I'm very irritated at NCL. Won't respond to Latitudes emails

sdmike

I agree, but if you have no acknowledgement that they received the email, or no response on how long it might take to get to me, you generally assuming that they didn't get it (or it got lost)

That lack of an auto-generated reply to my first e-mail was the reason that I followed up with a second e-mail a few weeks later. I assumed NCL didn't receive the first one. Sounds like an easy fix on NCL's part via MeHeartCruising's software suggestion.

Dear sdmike,

Thank you for posting your concerns on Cruise Critic.

We are sorry to hear about the inconvenience you've experienced and understand your frustration. We'd be happy to assist you with your inquiry, please forward your email to socialmedia@ncl.com.

Best,

Norwegian Public Relations

Thanks again. I have sent the email.

Best Regards

Just wanted to post the response that I received from NCL to the same minor Latitudes question. Response is in green and took about a month. I e-mailed them twice in that time period.

Good afternoon Mrs. Jasinski,

Minor children are assigned a Client id number and once they reach 18 years of age that number will serve as their latitude number. At the time, all sailings listed under his profile will be calculated, he will receive points for all of his sailings, and his status will be adjusted at that time.

Kindest regards,

Sherri | Latitudes Rewards Desk

800.327.7030 | fax 305.436.4143

Norwegian Cruise Line ®

7665 Corporate Center Drive | Miami FL 33126

Freestyle Cruising ®

ncl.com

Socialize with us

sdmike, is this a different phone number than you've tried in the past?

Mrs. Squirrel, Thank You So Very Much...............You have just made my son's day.......& mine too. Seems to me I heard 18 another time, but kind of disregarded it. I know in Feb. I was told by the Latts. Dept. it was 21... It's the old cliché ask a different person....get a different answer.. I hope the person who said 18...........is the real story. Thank You Again !!!!!!

That lack of an auto-generated reply to my first e-mail was the reason that I followed up with a second e-mail a few weeks later. I assumed NCL didn't receive the first one. Sounds like an easy fix on NCL's part via MeHeartCruising's software suggestion.

I can't say I'm in favor of the auto-generated replies or voice mail for that matter. I think these two items have really hurt customer service and frustrated and angered many customers.

Too many company employees rely on these items while sitting at their desk letting the phone ring and getting back to customers on their time and when it's convenient to them. Or letting the emails pile up until they decide to take the time to answer them. There is nothing worse IMO than sitting around for days hoping the phone will ring and if you go out missing the call which you cannot call back without the voice mail taking another message. You waste a lot of time playing telephone tag. Or checking your email continually hoping to get an answer.

The other problem with these are, that you still need someone to follow up in the time stated. Which in my experience in most companies I have dealt with that use either one of these systems, doesn't happen.

For example NCL quotes "Due to an overwhelming response to the new Latitudes Rewards program, we are experiencing delays. Response time to your inquiry can take up to 2 weeks. Please do not resubmit your request. All inquiries will be addressed in the order they were received."

And yet the OP states he has been trying for a "couple" of weeks, there are posts on here that state 3 weeks, 3 weeks and still waiting, 3+ weeks, a few weeks, almost a month etc. So where is the "up to 2 weeks".

IMO a customer's time is just as valued and important as that employee trying to get other work done without ansering the phone every time it rings or replying to emails on a consistent basis. The only difference is, is that the employee gets paid to have their time interupted the customer is the one that is paying it.

Edited by che5904

For example NCL quotes "Due to an overwhelming response to the new Latitudes Rewards program, we are experiencing delays. Response time to your inquiry can take up to 2 weeks. Please do not resubmit your request. All inquiries will be addressed in the order they were received."

And yet the OP states he has been trying for a "couple" of weeks, there are posts on here that state 3 weeks, 3 weeks and still waiting, 3+ weeks, a few weeks, almost a month etc. So where is the "up to 2 weeks".

It took us 3-4 weeks after I had contacted latitudes about our Hawiian cruise to get our points posted.

Every phone attempt (various numbers, menu selections, departments) gets me to a dead end, with someone telling me the Latitudes Desk is email only. On NCL's website they list a number for the department, but it's actually the reservation number, and they can't do anything except seem surprised that I called them. It's stupid. Remove the phone number or have it really reach someone in latitudes

sense my frustration?

-Sigh-

I agree, I sent an email several weeks ago to try to correct the account info. That was after trying to call number listed and speaking to several folks who advised only way to make contact is by email. So far I have heard nothing. I have not sent repeated emails because I figured they overloaded.

