Marina day

IowaGirl1

Must just be that they don't have marina days on the Sojourn when Seabourntraveller is on board!:D

Indeed!!!

He/she must of upset them at some point!!

Maybe they see Seabourntravellers name on the ships list and decide against a marina day,just to tease him :D:D:D

Well I have my fingers crossed for you for your next cruise xx

Fat chance of it happening in the Baltics at the end of August and then on the Path of the Vikings!!!:eek::mad::eek:

Oh well I'll have to wait for the Odyssey in November 57 days from Dubai to Auckland to see if we will have at least 1 Marina Day.:confused:

Hello,

We will on the Quest for 7 days starting on July 27. We start in Barcelona & end up in Rome.

Will there be a marina day? It's my understanding that they do these 1 time during a 7 day cruise depending on the weather.

Anyone have any more information on this? I'm just curious how this works.

Thanks!

Jenny

Unfortunately, the print brochure does not list a marina day for your itinerary.

Fat chance of it happening in the Baltics at the end of August and then on the Path of the Vikings!!!:eek::mad::eek:

Oh well I'll have to wait for the Odyssey in November 57 days from Dubai to Auckland to see if we will have at least 1 Marina Day.:confused:

I'd ask for it. Stop in the middle of the Atlantic and go for a very brief swim in the enclosed area:D

I think the Marina Day is planned according to the weather and the sea conditions. They can change at a moments notice, so it's not worth announcing a specific day.

I would add location to that. They need a sheltered location, calm seas and good weather.

Well, it will be a surprise, I suppose, if we actually get a marina day. I really hope that we do get one. I'll have to update you all. :) It looks like fun.

Question: Do they have snorkeling equipment provided *if* there is a marina day? Just wondering.....

5 more days!!!!!! Ahhh...can not wait!

Iowa girl

Looks like A Med. Cruise in the summer months at anchor in a sheltered area with calm seas with the sun shining is about your best bet for a marina day. So, on this cruise you have three days so it’s a good chance it will happen.

No snorkelling equipment is available and you are not allowed to swim free around the ship as there are powered boats in the water all the time, but there is a stacks of other stuff to do.

Again I hope it happens for you and that you enjoy it on top of all the other things that are to be enjoyed on Seabourn.

Rocchi

I'd ask for it. Stop in the middle of the Atlantic and go for a very brief swim in the enclosed area:D

It had been known to happen on SeaDream transatlantic crossings. And no cage on the marina.:eek:

We had a Marina Day on the Quest on a Dalmation Cruise cruise in September, so 'sort of' a Med cruise. It was at Triluke Bay, and was planned and appeared on the original itinerary, there isn't anything else to do there, really!

Sorry ST has not had the chance to have fun with this one - although I must admit we just watched the folks falling off the banana boats from a safe spot on board!

The best marina day I ever experienced was in Bora Bora on the Odyssey world cruise a coupe of years ago. Perfect setting. Perfect weather. Perfect waters. Still prefer the beach barbecue days though.

Not funny at all....ST would like a Marina day once in a 139 days on Seabourn!:mad::mad:

Oh ST, come now......its not about he who has most sailed days.....it is about he or she :roll eyes:that picks the best itinernary...

Toodle-loo!:p

Jimmyw9

The best marina day I ever experienced was in Bora Bora on the Odyssey world cruise a coupe of years ago. Perfect setting. Perfect weather. Perfect waters. Still prefer the beach barbecue days though.

The beach barbecue we had in the Grenadines was amazing. And they had the kayaks and other toys out for that one too.

Oh ST, come now......its not about he who has most sailed days.....it is about he or she :roll eyes:that picks the best itinernary...

Toodle-loo!:p

Jimmyw9

I wasn't reffering to the most sail days but rather being unlucky in 139 days and no Marina Day!:rolleyes:

Tottle-Loo to yourself and that Susan Wood Cruise Director.:eek:

I agree the beach barbeques with the water toys are more enjoyable than the marina days as the crowd factor is eliminated. Too bad suitable and deserted island beaches in Croatia or Greece are few and far between.

The Marina Days are listed in the paper Seabourn brochure, but not on their website on the individual cruises. Some travel agents in the UK also mention them in their advertising. They are mostly in the Western and Eastern Med., and the Caribbean. As far as I have seen on the ships in the past, they do happen as advertised unless the sea conditions or weather are too bad.

Archived