NCL OBC -on board credit free!! $100

vicnkojo

LOL, they all have the barcodes. They also have miniature letters/numbers in the the upper right corner. Have you received the email saying they merged your Latitude accounts? That seems to be the real key to getting the OBC.

Hopefully if you call they can apply it for you although my PCC did say they are not supposed to apply it to any cruise that was booked before the coupon was applied for. I just booked a cruise today but my HSN-OBC is still among the missing but is noted on the invoice that it should be applied.

I got the new Lattitudes number merge and received the letter and brochure in the mail today but I have tried more then once to call and I can't get it with out rebooking.

This seems so random and I'm not happy they changed my number especially since I can't get the obc.

I even had a pcc call me the day after I applied for the book. She couldn't apply it, or said it would not let her.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I have received no merged latitude accounts e-mail, no letter, nor my brochure I applied for weeks ago (though someone just recently posted they got theirs in a week)! But I did get the OBC on our existing reservation without re-booking. It just all seems very random chance. :confused:

Same with me - no brochure yet, no email - no change in my latitudes number, either.

I did get the credit.

Makes no sense, but grateful I was able to get the credit!

Thanks guys, I'll maybe just call again today. I haven't received the booklet or the merging latitudes # email yet. I am a bit worried I may never get a merging account email because I have a really idiotic long french email address (complete with underscores) that causes me no end of grief regularly, when I have to spell it out over the phone - it's invariably spelled wrong and emails disappear into the ether ;)

Kristy, I might try calling my PCC directly; I thought I'd try the 866 route first because my guy is a pretty hardcore "if you make any changes, it's a cancel and rebook, period" kind of guy..

Re the HSN thing, I think because I'm in Canada the process is a bit different; I couldn't fill in the form, had to call in and give my info verbally. Someone else on the board here (I think) mentioned it likely goes to a different dept.

When I call again I'll ask them to check for a duplicate latitudes account... fingers crossed! All else fails, I'll just cancel & rebook, I only have a $50 OBC right now and technically the HSN OBC is only for new bookings so will just take my lumps haha. The inconsistency is a bit frustrating, though.

Earlier this week I was able to get the $100 applied to our Breakaway cruise next November by calling NCL, no problem.

I have another cruise scheduled on the Gem that I booked with a TA, so I called the TA and gave her the Client ID number (I received the form yesterday). She just called me back and said they they are denying the OBC because I had to book between July 1, 2012 and August 31, 2012.

I told her that's fine and dandy, but the letter doesn't say that, it says book by August 31, 2012.

So now it appears that NCL is saying you need to book within a certain window, but you'll only know if you call.

Saw this post and registered on HSN last Sat (7/28), booked cruise and made deposit Tue (7/31), merge email came on Thur (8/2), OBC applied Thur (8/2). No book or letter yet.

When the merge email came in, I called the number on it to question why my Lattitude account was being merged and allowed (led) the conversation to spill into the OBC. 10 minutes later after being transfered to a different group, $100 added to reservation. I booked through a TA but called NCL and they applied.

Again, I didn't make my final payment and I booked between July 1st and August 31st. Not sure if that factored in to how easy it was.

Thanks to the original post on this, if you're on the 11/7/12 sailing of the GEM, you have a cocktail of your choice waiting for you!

Good luck to all, hope you get yours.

Just tried the 0699 and was shot down. They said they needed to cancel and rebook. Since I booked under the kids sail free, rebooking is not an option.

Just keep trying...it took me 3 calls and I told them that there was a long thread on CC of all the people that have been getting the OBC and you want it too...I did that and got a very nice supervisor named Sean and he took care of it right away...one of the others on my roll call also booked durring the the kids sail free and got it...I booked last Feb and they gave it to me...just be persistant. :rolleyes:

I booked for 1/11/14 in March. I requested the brochure last weekend. I hadn't received anything yet, but took a chance because the promotion & cost now is exactly the same as when I booked in March & today is the last day of the sale.

I called the 866# today & explained that today was the last day of the sale & wondered if the obc had been attached to my lattitudes yet, cust service rep pulled up my name & saw my reservation & the OBC was already attached to my existing lattitudes #. She said I would have to rebook. I told her the sale was the same & she checked & agreed.

Then said she rebooked, the reservation #,room, rate, original OBC & the original deposit date are the same. HSN OBC was added. Check in is still 100% complete. The only thing that has changed is the booking date which is now today.

