NCL OBC -on board credit free!! $100

vicnkojo

Hi Patrick..hope all is well. Our PCC (or should I say yours) was unable to credit our upcoming cruise, we would not rebook since we did it with Amex OBC, not going to lose my $500 OBC. . This really has created a stir which appears to have brought out the worst in alot of people on these boards!

Try again! call another PCC, I was able to have the 100.00 obc applied to an already existing booking. I did not cancel and rebook, this would have cost me about 2000.00 since prices have gone up since January. I also used the AMEX promo for the 500.00 obc and did not lose that. I have the email confirming 600.00 obc. Keep trying!:)

Try again! call another PCC, I was able to have the 100.00 obc applied to an already existing booking. I did not cancel and rebook, this would have cost me about 2000.00 since prices have gone up since January. I also used the AMEX promo for the 500.00 obc and did not lose that. I have the email confirming 600.00 obc. Keep trying!:)

I am not obsessed enough to keep trying, I am happy for everyone who got it. :) thanks anyway!

I''m sorry, did not mean to be rude. It's late, I kinda read thru quick and responded. I apologize.

btw if you have a Latitude # you definitely do not have to wait until you get the book.

I meant it wasn't necessary for the NCL employee to be so rude. I was just asking questions and she was immediately defensive. I guess I kind of understand why now that I've read this thread, but at the time I had no idea why she immediately started being rude when I was just trying to figure out what was going on. I only knew what few comments I had seen on fb...which were people that I know saying that I could apply it to my upcoming cruise like they did. I wasn't trying to scam anyone or get something over on them, I was just trying to figure it out and didn't think it was necessary or very smart for them to be so rude about it instead of just answering my questions.

Throwing in the towel. Called four times over the last few days and received the same answer...NO. Twice I was put on hold while they tried. The first time I thought they were really trying, the second time after going through the exact same routine (all the time thinking this time it is going to work) the same outcome. I figure they put me on hold go about their business, then come back and say no, so I think they at least tried.

For all of you who got it...congrats. For all of you still trying...I give you credit (hopefully NCL does too).

This is how my scenario went down. Last week I went to HSN and clicked on the button to apply for the brochure, put my info in and away it went. The very next day I got a call from my PCC. She was calling to tell me that there was a slight price drop on the cruise that we booked in April and she went ahead and took care of it for us. Our final payment is due in Sept. At the same time she said to me, Oh I see you applied for the brochure on HSN and there is a $100 on board credit with that. Let me see if I can get that applied for you. It was a done deal. I have a confirmation from her. I think that because we had a slight price drop and she got that for us that constitutes a new booking in their eyes. We still have the same amount in on board credits but I think that they are different credit than what we started with. We now have one for $75, two for $25 each and one for $100. I'm a happy camper. I'm sorry for all of you that it didn't work out for. I think that NCL has some really awful people working for them and then they have some good ones, like my PCC. Good luck to all of you.

Thanks for heads up on this. I signed up online (wasn't sure request went through) and received a very nice booklet and letter a week later (the brochure is a nice aid for cabin locations etc.) sent an e-mail to my PCC who apparently had left NCL and after some run around (to my knowledge they never assigned me a new PCC) talked to another PCC and forwarded my e-mail to him explaining I wanted the 100 credit on existing cruise (I explained that many CC posters had received credit on existing reservations). Said he would check and ten minutes later confirmed additional credit which showed up on my record. Good deal.

I believe that this credit will transfer with my booking if I transfer to TA which is even better.

I want to thank the OP for this post. I applied on July 18. I received my letter yesterday and scanned it and emailed it to my online agent. She just sent me an email stating that she confirmed the HSN $100 OBC with NCL and will apply it to our August 10, 2013 cruise. I already had $120 per cabin OBC so now one of the cabins will have $220 OBC. I am a happy camper!! :D

I agree with everyone frustrated that cannot get this added. I have been successful in getting about 7 added to reservations, then one that did it the correct way signed up then booked a few days later, they claim they have to wait for the packet then book a cruise, when others have been just 48 to 72 hours aftering signing up the credit was able to be added on bookings booked a year ago. I think the biggest thing is when you deal with just a regular NCL Rep not a PCC or calling the Groups Department. The Rep I just spoke with claimed she only had this request one other time and she could not add that one either.

I am thinking PCC's and Group Agents have different access to the list of those that have signed up which is hwy they cannot do this. I tried to walk this agent thru how the others have appeared to do it and she had no idea what I was talking about and said they have no way of seeing if a person has signed up. She tried to contact her Lead and was just told No they cannot do that.

