NCL OBC -on board credit free!! $100

vicnkojo

Yeah, I got my OBC applied late last week for my upcoming thanksgiving cruise. Had Mom apply and her's just got applied to a cruise we have booked in 2013.

When talking with my PCC, she told me they had just received an email talking about this promotion and they are no longer supposed to apply to old bookings, only to new ones.

I spoke with my PCC today and she said the same thing..and added that a lot of the PCC's have gotten into trouble for over riding the system to put the credit in on old bookings. She said they got notice of this a few days ago so apparently some of the part time PCC have put the whole thing into a frenzy.

Just got off the phone with NCL and the girl said that since I booked with a TA, I would either have to get the TA to apply the credit or call back between 0800-2200 Eastern time and ask to speak to the NCL groups agent to apply the credit to our upcoming December cruise. TA said that he couldn't apply it. Seems that I get a different answer from everyone and no one seems to be able to apply the credit or even look it up!

Well, we called THE 866 # and called again and again and again for the HSN credit.......every time, got different answers from different reps....talked to the supervisor (some one called Tameika)once, she did not know anything about how to apply the OBC to either of my reservations! She was a dumb woman who just kept reading from a script and harping on and on and on that the OBC cannot be applied to an existing reservation. Then our friends called and said that they got the OBC applied to an existing reservation via a very knowledgible rep who answered the 866 #. So we called again. This time we got a very nice person on the line who said that yes it can be done and she checked for us and she told us that she can see that the OBC is already applied to our upcoming cruise in January. So finally this saga is over!:rolleyes: i hope!

I have not received any email confirmation from NCL or my TA about it being applied so am awaiting that. Does anyone know how to see that on MyNCL?

I spoke with my PCC today and she said the same thing..and added that a lot of the PCC's have gotten into trouble for over riding the system to put the credit in on old bookings. She said they got notice of this a few days ago so apparently some of the part time PCC have put the whole thing into a frenzy.

Perhaps, but if they can do it for one, then they have to do it for all. otherwise it is not fair to other customers. So keep trying.

This makes sense. Errors have been made trying to help us, but now jobs are on the line. Never seemed like NCL would establish a program to give everyone with a booked cruise $100. Makes sense for new bookings. Suggest we back off...

I'm so sorry but I didn't get his name (I know, bad). Just wanted to point out that there are some very helpful and capable people working the phones for NCL. :)

No problem. Thanks for posting info.

We kept trying and got a really nice person who explained everything and told us that she can see that the OBC was already applied to an upcoming cruise. That was good news.

Thank you, i can see it now on vacation summary.

Take a screen shot that shows the OBC and print out for your records. Just to be sure. Remember to take it with you when you cruise. Basically take all documentation of what is due to you. Best to be safe.

Happy Cruising!

Every time I call the reps and the supervisor just refuse. Either the supervisors are not doing their jobs or they are just dumb and do not know how to apply the OBC. On top of it the supervisor told me that all people who posted here that they got the OBC may be lying! Ridiculous!

Damn disappointed with NCL for not getting their act together! What a shame!

The promotion is for NEW BOOKINGS.

Sorry if someone isn't breaking the rules for you

After learning about the HSN promotion, I applied immediately online. While waiting for the brochure, I heard all of the troubles people were having getting the discount applied to cruises already reserved. On Sunday I called NCL even though the brochure had not arrived yet. They told me the $100 was attached to my Latitudes number, but they could not apply it to the cruise because it wasn't "new." They did, however, suggest I could have my TA cancel and rebook. Late yesterday I e-mailed my TA. Today I got a message back from her saying it was a done deal. No discussion necessary. No need for brochure number. No problem whatsoever.

Even if I didn't already get better prices from my TA than the cruise lines offer, I would love them for the level of service alone.

A great reason to use a travel agent

I understand that there are rules, but they should be applied to everyone equally or not at all. The worst part is that they are treating the customers with such disrespect. When I called and asked about the credit being applied to existing reservations, I was told that it applied to new bookings only (ok, I can understand that, but then it should be the same for everyone). When I said that there were several people that had it applied to existing bookings, I was told that there was absolutely no way that happened unless they cancelled and rebooked (which I KNOW wasn't the case). I was basically called a liar. I insisted that was what was being posted online at which time I was told that Norwegian isn't making money on any of their cruises and we are all online conspiring to make them lose more money than they already are losing. I was told that they did this promotion out of desperation to bring in new customers, not reward old ones. It makes me wonder why I should ever book a cruise with them again...since they obviously don't want my repeat business.:mad:

I understand that there are rules, but they should be applied to everyone equally or not at all. The worst part is that they are treating the customers with such disrespect. When I called and asked about the credit being applied to existing reservations, I was told that it applied to new bookings only (ok, I can understand that, but then it should be the same for everyone). When I said that there were several people that had it applied to existing bookings, I was told that there was absolutely no way that happened unless they cancelled and rebooked (which I KNOW wasn't the case). I was basically called a liar. I insisted that was what was being posted online at which time I was told that Norwegian isn't making money on any of their cruises and we are all online conspiring to make them lose more money than they already are losing. I was told that they did this promotion out of desperation to bring in new customers, not reward old ones. It makes me wonder why I should ever book a cruise with them again...since they obviously don't want my repeat business.:mad:

I'm sorry you feel entitled to someone breaking the rules for you.

