter our expense Acct to be billed to our CC and put her CC information in. This way all her on board expenses, Tours will go to her card unless we decide to put her tour on ours & our On board etc expenses will go to ours. The overall cruise is on us.

Archived