I thought I might try to resolve when we get on board the JADE if I don't get results via email. Years ago, I had a difficult time correcting history on another cruise line, the onboard membership staff member was the only one who got it corrected.

The only way to reach the Latitudes desk (according to NCL) is via email. Problem is, I have emailed them every other day for the last couple of weeks to solve a problem and have gotten ZERO response from anyone.

Hey NCL, get your stuff together, will you? Your biggest proponents and frequent cruisers are having trouble getting their problems solved, and it's pissing us off!

Mike,

Try hitting ncl up on twitter. They were very helpful to me when I had an issue where the shore excursion department was extremely unresponsive. It was fixed in a couple days.

Edit: nevermind, just saw NCL social media team replied on here.

Edited by chillyw

I agree. If a company takes 2-3 weeks to reply without so much as a auto reply email and work order #, that company isn't going to have my business...

IMHO, I hate corresponding by email unless one needs proof of some correspondence. There is no guarantee that an email is received, sent to somebody's junk file or whatever.

It almost sounds like a commercial on why I have gone away from online TA's and use a PCC. Their service is invaluable if you have a good one.

I'm not sure why the OP is emailing Latitudes anyway as the problem may be perceived and not really a problem anyway. I've had a misspelling of a name before (my fault, on-line TA) and I just called their general phone number and got it rectified in no time.

I've found their service just fine.

For those still waiting to hear back from NCL, I thought I'd let you know I heard back regarding missing cruise points this morning. Took about 3 weeks or so, I only sent one message. So they are getting back - just takes some time.

KUDOS to the NCL Public Relations desk!!

I just wanted people to know that my problems have been addressed after having posted here, and my online and latitudes accounts are now back in order. We have the right people on the right reservations on the right myNCL accounts and with the right latitudes status. :)

Thank you very much NCL PR desk for helping expedite this before my cruise next week. I can rest knowing that the screwy information in our accounts and reservations will no longer present a risk to us on our upcoming trip.

All companies have issues

Good companies address them

Thank you

Edited by sdmike

I just wanted people to know that my problems have been addressed after having posted here, and my online and latitudes accounts are now back in order. We have the right people on the right reservations on the right myNCL accounts and with the right latitudes status. :)

Thank you very much NCL PR desk for helping expedite this before my cruise next week. I can rest knowing that the screwy information in our accounts and reservations will no longer present a risk to us on our upcoming trip.

Thank you

Glad your problem was resolved!

Now enjoy your cruise!

Thank you

Too cool, glad everything has been worked out. Enjoy your cruise.:D

Kudos to NCL for addressing the issue, and swiftly resolving it to your complete satisfaction, and Kudos to you for reporting back.

So glad your stress level has seen dramatic reduction, and that you'll be able to completely relax and enjoy your cruise.

Have a fabulous time! :D

Like everyone else, I'm glad NCL fixed the problem. Unfortunately it took a post on this website which is public to the world to get it accomplished. It seems like this could have been resolved a lot more efficiently by NCL right from the beginning. I guess they were more motivated by the bad publicity. Sad that is what it takes to make things right.

On a happier note, only 9 days till Alaska for me!!!!!!! Last year I took the same cruise and we missed Juneau due to a propeller problem on the Pearl so we are hoping for smooth sailing this year.

Thank you

Yay, so glad you got that sorted before your cruise......now go and ENJOY.....look forward to hearing all about it :)

Like everyone else, I'm glad NCL fixed the problem. Unfortunately it took a post on this website which is public to the world to get it accomplished. It seems like this could have been resolved a lot more efficiently by NCL right from the beginning. I guess they were more motivated by the bad publicity. Sad that is what it takes to make things right.

On a happier note, only 9 days till Alaska for me!!!!!!! Last year I took the same cruise and we missed Juneau due to a propeller problem on the Pearl so we are hoping for smooth sailing this year.

I'm leaving the day before you! Have fun!

I am happy that you heard from them but I haven't and it has been over a month. I sent both an email and went through the website where they state that it may take up to "two weeks" to hear back from them due to an overload! So not everyone is as lucky as you!:mad:

I am happy that you heard from them but I haven't and it has been over a month. I sent both an email and went through the website where they state that it may take up to "two weeks" to hear back from them due to an overload! So not everyone is as lucky as you!:mad:

Have you tried sending an email to the address that NCL PR posted on this thread. Maybe they can help you too.