cigarettes

Can't remember the price but I bought a couple of cartons on Freedom of the Seas this year and then on Med cruise on Navigator and I'm pretty sure they are the same. If you buy them by the carton (or better yet, multiple cartons), the price gets cheaper and cheaper. I make everyone in my party my "cigarette mules" since you're told that you can only bring one carton per person but yet they sell cartons sealed in multiples. Cheaper than anywhere in the U.S., but how much cheaper depends on where you are in the U.S. Somewhere in the ballpark of $36-38 per carton, I think.

you can get five cartons for 115 dollars ,but your only allowed to take one carton per person off the ship go figure!!

That is one carton per person, duty free, not a limit on how many cartons you can actually take off if you are willing to pay any duty involved. Without knowing what the duty might be, I can't say whether or not there is any savings when you purchase multiple cartons onboard, but it is something that can probably be determined by contacting the appropriate Customs officials or checking the website. On occasion the officials may even waive the duty if you are only slightly over the limit.:)

this may seem a strange question but are the price of cigarettes on the ship the same price whatever destination you are cruising, thanks in advance

Some of the brands change depending on whether you are in the Med or Caribbean. For example you will easily see Benson and Hedges , Silk cut & Lambert and Butler in the Med. and then once you get over to the States some of the brands change for the US market. Prices seem to be consistent.

Can't remember the price but I bought a couple of cartons on Freedom of the Seas this year and then on Med cruise on Navigator and I'm pretty sure they are the same. If you buy them by the carton (or better yet, multiple cartons), the price gets cheaper and cheaper. I make everyone in my party my "cigarette mules" since you're told that you can only bring one carton per person but yet they sell cartons sealed in multiples. Cheaper than anywhere in the U.S., but how much cheaper depends on where you are in the U.S. Somewhere in the ballpark of $36-38 per carton, I think.

we were on Adventure last year and it was $40 a carton but i wasnt sure if it was cheaper as we sailed round the Canaries (Canaries cheaper than mainland Spain) we are sailing round the Med in September xxx

That is one carton per person, duty free, not a limit on how many cartons you can actually take off if you are willing to pay any duty involved. Without knowing what the duty might be, I can't say whether or not there is any savings when you purchase multiple cartons onboard, but it is something that can probably be determined by contacting the appropriate Customs officials or checking the website. On occasion the officials may even waive the duty if you are only slightly over the limit.:)

excuse me for being nieve but what customs are you talking about? when we came of the ship last year we just exited the ship without passing any customs

Some of the brands change depending on whether you are in the Med or Caribbean. For example you will easily see Benson and Hedges , Silk cut & Lambert and Butler in the Med. and then once you get over to the States some of the brands change for the US market. Prices seem to be consistent.

The duty is relatively small...I want to say something like 2 or 3 bucks per carton.

excuse me for being nieve but what customs are you talking about? when we came of the ship last year we just exited the ship without passing any customs

When we got back to Southampton the port was swarmed with customs officers, almost everyone was stopped, some searched and some questioned. We were questioned..... But since we only had a bottle of drink each no problem.... However we were aware that some fellow passengers had lots of cigarettes and the issue they faced was they had bought on the ship and in ports and Her Majesty's officers didn't like that.....

Depends where you are sailing from / to.....

When we got back to Southampton the port was swarmed with customs officers, almost everyone was stopped, some searched and some questioned. We were questioned..... But since we only had a bottle of drink each no problem.... However we were aware that some fellow passengers had lots of cigarettes and the issue they faced was they had bought on the ship and in ports and Her Majesty's officers didn't like that.....

Depends where you are sailing from / to.....

we were/are sailing from malaga and as you can bring back as many cigarettes as you want (to a certain degree) to the uk i thought we could purchase as many as we wanted whilst on board???

we were/are sailing from malaga and as you can bring back as many cigarettes as you want (to a certain degree) to the uk i thought we could purchase as many as we wanted whilst on board???

Don't quote me but .... I understood that if you buy in Spain for example you are buying duty paid, there for you can bring as much for consumption, however, if you buy on the ship they are duty free thus technically allowed 200 cigs per person. Might be worth a google for allowances.... But saying that if you are flying back from Malaga then you will go through the blue channel at your home airport as your journey will be within the EU. Southampton at Easter was a nightmare and we had only been within EU - Spain, Portugal and canaries. Good luck :)

Don't quote me but .... I understood that if you buy in Spain for example you are buying duty paid, there for you can bring as much for consumption, however, if you buy on the ship they are duty free thus technically allowed 200 cigs per person. Might be worth a google for allowances.... But saying that if you are flying back from Malaga then you will go through the blue channel at your home airport as your journey will be within the EU. Southampton at Easter was a nightmare and we had only been within EU - Spain, Portugal and canaries. Good luck :)

hi tactic i understand what you are getting at re the duty free, last year we purchased our cigarettes in the canaries are they were really cheap but as we fley back from malaga there were no problems as they (customs) were unaware that we bought them in the canaries as far as they were concerned we bought them on mainland spain (which is a lot dearer than the canaries) so we thought this year we could buy them on the ship as it is cheaper than on land but as we are flying back from malaga we should be fine lol x

In the US you are only allowed to bring back 1 carton to US manufactured cigarettes per person. If that amount is exceeded they take them there is no option to pay duty.

That is simply not true. We have paid the duty several times, it takes a few extra minutes, but it is easy. Did you not declare the amount over your allowance perhaps?

More like $10 a carton.

Tucker in Texas

Perhaps the price has gone up significantly in the last few months, but, we paid nowhere near that. In fact at least once they just told us to forget about it and sent us through without paying.

this may seem a strange question but are the price of cigarettes on the ship the same price whatever destination you are cruising, thanks in advance

Just of NOS yesterday cigarettes were $65 for 400. Packs of 800 or 1000 were available but cant really remember exact price as i wanted menthol and they did not have any in that size.

hi tactic i understand what you are getting at re the duty free, last year we purchased our cigarettes in the canaries are they were really cheap but as we fley back from malaga there were no problems as they (customs) were unaware that we bought them in the canaries as far as they were concerned we bought them on mainland spain (which is a lot dearer than the canaries) so we thought this year we could buy them on the ship as it is cheaper than on land but as we are flying back from malaga we should be fine lol x

Exactly , thats what i did. Also they do not know that you have been on a cruise so do not even look at you

Archived