M Class Cabin Compilation

RMLLEL

Is there are thread that shows which cabins are good/not so good for the M Class Ships like the one for the S Class Ships? I am trying to figure out a good cabin on the new Aqua Class on the M Ships...hopefully no noise from the pool or from the basket ball courts and no smoke from the smokers. I am looking at the deck plans. Can anyone tell me what the empty square is inbetween the basketball courts and the back of the sundeck? Is there a smoking area on deck 12, 11 or 10? Are there any Aqua Class cabins you would recommend on deck 9? Sorry for so many questions. We haven't sailed on the M Class Ships.

Thank you.

I was looking for something similar too, as we'll be sailing on the Infinity for the first time next May. I have cruiseadvice dot org bookmarked, as they have a section that goes through the best and worst cabins on each ship deck by deck. At the moment, that section of the website is down until 9 pm tonight. They also have interactive deck plans, but that section is also down right now so I'm not sure how detailed that is.

Can anyone tell me what the empty square is inbetween the basketball courts and the back of the sundeck?

That area behind the basketball court is a large structure that is off limits to passengers. There are four large radomes (round enclosure protecting antenna/radar, etc) mounted on top of it. Here is an aerial photo of this structure on Summit (published in the Jun 2004 issue of Cruise Travel magazine). Of course this photo was taken way before Summit's conversion when the AquaClass cabins were added.

37221.jpg

Is there are thread that shows which cabins are good/not so good for the M Class Ships like the one for the S Class Ships? I am trying to figure out a good cabin on the new Aqua Class on the M Ships...hopefully no noise from the pool or from the basket ball courts and no smoke from the smokers. I am looking at the deck plans. Can anyone tell me what the empty square is inbetween the basketball courts and the back of the sundeck? Is there a smoking area on deck 12, 11 or 10? Are there any Aqua Class cabins you would recommend on deck 9? Sorry for so many questions. We haven't sailed on the M Class Ships.

Thank you.

The port side of deck 10 at the aft bar is a smoking area. I believe on some of the ships there are AQ rooms that are directly above that area. Also on the port side of the pool deck there is a smoking area, I don't think there are any rooms in that immediate area though. I'm not sure about deck 11 but I think I've seen smoking in the port side by the small bar in the middle. I could be wrong about that though.

That info will help some.....I wrote down the cruise advice site and will look at it. It's hard to pick cabins. Want to make the best choice possible.

We got off the Summit in May and had cabin 1106 AQ. There was nothing above us so no noise and because the hallway for the 11th floor is really only for the few 11th floor cabins it's very quiet. Also 1106 was on the starboard side of the ship and was not above any smoking area of the ship. No smoke and no noise. We were very satisfied.

I was looking for something similar too, as we'll be sailing on the Infinity for the first time next May. I have cruiseadvice dot org bookmarked, as they have a section that goes through the best and worst cabins on each ship deck by deck. At the moment, that section of the website is down until 9 pm tonight. They also have interactive deck plans, but that section is also down right now so I'm not sure how detailed that is.

Just went to cruise advice dot org and it said "no permission" to be on this site - any advice to get on "advice"?

Thanks

Here is a patch that I found on cc

Each of the following cabins on the Millennium Class ships (Millennium, Infinity, Constellation, Summit) has some particular benefit over its peers of the same class -- most often an oversized veranda, sometimes larger cabin or nicer decor. Not all of these differences are accurately reflected in any known deck plans.

SS-6131,6132,6145,6146

CC-9043,9038,9201,9164,9162,9160

CC-8045,8046,8185,8176,8172,8170

CC-7203,7212,7208,7206

CC-6135,6136,6143,6144

2A-8161,8146,9173,9138

2B-7049,7080,7163,7166,7171,7173,7175,7177,7174,7176, 7178,7180

2C- 6016,6018,6020,6021,6022,6023,6024,6025,6026,6027, 6029,6030,6031,6033,6035,6053,6048

Since the Infinity, Constellation, Millenium & Summit are all the same configuration, these cabins will apply to your cruise.

In addition, have you heard the term "POSH" which stands for: Port side out, Starboard home. This term came about when the British were sailing from England to India (sunny vs shady side). Look at your itinerary to determine the direction the ship is traveling, this will help you decide on the side of the ship you may prefer. However, please realize when the ship docks, it may make a complete 180 turn before docking.

Thanks for the new web site. It's informative and very interesting.:):):)

I just tried the cruise advice site and it is up and running again. I'm going to have a look at it now.

Working here as well. Thanks for the advice on that site anyhow, good information there.

Archived