guaranteed rooms

asguaguer

Why Saturday, Tuesday and Wednesday? Do you know something about when and how they do room assignments?

Those are the days "things" happen.

I believe I saw something in writing from Princess stating the assignment would be made 7 days prior.

Show me. I just went thru two cruises (June 19th and July 1st), without getting an assignment until 4 days (June 19th; and I was flying to England) and 3 days out (we were already on the ship).

Those are the days "things" happen.

Thanks, Pia! I figured you must know something I didn't. I will definitely be watching tomorrow, since it is a Saturday and exactly 1 week out from our cruise. If I don't get an assignment on Saturday, I'll try to relax about it for a couple of days (yeah, right!) and check again Tues. and Wed.

I wish I understood their process in doing room assignments. The ship has been SOLD OUT for a couple of weeks, so you'd think they'd be able to assign all the rooms now. What are they waiting for?! :confused:

The ship has been SOLD OUT for a couple of weeks, so you'd think they'd be able to assign all the rooms now. What are they waiting for?! :confused:

People to cancel so one of their cabins can be assigned to you..

I wish I understood their process in doing room assignments. The ship has been SOLD OUT for a couple of weeks, so you'd think they'd be able to assign all the rooms now. What are they waiting for?! :confused:

You request a dining room assignment at the time of the booking. If that is not available (already reserved full) you can be wait listed. If you do not get the TD assignment you want, you will be assigned "anytime"

Now, on the other hand, if you are referring to table assignments, I have only seen these done at the first time into the MDR. (of course, only for TD)

I'm waiting for our assignment for our Aug. 5 cruise on the Sapphire--22 days away. But I'm not checking five times a day--usually just twice. Our cruise looks like it has sold out, but someone on our rollcall reported that there have been cabins showing up as available after 9 p.m. Pacific time.

Ironically, the first time we sailed on the Sapphire was the longest we ever had to wait for our cabin assignment--four days before sailing. Since we generally book after the final payment date, I don't have much experience about assignments before then. We did get an assignment for our Island Princess cruise, however, before the final payment date. That was a Christmas cruise that I booked while on the Sapphire Princess in August.

You request a dining room assignment at the time of the booking. If that is not available (already reserved full) you can be wait listed. If you do not get the TD assignment you want, you will be assigned "anytime"

Now, on the other hand, if you are referring to table assignments, I have only seen these done at the first time into the MDR. (of course, only for TD)

I'm not referring to dining assignments. We are anytime. What I'm waiting on is a *cabin* assignment, as we booked a guarantee.

I'm not referring to dining assignments. We are anytime. What I'm waiting on is a *cabin* assignment, as we booked a guarantee.

Good to see I wasn't the only one confused about the food posting rather than the cabin assignment.

I'v never given this much thought until now, but what do you do with your checked bags if you have to wait until you get to the counter for a room assignment? They have always taken our bags long before we even get inside to the counter. Not really worried, just wondering what the procedure is.

Larry

I'v never given this much thought until now, but what do you do with your checked bags if you have to wait until you get to the counter for a room assignment? They have always taken our bags long before we even get inside to the counter. Not really worried, just wondering what the procedure is.

Larry

They'll have the cabin assignment before you make it to the counter. The porters will have a list of updated assignments and will put your cabin number on your tag (or make a new tag for you).

They'll have the cabin assignment before you make it to the counter. The porters will have a list of updated assignments and will put your cabin number on your tag (or make a new tag for you).

Thanks for the info. I guess we'll get a sneak peek before we check in.:)

On our last cruise we did the $100 cruise credit thing and went ahead and signed up for our next cruise for 2013. What is the difference in a "ghost category" and a guarantee cabin? The girl on the Island Princess said it was BZ, a ghost category.

On our last cruise we did the $100 cruise credit thing and went ahead and signed up for our next cruise for 2013. What is the difference in a "ghost category" and a guarantee cabin? The girl on the Island Princess said it was BZ, a ghost category.

This is the first time I have heard of "ghost" catagory. Is this the new fancy name for guarantee? :confused:

It's not a ghost category. BZs are the old BHs -- I think on the Island there might only be two of them, all the way forward on Emerald Deck. It's a popular category for guarantees, as it's the lowest-priced balcony category, and of course with only two actual cabins in that category, the odds of being upgraded to a higher balcony category are pretty good. But there are indeed cabins in that category, even if just a couple, so it's not actually a ghost category. Sounds like the Future Cruise Consultant you talked to needs a little training to avoid misleading customers.

I can stop checking my reservation several times daily. I wasn't even going to check today (it's Monday) but I did around 1:00 and no cabin assigned, as expected. Then just checked about 10 minutes ago and my cabin was assigned. I also checked my dad's reservation and their guarantee was also assigned today.

No upgrade, exactly the category within the level we had booked the guarantee. I think they were likely busy upgrading everyone out of those categories to make room for us guarantees to take their cabins--we booked on a great sale so feel pretty safe to think we paid less than others. I'm very happy with my location--scared for my parents as they are all the way forward, and it's their first cruise. Hopefully won't be too bad motion wise as it's the inner passage Vancouver to Whittier. I don't recall ever feeling the boat move last year on the reverse direction. I even missed my "sea legs" at port or going home. Felt kinda robbed..Maybe I should sleep in their cabin. LOl

Hmm..wonder if anyone cancels now that all the cabins are assigned if we would get upgraded. I should keep checking. Ha Ha. Just kidding!

Archived