Marina day

IowaGirl1

Hello,

We will on the Quest for 7 days starting on July 27. We start in Barcelona & end up in Rome.

Will there be a marina day? It's my understanding that they do these 1 time during a 7 day cruise depending on the weather.

Anyone have any more information on this? I'm just curious how this works.

Thanks!

Jenny

Hello,

We will on the Quest for 7 days starting on July 27. We start in Barcelona & end up in Rome.

Will there be a marina day? It's my understanding that they do these 1 time during a 7 day cruise depending on the weather.

Anyone have any more information on this? I'm just curious how this works.

Thanks!

Jenny

My experience is that they do not open the Marina while in Europe/Med but rather mostly in the Caribbean.

My experience is that they do not open the Marina while in Europe/Med but rather mostly in the Caribbean.

We had a marina day on Spirit the day after Lipari, Italy. It was just offshore of Italy in the Bay of Squillace (sp?) and was very nice.:D

Iowa girl.

In the Med. July 2009 14 day cruise we had two days at anchor for a marina day and again in May 2011 on a seven day cruise at anchor we had a marina day which I think was the first one that year as the water was still a bit cool. The cruise leaving 27th July has three days at anchor but I couldn't speculate which day it might be. Before anyone is allowed on to the marina deck you will has to sign an injury waver. All the time there are a lot of crew around, on the water there is always a safety boat as well as all the fun boats and on the marina platform there are quit a few crew to look after your safety as well as one or two to serve some refreshments. It's a fun way to spend an afternoon to having a wee go on a banana tube or doughnut for two or three or go sailing or water skiing or just have swim in the marina enclosed basket swimming pool.

I hope the weather holds up for you and they make it work for you. Have a fantastic Med. cruise with Seabourn, we did.

Rocchi

Iowa girl.

In the Med. July 2009 14 day cruise we had two days at anchor for a marina day and again in May 2011 on a seven day cruise at anchor we had a marina day which I think was the first one that year as the water was still a bit cool. The cruise leaving 27th July has three days at anchor but I couldn't speculate which day it might be. Before anyone is allowed on to the marina deck you will has to sign an injury waver. All the time there are a lot of crew around, on the water there is always a safety boat as well as all the fun boats and on the marina platform there are quit a few crew to look after your safety as well as one or two to serve some refreshments. It's a fun way to spend an afternoon to having a wee go on a banana tube or doughnut for two or three or go sailing or water skiing or just have swim in the marina enclosed basket swimming pool.

I hope the weather holds up for you and they make it work for you. Have a fantastic Med. cruise with Seabourn, we did.

Rocchi

:confused::confused::mad::mad::confused:

We have had many Marina Days while crusing in the Mediterranean. The weather and sea conditions have to be good in order for the Captain to go ahead and do the Marina Day. One of the most memorable Marina Days was in May 2007 when we were on the Pride. This time we were not in the Mediterranean. The weather was absolutely beautiful and so they went ahead and did a Marina Day; however, when it was time to close the Marina door, a part broke and they could not close the Marina door all the way. The Captain/staff was talking to Florida office, announcements were made to keep the passengers informed, finally they announced that the part was ordered and would be overnighted from Germany to Nante, France. We had to wait for the tide to go out in order to leave that night and we cruised -- very slowly -- with the Marina door jerryrigged to an almost closed position. We spent the next day in Nante in drydock where the part was replaced and it was raining cats and dogs!!

Lisa :)

You won't get marina days in the Mediterranean in April, October and November.

This is stated in the Seabourn brochure.

We had marina days when anchored off Porquerolles in May and July this year on the Pride and the Legend.

Marina days are obviously heavily dependent on weather and sea conditions.

Iowagirl1 you might find that yours is in St Tropez. We have had them there before when anchored.

You won't get marina days in the Mediterranean in April, October and November.

This is stated in the Seabourn brochure.

We had marina days when anchored off Porquerolles in May and July this year on the Pride and the Legend.

Marina days are obviously heavily dependent on weather and sea conditions.

Iowagirl1 you might find that yours is in St Tropez. We have had them there before when anchored.

It was May of this year as well on the Sojourn!:eek::confused::eek:

Archived