As you know from reading these boards if you hang up and call again you usually get a different answer.

Life isn't fair.

Starting to freak out a little after hearing about the cabin change after someone tried to get the credit applied. I just tried to log into my account on NCL.com and it's saying that my information doesn't match any of their records.:confused:

I'm sorry you feel entitled to someone breaking the rules for you.

As you know from reading these boards if you hang up and call again you usually get a different answer.

Life isn't fair.

I never said I felt entitled to someone breaking the rules. I said that they should be applied across the board and that they shouldn't be rude to their customers. I don't think that is too much to ask.

You do have to cancel and rebook, it's for new bookings, thats how it's always been. If the price has changed or other promo OBCs don't apply, thats the way it is. You need to cancel and rebook at the current price and promo. We cancelled and rebooked both our 2013 cruises no problem. We did wait for the DASH promo to be offered again, as it was when we originally booked, they will combine it.

If the price has changed or you will lose another promo you need to consider the difference. It's great for new bookings and a nice little extra for people who book far in advance. This is the same as most NCL OBC promos.

I do hope you all get your OBC, I know $100 is nice money, but seems to me the policy on this promo is consistent with NCLs normal policy.

I'll also say a great PCC makes thing a lot easier.

You do have to cancel and rebook, it's for new bookings, thats how it's always been. If the price has changed or other promo OBCs don't apply, thats the way it is. You need to cancel and rebook at the current price and promo. We cancelled and rebooked both our 2013 cruises no problem. We did wait for the DASH promo to be offered again, as it was when we originally booked, they will combine it.

If the price has changed or you will lose another promo you need to consider the difference. It's great for new bookings and a nice little extra for people who book far in advance. This is the same as most NCL OBC promos.

I do hope you all get your OBC, I know $100 is nice money, but seems to me the policy on this promo is consistent with NCLs normal policy.

I'll also say a great PCC makes thing a lot easier.

As I said, I don't have a problem with these rules. I understand the reason behind them. What I don't understand is why they felt the need to be rude when I was simply trying to explain what was being said online. I told them that I was willing to cancel and rebook the cruise I have booked for 2013, but they told me that they couldn't do that until I receive the book in the mail, but they couldn't guarantee that I would get it before the end of the month when the promotion expires. I understand a little more what has been going on now that I've read this thread. I had not read it prior to calling. I was referring to things I had been told on FB. I just don't think it was necessary to be so rude.

Weird. My PCC talked to her supervisor to figure out how to apply it. :confused:

I am in the U.K. and have already booked our Epic cruise for December this year. Final payment is in September. I phoned the freephone number to try and get them to send me out a brochure as there isn't anyway to do it online. The lady went away and asked then said yes they would send me one out but stressed that this would be for new bookings only.

I understand your point a 100%! Don't give up.

Weird. My PCC talked to her supervisor to figure out how to apply it. :confused:

Same here. Our PCC called both my friend and myself 2 days after we requested the brochure. He took care of hers no problem, but for some reason mine was showing up with no address and he couldn't get it to work. He actually spoke with 3 supervisors who helped him apply it.

I agree with you totally. NCL has made such a mess of this promotion and the longer this goes, the more their image suffers. It was obviously not well thought out to begin with, and NCL staff were poorly informed and therefore resulted in major inconsistencies with allowing the credit from flat-out denial of the credit even though you requested the brochure and booked within the 7-1 to 8-31 timeframe, to allowing 3 $100 credits to 3 future cruises for one cruiser on this board even though my understanding is it was 1 credit per household.

I called the 866 # rather than do the brochure request online as I thought it would probably be quicker. The nice lady said my credit would be attached to a new latitudes # which would be merged with my current # later. I was told YES. BY A NCL rep. As the fiasco continued, I got nervous and called my PCC who said "for new bookings only". He denied any knowledge of the "drama" going on with this, but I'm not buying it. He said he would talk to his supervisor and call me back within 24 hours which ended yesterday afternoon and have not heard a word. In mho, someone a NCL with the authority to do so needs to end this mess by simply decreeing that anyone who requested this brochure or called the 866# AND has a reservation booked between 7-01 and 8-31 should be allowed the credit, end of story. How many people are talking about here, a few hundred? Most cruisers do not visit cruise critic boards or visit the HSN website and are unaware of the promotion. They will recoup that credit and MORE when we all start ordering martinis, spa treatments and excursions! Not to mention taking away the very bad taste I have in my mouth right now for NCL.:mad:

Archived