On the PG

Molokai-Chuck

DGK,

As to the deck 7...we are in 716....I hear a chair drag now and then around 7am....then again 5pmish. The band plays around 4 to 6pm...and can hear them just right with the sliding door open...or hardly at all with it closed....other than that ....just fine.

Chuck

Enjoy your last few days onboard Chuck as the memories will have to last until 2014!

Arnold said the same thing to me last year when he took my plate - I was almost embarassed to have someone take my plate for me when the seas were calm. Now I have a few more white hair so I guess its OK!

Excited to hear that some of the pG staff will be on board TM.

So glad to hear that the service level is meeting expectations! Any idea how sold-out your cruise is? I'm wondering if part of the reason that some of the pax on my cruise were less than satisfied is that it's just hard for the PG to keep up that same stellar level for every single person when it's a sold-out sailing (which ours was).

I figure ours was sold out because it was over a holiday (July 4) so lots of folks had paid time off already, and planned their vacation time around it. Our company actually shuts down for the entire week of July 4 every year, so we always take a lengthy vacation arranged around that. The timing of our itinerary was perfect!

Leeann last year our cruise has 345 passengers that is a number of triples on a sold out ship and I think the service was pretty good. But, like you said elsewhere it is linked to your expectations.

Aloha all...we are almost to Moorea....a half day early! We should be there by 3pm they said. Another Bonus today was this....

We did a circle of the Atoll that Marlon Brando owned, now that is being built with huts and bungalows for guests next year. They said this was decided late yesterday after leaving Fakarava. We spent about an hour slowly going around the atoll. It is soooo beautiful!

We also had all the ships flags out and the singers out, and an aircraft filming the PG doing this special sailing. Was very nice.

The day in Fakarava was very nice....small winds...big sun.

The folks that did the Blue Lagoon were very pleased.

Mary and I walked this visit....must have done at least 2-3 miles.

Also, need to thank Roger....man of Tess, for all his help on the Chris tour on Bora Bora. He was a big help getting us snorkelers and gear in and out of the boat at each stop.

Emdee.... you need to work your Magic for 2014... get us a good deal ya know.

Well time for Tea...and dessert too!

Chuck

Chuck when you are on board do talk to them about the 2014 plan. I was to talk to Amber today but it didnt happen!

I am thinking of suggesting 2 days in Motu Mahana. I know it means extra work for the staff as it's a busy day but its a day that is synonymous with all that the pG is about IMO.

You are so lucky to go around that island - I really wanted to do the visit last year but of course the cost - 1500 or 1800 for the heli visit didnt make sense to me.

Enjoy these last days!

Miriam

Chuck - glad to hear you are having a great trip. You got on as we were getting off! It was our best cruise ever.

I just wanted to chime in that we had NO service problems what so ever. We felt it was the friendliest staff and passenger mix we have ever experienced. We attribute it to the small ship. We received great service from all the wait staff, Erlinda our room steward was great and was very friendly greeting us every time she saw us asking about our day etc, made sure we were kept stocked in water after I asked the first day and a few other little touches. I too had to let the wait staff carry my plates and had to stop them from refilling drinks several times, even had great experiences with the tour desk. Can vouch that the Dr is top notch. So many of the staff went out of their way and truly made it an incredible trip.

Debbie

Give us the details on this 2014 cruise.

How many nights?

What islands?

What month?

Any thoughts to hit a few new places yhough I know it would be tough because of the mooring issue but they do handle it nicely in places like Aitutaki & Rarotonga. Tikehau, Maupiti & Tetiaroa come to mind.

Hi Tiki,

I had asked for 2014 late june/july 10 or 11 day. I had no thought for visiiting special isalnds just the tried and tested places with a couple of add ons. A special event at the BB Thalosso, special pricing at the IC Tahiti or a free night, instead of Rangiroa 2 days in Motu Mahana one on the way in and one on the way out. To me thoughmy favourite is the BB MOtu - Motu Mahana for many is what PG is all about.

Dont know if it will happen as they havent committed yet. Hope they do as it will be fun to get together with PG regulars. I will bring it up with Richard Bailey in December on the TM.

That time of the year was picked because Steve, Chuck and Texed all come from teaching families and they cannot take off except at holiday time. Though winter months are better for me it will be good to get all together.

If PG cruises doesnt do this it will prove that I likely will have better luck with Larry Pimentel than with Richard Bailey. Larry is a very customer receptive CEO.

Ah ............. December has 'holiday' time :rolleyes:

Double days on Mahana sounds good, so does a special day at the Thalasso. Remember The Brando is going to be managed by IC and the PG client base would fit nicely into the marketing plan for this incredible property.

Maupiti is Bora Bora 40 years go

Most of us have been to Rangiroa so Tikehau could be considered. I like cruises that give us something new plus a bit of the familar :)

The Brando is a good idea but they are trying to make it very exclusive so unlikely they will bring us there.

December has holiday time but its also family time for most.

What is the Maupiti infrastructure?

I am not against new islands Tikehau would be good too.

Why dont you try your charm with PG cruises as well.

Not me, that's your job :)

I'm better at making things happen on time after they are planned.

Maupiti?

Never been there but many rave about it as being like Bora Bora was 40 years ago.

The owner of the Maupiti express has the nicest place to stay on the island, the only one with A/C but probably couldn't handle the PG crowd.

REmember the PG is visiting Rurutu, not exactly a huge population or big infrastructure.