Very painless thank you NCL, good luck to everyone else.

Since the rules have tightened on the use of OBC, I'd rather have a lower fare. Seems like OBC from NCL can no longer be used for daily $12 gratuity. We don't spend much money while on ship or for shore excursions, so we don't need much OBC. And then there's that business about refundable and non-refundable OBC.:rolleyes:

I booked June 11 for a january 2013 cruise and they shot me down. They said I had to book between July 1 and August 31 to get the credit, since it was in June I would have to cancel and rebook. It's ridiculous, so now I've lost out on the Lattitudes obc of $70 because they cannot combine with the promo I booked (the free wine, choc. covered strawberries, and 2 dinners for 2) and now I lost out on the $100 HSN obc. So I thought about canceling and rebooking...only to find the prices went up by $150 per person. So not worth it. They need to put this information in print somewhere on this paperwork to save us all from wasting our time.

I'm new to NCL, so no original lattitudes number. Booked a 7 nighter in early July, then a few days later saw this post (thanks OP!). I ordered the brochure online, then called a week later and ordered by phone. 2 weeks after the original online ordering, I finally got 3??? brochures, all with a different code on the top right.

My TA had said that I could get the $100 added if I cancel and rebook. I called the TA and gave my HSN number and was on hold for 30 mins as NCL apparently made a mistake in giving me 3 separate numbers and couldn't figure out which one was 'correct'.

Anyways, they are figuring it out and the cancel and rebook should be OK since the price on the cruise has not changed at all. This should add a nice $100 OBC (as long as everything still goes through well-fingers crossed) which should buy us a couple of nice bottles of wine on the cruise! Thanks!

Applied online for the HSN brochure about 3 weeks ago. Got the catalog and letter and contacted NCL about OB. They said it was tied to my latitudes account. I had booked a cruise for Feb. 2013 in JANuary. They told me my TA had to call and apply the OB to my cruise. Contacted my TA and the contacted NL and now I have the HSN OBC:). No rebooking necessary. No need for letter.

I requested the brochure on line yesterday. From what I have been reading it will take about 3 weeks to receive it, correct?? And then I call my TA with the code and get a FREE 100.00 OBC? I just booked my cruise this Wed so I guess I am in the right time frame.

Does this all sound correct?

I was a lot disappointed when I got the email from NCL about the duplicate Latitude accounts. I had mine since 1996 and it's on the key card and luggage tags I have from them and it's a much lower #. I don't know why they would choose the new one to use. I actually emailed them and ask to change it back but haven't heard anything. I know it's trivial...but it was my # :(. I did get the $100 applied to a booked cruise I have in December and, no I haven't seen the brochure yet. We are trying to get my DH's applied to a booked cruise in March and the TA said it wasn't eligable with the Suite OBC and Dash Sale Promo. Anyone else able to apply it to an already booked cruise with those two promos?

It's definitely not compatible with DASH I found that out yesterday when I tried to apply HSN and DASH together. Not sure about suite OBC as we are not in suite booking. I think the future cruise certificate can be used with this,. Good luck.

I applied online, got my brochure and letter, probably within a week to 10 days. I called NCL today and they applied the credit with no questions asked. I booked the cruise in July, for a June 2013 sailing. I chose to not go through my TA unless NCL told me to - I figured it would just add an additional step. I just called and asked them if I could apply the credit, that I had the letter, but had already booked the cruise. The agent said no problem and put me on hold. I was on hold for quite some time, but he came back several times and eventually he told me the credit was applied!

I'm so glad to be a part of these boards and found out about this credit!

Is there a way to verify that the credit has been applied? I don't see it anywhere on the site for my cruise. I had called and was told that they would apply the credit; however, I don't want to wait til boarding to find out if there was a mistake and I didn't get the credit.

I received my brochure yesterday. It did take a couple weeks. I am now waiting for my TA to call me back (I guess they were too busy today and I have made final payment). It would be great if they accept it!!

The info I got from NCL a couple of days ago is that once you are past your final payment date, the only way to get the credit applied is to cancel and rebook. I was warned however, that if the price had gone up since your initial booking, that the new price would apply. Also, and this is why I have not rebooked: my cabin class, family suite, is totally booked and in fact there is a "waiting list" for them. I was told that if I cancelled, there was a chance someone else could rebook the cabin before I could. For that reason, I just forgot about the credit. Hopefully, I can get it applied to a future cruise in 2013.

Archived