I think the biggest thing is when you deal with just a regular NCL Rep not a PCC or calling the Groups Department. The Rep I just spoke with claimed she only had this request one other time and she could not add that one either.

I am thinking PCC's and Group Agents have different access to the list of those that have signed up which is hwy they cannot do this. I tried to walk this agent thru how the others have appeared to do it and she had no idea what I was talking about and said they have no way of seeing if a person has signed up. She tried to contact her Lead and was just told No they cannot do that.

I'm not sure who I reached when I called the 866 number. I'm new to NCL and booked through a TA, so I'm assuming when I called that I just spoke with a rep. Whoever it was, they were successful.

I booked my cruise on July 16th. That afternoon, I signed up on HSN for the catalog.

Last week I called the 866 # and was transferred to CAS. They saw the OBC, however when she tried to apply it, the amount was zero.

She said to try calling back this week and see if it could be activated then.

I called today - what I thought was direct to CAS (thinking I used the wrong #) After being on hold for 43 minutes (my work phone has a timer), a nice guy tried to help me. Then, he noticed I was booked thru CAS and had to transfer me.

I was put right through and had a very helpful rep. Within 4 minutes, she had applied the OBC and sent me an email confirmation - revised reservation. I looked it over good, making sure no other amounts were changed, cabin, etc.

Score! :D

Thank you NCL (and CAS & HSN) and CC - reading this thread made me try again. (I still haven't received the catalog - which I DO want!)

Which 866# are people having success with? I called 866-234-7350 yesterday and the rep wasn't too sure about it, she asked for my latitudes #, said the credit wasn't showing and I'd have to wait for the booklet.. but she didn't seem really sure about the whole thing and I don't think she checked to see if there was a new latitudes account created for me (which it sounds like you do when you apply for the HSN credit).. Thanks!

Which 866# are people having success with? I called 866-234-7350 yesterday and the rep wasn't too sure about it, she asked for my latitudes #, said the credit wasn't showing and I'd have to wait for the booklet.. but she didn't seem really sure about the whole thing and I don't think she checked to see if there was a new latitudes account created for me (which it sounds like you do when you apply for the HSN credit).. Thanks!

That's the number that I (successfully) used. Did you get an email saying your latitude numbers had been merged?

Thanks for the info.

I signed up for the HSN info but haven't received anything from them yet.

Booked a January cruise through Costco which gave me $150 obc + bottle of wine. Spoke with the Costco agent and mentioned the HSN obc and that I found out about it on CC.

I gave her our Latitudes #s. She called NCL and we now have $250 obc!

Good work!

I just got my letter with $100 OBC from NCL. However ---- it says to use it, I have to mention my Client ID, which is at the top of the page. Well that's all well and good, except that the Client Id is blacked out like a bar code! I don't read bar code speak. They hate me!:D

Good work!

I just got my letter with $100 OBC from NCL. However ---- it says to use it, I have to mention my Client ID, which is at the top of the page. Well that's all well and good, except that the Client Id is blacked out like a bar code! I don't read bar code speak. They hate me!:D

LOL, they all have the barcodes. They also have miniature letters/numbers in the the upper right corner. Have you received the email saying they merged your Latitude accounts? That seems to be the real key to getting the OBC.

Hopefully if you call they can apply it for you although my PCC did say they are not supposed to apply it to any cruise that was booked before the coupon was applied for. I just booked a cruise today but my HSN-OBC is still among the missing but is noted on the invoice that it should be applied.

Melissa,

Do you have a PCC or did you book through another agency? If you have a PCC you should call her directly. I have never seen a booklet. My PCC could see in her system that I had filled out the form and she just attached the credit to our December cruise. There was no hassle about the fact that this cruise was booked in April, she just did it. I can't believe there is so much conflicting information coming from NCL. Good grief. Why can one person make it happen and then the next one can't? I'm just thankful we got it. Good luck Melissa. See you on the roll call board! :)

Kristy

Just noticed some itty bitty writing up in the right-hand corner: BNCL-HSN with a 10-digit number below. Could that be it? I'm saved.:o:o

When I called they didn't ask for the 10 digit number, just NCL reservation number. Give it a try. Now I have $550 dollars on OBC because I'm booked on a suite :)

LOL, they all have the barcodes. They also have miniature letters/numbers in the the upper right corner. Have you received the email saying they merged your Latitude accounts? That seems to be the real key to getting the OBC.

I have received no merged latitude accounts e-mail, no letter, nor my brochure I applied for weeks ago (though someone just recently posted they got theirs in a week)! But I did get the OBC on our existing reservation without re-booking. It just all seems very random chance. :confused:

Archived