This will be the last posting....about out of minutes... Was a great cruise and Time for sure... Met some really great folks...some from here on CC. Theresa...Kevin, Tess plus one (Roger), who donated me his Aloha style shirts...Mahalo to them!

Linda, Jim...and many others!!!

I am ready for home too! However....PG ang FP flu had brabbed me once again....

Back on here next week.

Aloha, Chuck and Mary

I know Chuck won't mind me adding to his comments, (because I asked him first!!) but this has been a wonderful cruise, we're in Moorea, the sea is blue, green, shimmering, the sky is blue, the sun is shining, and very soon at 5pm there is the Captain's farewell Party as we leave the bay as we sail to Papeete. The fantastic group Siglo will be playing on the Pool Deck as we farewell this beautiful island. . We have enjoyed this cruise so much and i will write a report next week, - there have been no issues as far as I am concerned, we have been overwhelmed with the level of excellent service. This cruise has met - and exceeded our expectations.

If anyone has questions, - please ask. I know I have been an avid reader of all the comments prior to our cruise, and I am happy to pass on any info' that might help any future PG cruisers. Suffice to say, we will be back, this was our first ever cruise, and we have been utterly spoilt.

It's going to be tough waiting until the next PG trip!!!

Tess

I know Chuck won't mind me adding to his comments, (because I asked him first!!) but this has been a wonderful cruise, we're in Moorea, the sea is blue, green, shimmering, the sky is blue, the sun is shining, and very soon at 5pm there is the Captain's farewell Party as we leave the bay as we sail to Papeete. The fantastic group Siglo will be playing on the Pool Deck as we farewell this beautiful island. . We have enjoyed this cruise so much and i will write a report next week, - there have been no issues as far as I am concerned, we have been overwhelmed with the level of excellent service. This cruise has met - and exceeded our expectations.

If anyone has questions, - please ask. I know I have been an avid reader of all the comments prior to our cruise, and I am happy to pass on any info' that might help any future PG cruisers. Suffice to say, we will be back, this was our first ever cruise, and we have been utterly spoilt.

It's going to be tough waiting until the next PG trip!!!

Tess

LIKE! (Oh wait, this isn't Facebook, I can't like this...) :p

I was right where you are about a week ago. SO glad you had as great a time as I did! I'm still suffering from PG fever...wanna go back so bad...

I'm just home from the 10-day cruise too. I thought the service was great as was everything else. There were really no negatives. (with the possible exception of the weather for the first few days!)

My favorite snorkeling spot was the one that Ato Lissant took us to on Fakarava. Fantastic!

Chuck,

Any noise from above you being on the 7th floor ? Good for you getting the upgrade !

Thanks so much, enjoy reading your updates, Donna

we had some noise one night above us (kids running around at midnight unsupervised) but I didn't notice much noise during the day, or any other night. It was just the once when we were in bed and it was super quiet that we heard anything above us...

Last night DD and myself discussed the room stewardesses. Yes they may not be as good as some of the others and you tend to never see them at all except on day 1 but to us as long as the room is cleaned they are a relatively unimportant link in the chain.

Time and time again we get so blown away by the beauty of FP and the warmth of the PG staff the inessential things dont upset us.

our room stewardess could have been better (would forget to replace beach towels or forget to replenish the water in the fridge, or she would take the dirty drinking glasses when cleaning and not leave clean ones so we had nothing to drink out of etc), but I think that might be a PG issue as she seemed to have a lot of rooms to do, and was always in a rush. she was certainly not the best we had ever had, but it wasn't a big enough deal for us to complain about as the room was clean and always had toiletries and toilet paper :), it was just the little things (I won't mention her name as I don't want her to get in trouble). A friend on the same floor didn't have these issues (same stewardess), so I'm not sure what was going on there...

BUT, that being said, someone else in our group was on deck 3 and RAVED about how great hers was, her fridge was always stocked, room perfectly clean, clothes folded, any requests attended to, (and even introduced me to her stewardess, named April). I think it just the luck of the draw with that onboard.

So glad to hear that the service level is meeting expectations! Any idea how sold-out your cruise is? I'm wondering if part of the reason that some of the pax on my cruise were less than satisfied is that it's just hard for the PG to keep up that same stellar level for every single person when it's a sold-out sailing (which ours was).

I figure ours was sold out because it was over a holiday (July 4) so lots of folks had paid time off already, and planned their vacation time around it. Our company actually shuts down for the entire week of July 4 every year, so we always take a lengthy vacation arranged around that. The timing of our itinerary was perfect!

our cruise was also sold out and every cabin taken as Jean-Michel Cousteau was on board. Seemed to be a lot of kids too. Never had an issue getting a table or anything.

The Brando is a good idea but they are trying to make it very exclusive so unlikely they will bring us there.

December has holiday time but its also family time for most.

What is the Maupiti infrastructure?

I am not against new islands Tikehau would be good too.

Why dont you try your charm with PG cruises as well.

I think we went past the Brando island (personal theory) as the new hotel is being built by Dick Bailey who owns the PG and IC Tahiti, Moorea, and BB locations, I'm thinking they will start offering pre/post packages there, and wanted to show it off to us? Just my thought... It was stunning and a treat to see it, but I think that it had an ulterior motive :). When I was at IC Moorea the bar manager was telling me about the new hotel and how amazing it will be. He was being transferred there when it opened he said.

Archived