Fort Lauderdale Shuttles was a NO CALL NO SHOW!!!

dchoney

I arranged and confirmed a shuttle pick up for 3 for July 20th at 8:45pm at the FFL Airport. After several emails and phone conversations, we were all set! Arrive last night around 8:30pm and immediately sent an email to let them know we were getting our bags. Unfortunately, at 9:10pm after not hearing back from them after several calls and emails, I decided to go with the rental car from Enterprise Car Rental that I reserved as a back up plan! Thank goodness for over planning...lol! Did not let this wrinkle ruin the start of our 7-Day Eastern Carribean Cruise! We are here and ready to sail!

forwarded message:

Date: July 19, 2012 7:19:09 AM EDT

To: XXX@hotmail.com>

Subject: RE: Message from BlueMail

The tip it's up to you.

PLease keep on your cell phone ,when you arrive.

Walter.dispatcher.

COMM(754)246-1111.

Can you please confirm that the $60 rate includes the tip. Looking forward to using your service tomorrow. Thanks in advance.

Date: Mon, 2 Jul 2012 18:42:15 -0600

To: XXX@hotmail.com

Ok, thank you for your response.

Your confirmation number is #0727.

Walter.dispatcher/sales manager.

COMM(754)246-1111.

Thanks for your immediate response. I would like to secure your services for July 20, 2012. I understand that the cost will be $60. We will be paying in cash. The three of us will be flying in on Southwest Airlines Flight 237 which is expected to arrive at 8:45pm on July 20, 2012. The drop off location is: Doubletree Grand Hotel Biscayne Bay 1717 North Bayshore

Drive, Miami, Florida, 33132. *Thanks.

Date: Mon, 2 Jul 2012 13:49:47 -0600

Subject: Re: Message from BlueMail

Thank you for confirm in our company.

Your confirmation number is #0772.

The driver will be waiting for your party in the airport on time.

The price will be $60.00 each way, please send me the complete details and let me know if you wish pay in cash or *with your credit card.

We are happy to serve you.

COM(754)246-1111

Per our conversation, I need a pick up from the Fort Lauderdale Airport at 9:00pm on July 20, 2012 for 3 people. Need to be dropped off at the Doubletree Grand Hotel Biscayne Bay 1717 North Bayshore Drive, Miami, Florida, 33132.

I arranged and confirmed a shuttle pick up for 3 for July 20th at 8:45pm at the FFL Airport. After several emails and phone conversations, we were all set! Arrive last night around 8:30pm and immediately sent an email to let them know we were getting our bags. Unfortunately, at 9:10pm after not hearing back from them after several calls and emails, I decided to go with the rental car from Enterprise Car Rental that I reserved as a back up plan! Thank goodness for over planning...lol! Did not let this wrinkle ruin the start of our 7-Day Eastern Carribean Cruise! We are here and ready to sail!

forwarded message:

Date: July 19, 2012 7:19:09 AM EDT

To: XXX@hotmail.com>

The tip it's up to you.

PLease keep on your cell phone ,when you arrive.

Walter.dispatcher.

COMM(754)246-1111.

Can you please confirm that the $60 rate includes the tip. Looking forward to using your service tomorrow. Thanks in advance.

Date: Mon, 2 Jul 2012 18:42:15 -0600

Ok, thank you for your response.

Your confirmation number is #0727.

COMM(754)246-1111.

Thanks for your immediate response. I would like to secure your services for July 20, 2012. I understand that the cost will be $60. We will be paying in cash. The three of us will be flying in on Southwest Airlines Flight 237 which is expected to arrive at 8:45pm on July 20, 2012. The drop off location is: Doubletree Grand Hotel Biscayne Bay 1717 North Bayshore

Drive, Miami, Florida, 33132. *Thanks.

Date: Mon, 2 Jul 2012 13:49:47 -0600

Subject: Re: Message from BlueMail

Thank you for confirm in our company.

Your confirmation number is #0772.

The driver will be waiting for your party in the airport on time.

The price will be $60.00 each way, please send me the complete details and let me know if you wish pay in cash or *with your credit card.

We are happy to serve you.

COM(754)246-1111

Per our conversation, I need a pick up from the Fort Lauderdale Airport at 9:00pm on July 20, 2012 for 3 people. Need to be dropped off at the Doubletree Grand Hotel Biscayne Bay 1717 North Bayshore Drive, Miami, Florida, 33132.

This is a "you get what you pay for".....$60 for a transfer for 3 people from FLL to Miami.....I would have been skeptical just from that price.

For $9 more, you could have used GoShuttle, Fort Lauderdale Airport's shuttle vendor.

You wouldn't have had to make a reservation, they have their fleet right there at the airport.

I think sometimes people over think the whole transfer thing and make it more complicated that it needs to be.

I'm sorry this vendor sold you out, and I am glad you were able to enjoy your cruise.

• 1 year later...

