Graham Seymour Here

Hi Graham, Congrats on your upcoming wedding! Loved you on the last cruise we took with you. Will you be on the Freedom for the charter cruise November 11th? Need a special sense of humour for that..... will be a memorable cruise!

He already got married and is now back on the FR!:)

Hi Graham. It's been ages since I've been on a ship where you were the CD. It was back in your Princess days (well, you weren't the Princess, the ship was). I fondly recall how you made those boring debarkation talks on the in-cabin tv's into one of the funniest routines I've ever seen on a cruise ship.

I just discovered this thread, so although it's been some time already, I was shocked to learn the sad news abour Corey Schmidt. He was the cd on the Carnival Victory innaurgural season when I sailed and his bird show was amazing.

Hope I have the good fortune to sail with you again. You're the best in my book!

Hi All

Another plan of mine to get a "whose line is it anyway" night on the Freedom

Graham

Hmm, I'm considering returning to Freedom in 2014, I'll have to refresh my memory of WHOSE LINE.

Although he is working on the Freedom at this time, this particular sailing is a charter/takeover where not all of the crew is working. Just wondering if they have worked him into the program that week with all of the different theme nights, and if so. In what capacity.

Trying to plan our cruise for March 2013. Any word as to where Graham Seymour is going to be as my husband and I so enjoyed him on the Grand Princess.... He is the best!

he goes back on vacation in Feb,so you'll have Drew Devine as your CD.

I just got off the freedom, sailing on the sept 30th-oct 7th and I have to say you are the best cd, your hilarious. I enjoyed every minute of that cruise. Thank you for making my vacation that much better. Enjoy your time off and I look forward to cruising with you again.

• 1 month later...

Hi Graham! I was hoping you could update us over on the Current CD thread.

As of your last report, you were planning to stay on Freedom through February 3rd, then returning again April 7 through July 28.

However, a "rumor" has been posted that you'll be leaving Freedom on January 6th and going to the Voyager for 2 months. Then some home time, and then should be on the Rhapsody in Alaska.

Can you confirm for us??

Thanks so much!

All the best,

Donna

Really sorry to hear that you will be leaving the Freedom not through your own choosing.

Any small clues as to where you will be going after the Voyager?

Sorry for calling you Fat Graham in jest on the Freedom last week but I did buy your excellent DVD.

Hope to sail with you again soon.

Michael, Maria & Madison

My husband and I were on the Freedom this past April. We certainly enjoyed having you as our CD. You can tell you enjoyed your job but you and the rest of the staff certainly work very hard and give it your all so that we can have a nice vacation. Now it's time for you to enjoy your vacation and family and friends. Hope to be on a ship with you again.

Graham,

I'll not comment on the rumor until you corfirm/deny it.

But let me say how much we enjoyed you being CD on our Dec 2, 2012 cruise. Your stand-up was top-notch. I don't know who else could tell but you really played guitar in the "Rock Britannia". I know so many others would have just played "air guitar" but you are no fake. Your staff spoke of you with respect. The vast majority of passengers love you.

We don't know what is happening with your 23 year career at RCI. But it important to know that you have many fans you have. We appreciate you giving it all you have 100% of the time. I'm sure you have down days (sorry to hear about the loss of your peer) but you never let on to personal problems to the passengers on the cruise. I'm so glad you found someone to share your life with.

I would have loved a "Whose Line" show, You would make a great Clive Anderson.

You joked during that cruise that your supervisors took offense by your consuming a cupcake in a single bite. And the next day you make an off-the-cuff remark when the bear mascot fell into the cupcake. Your facial expression afterward told me that you knew you would hear more flak from management. I sure hope I am reading too much into this. Nobody helped sell more cupcakes on RCI Freedom of the Seas than Graham Seymour. We loved the cupcake dance.

You can't comment about any of this now. And, even much later, you are far too classy a guy to comment. But just know that your efforts as CD made our cruise so much better. We wish you and your bride many happy years together.

Dan

Edited by MD_Dan

Graham,

I'll not comment on the rumor until you corfirm/deny it.

But let me say how much we enjoyed you being CD on our Dec 2, 2012 cruise. Your stand-up was top-notch. I don't know who else could tell but you really played guitar in the "Rock Britannia".

Dan

We were on the same cruise and my favorite two nights were the Rock Britannia street party and your adult comedy show. I hope to cruise with you again sometime in the future!

Hi everyome

Just to confirm the rumours are true I leave Freedom Jan 6th and do Gordon's fill on Voyager I get there Jan 8th for a 4/5 day handover and I am there until March 23rd (Singapore)

Then my new home will be Rhapsody Handover May 24th which I am looking forward to very much Alaska in the summer Australia in the winter

Had a great time on freedom and honoured to work with some managers there

But that is ships you sign to the company not a ship and they go where required

Bex sadly hurt her back and has been home since Nov 2nd so they reckon another 3-6 weeks to recover Boo Hiss Boo !!

Thanks as always for your kind words

Happy holidays and be well

Very Best

Graham

Hi everyome

Just to confirm the rumours are true I leave Freedom Jan 6th and do Gordon's fill on Voyager I get there Jan 8th for a 4/5 day handover and I am there until March 23rd (Singapore)

Then my new home will be Rhapsody Handover May 24th which I am looking forward to very much Alaska in the summer Australia in the winter

Bex sadly hurt her back and has been home since Nov 2nd so they reckon another 3-6 weeks to recover Boo Hiss Boo !!

Very Best

Graham

We wish you luck. DH and I were really excited to hear that you "were" going to be back on the Freedom for our cruise in May, 2013. I guess things change... real quick. We hope we have as good a CD as we've heard about you. Good luck.

Graham,

So very to sorry hear about Bex's injury. Hopefully healing will be FAST.

As far as Rhapsody goes, looks like we might just have to speed up our next Alaska sailing. Actually, hubby's dream would be flying to Australia and doing the repo of Rhapsody back through Alaska. Come on Powerball!!!

Merry Christmas and a Happy and Healthy New Year to you and Bex.

Erika

Hi everyome

Very Best

Graham

Graham

I was just on Freedom of the Seas Dec 9th. It was my first cruise. You made it great! My friend and I looked forward to the morning shows. We were really sad we missed your Comedy show. We fell asleep early that night :( Because of you, we now have some one liners we say to each other (Schneider, and Steeeeeeve) hehe.

I really hope I get the chance to cruise with you again. I really wanted to get my picture taken with you! Good luck with the Voyager and Rhapsody of the seas! I hope Bex heals quickly!

Thanks again for making my cruise everything I thought it would be and then some!

Hi Graham,

Even though you were our CD many years ago, we still consider you the best; and no one has yet been able to live up to the expectations you instilled in us. We hope you continue to let everyone know your schedule because we would truly enjoy sailing with you again!!

Hi Graham,

So sorry to hear that you're leaving the Freedom. I am booked on the Freedom for June along with my family from Scotland and was hoping to have you as our Cruise Director. From all the wonderful things that are written about you - it sounds like you are great at your job. It seems like a decade ago since I met you on the Jubilee. You are definitely living your dream. Best of luck with your new ship. Speedy recovery to your wife.

Merry Christmas!

Elaine