Im not quite Sure What happen to that Service you had set but I Was Extremely Pleased With Fortlauderdaleshuttles Service. I give them a 10 out of 10 rating. Treated me and my guest excellent and i have been using them ever since. On time. Cold a/c clean shuttles. Excellent Customer service. I have Recommended them to my business Partners Across the Nation to use them. In the Other hand Go shuttle is not like Fortlauderdaleshuttles, They transport everyone in there shuttle with strangers you don't even know, Always packed and This is why I Love FortlauderdaleShuttles they are private to your Party! Well thats all

-Antonio Olivares

-President of Univision

Im not quite Sure What happen to that Service you had set but I Was Extremely Pleased With Fortlauderdaleshuttles Service. I give them a 10 out of 10 rating. Treated me and my guest excellent and i have been using them ever since. On time. Cold a/c clean shuttles. Excellent Customer service. I have Recommended them to my business Partners Across the Nation to use them. In the Other hand Go shuttle is not like Fortlauderdaleshuttles, They transport everyone in there shuttle with strangers you don't even know, Always packed and This is why I Love FortlauderdaleShuttles they are private to your Party! Well thats all

-Antonio Olivares

-President of Univision

I just love these positive reviews from someone who has never posted before. :confused:

-Antonio Olivares

-President of Univision

-Antonio Olivares

-President of Univision

Hello how are you, Im New to Cruise Critic. But I had to put my Review because Fortlauderdale shuttles was a Excellent Service and upset to see that bad review when treated me and my guest for the past 2 years excellent anytime we come to Fortlauderdale or Miami. I travel almost every week being the President of Sales in Univision. But i will be giving reviews on places I've been going to prevent any bad situations. but thank you for your time.

-Antonio Olivares

-President of Univision

Did anyone look at the date of the original post????? I have read positive things re this company and the service recently. Hopefully it has improved. We are using them to get to South Beach after good service reports from friends. Here's hoping.

Hello how are you, Im New to Cruise Critic. But I had to put my Review because Fortlauderdale shuttles was a Excellent Service and upset to see that bad review when treated me and my guest for the past 2 years excellent anytime we come to Fortlauderdale or Miami. I travel almost every week being the President of Sales in Univision. But i will be giving reviews on places I've been going to prevent any bad situations. but thank you for your time.

-Antonio Olivares

-President of Univision

Very happy you had great service. But you mention your job/position in every other sentence. Is this somehow related to cruising and we're missing the point? :D

That's very kind of you to join Cruise Critic today so that you could post about your excellent experience with this company.

I guess we will have to wait and see if others have the same good experience that you had.

Did you use them when you were going on a cruise?

Which port did you sail from?

-Antonio Olivares

-President of Univision

Bad grammer, bad spelling, only 4 total posts on Cruise Critic all on this same thread and all today, and an awesome review, LOL!:rolleyes:

Edited by royalcruz

According to http://corporate.univision.com/corporate/executive-leadership/#.UtX417Qlst0, the President and CEO of Univision is Randy Falco and the President of Sales and Marketing is Keith Turner. Don't see Antonio's name anywhere on the list of executives. :confused: Why would someone make up something so easily verified (or disproved in this case)?

Edited by capriccio

Why come on cc to dispute a complaint that was written a year and a half ago? Obviously trying to "clean up" the reputation of the company. It has been getting good reviews lately. Don't know why anyone from there would bother with this nonsense.

Edited by eandj

Why come on cc to dispute a complaint that was written a year and a half ago? Obviously trying to "clean up" the reputation of the company. It has been getting good reviews lately.

Yes, quite obviously he used the Search function and pulled up this specific (old) thread. I usually take glowing good reviews and scathing bad reviews with a grain of salt. :);)

• 9 months later...

Well, I don't typically like to post bad reviews about things, but since I saw this here and there weren't any more recent comments about this particular shuttle service I will say that we personally will NEVER use them again.

We used them this past August 2014 after reading a couple of reviews here on CC about them. We had four separate trips booked with them - FLL to our Pre-Cruise hotel, the hotel to the Port, the port to our Post-Cruise hotel and the hotel to FLL. Even though we prepaid for the service and had written confirmations from them stating both the times for pickup and the fact that they would come equipped with a carseat (the whole reason we went with them in the first place), they were late for each pickup and only had the carseat once. At the pickup after the cruise we waited almost 2 hours after getting out of customs (in the direct sun with our baby!) for them to arrive. Had I known they were going to simply blow off our request for a carseat and I would end up holding him in my lap anyway we would have just taken a van cab. It would have been the same level of (un)safety and a LOT cheaper and we would have left right away.

Just our personal experience....

There are several similar names.... Can someone tell me which is the exact names this outfit uses??

Two examples :

Fort Lauderdale Shuttle & Limo

Fort Lauderdale Shuttle Vans

Thanks!

PS not sure about the motivation of the "Univision" guy but his English is simply that of a non-English speaker.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Edited by nana541

Actually neither of these two companies seem to be

Fort Lauderdale Shuttle Inc

Used the link in the OP first post.... None of the phone # match up ???

Companies names are all darn near the same.?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums